Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3741332 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #5760 on: June 08, 2013, 02:31:35 pm »

Plus. Anybody notice anything weird about the name "Proxxy"? I didn't think about it until Cherish brought it up, but... it's obviously based on the word "Proxy". As in, a stand-in for something else. I can't help but feel like clones are involved somehow. Perhaps she's Gemini Man or something? I dunno. It's just too much of a coincidence, in an FFS game.
Oh come on dudes. It's simple. Just think about how she has an army of drones scouring the Warrens for a second.

The "Proxy" we met was a robot double for the actual person. She just remotely controls it, all Batman Wizard style, to protect herself. Hence all the weird code-speaking and stuff she does.

Y'all gotta bone up on your Plot-Fu.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: June 08, 2013, 03:11:37 pm »

Plus. Anybody notice anything weird about the name "Proxxy"? I didn't think about it until Cherish brought it up, but... it's obviously based on the word "Proxy". As in, a stand-in for something else. I can't help but feel like clones are involved somehow. Perhaps she's Gemini Man or something? I dunno. It's just too much of a coincidence, in an FFS game.
Or she could be a proxy for Oric's will. She doesn't seem to have a lot of her own.
Or maybe...it's a tech joke.

Oh come on dudes. It's simple. Just think about how she has an army of drones scouring the Warrens for a second.

The "Proxy" we met was a robot double for the actual person. She just remotely controls it, all Batman Wizard style, to protect herself. Hence all the weird code-speaking and stuff she does.
And the real Mechanic is...Olexia!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: June 08, 2013, 03:14:23 pm »

Draw out Proxxy by wrecking the machinery.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: June 08, 2013, 03:21:08 pm »

I agree with the prospect of her name being a tech joke.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: June 08, 2013, 03:22:35 pm »

Draw out Proxxy by wrecking the machinery.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: June 08, 2013, 03:50:17 pm »

Theory: Proxxy is a double agent for the siblings. Her loyalties do not lie with them. No, Proxxy is a Proxy and we've pissed off someone we really shouldn't.
My tumblr.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: June 08, 2013, 04:29:07 pm »

I reiterate: Take that big key we have, touch to lightning bolt statue to acquire Electric Key
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: June 08, 2013, 05:38:11 pm »

I reiterate: Take that big key we have, touch to lightning bolt statue to acquire Electric Key
+1 this, so we actually have something to do.
Sig

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ....
« Reply #5768 on: June 08, 2013, 09:11:42 pm »

Y'know. I just realized a few things.

First of all, did we ever ACTUALLY get any confirmation for whether or not Floe is "the Eye"? I don't buy it, personally. For one, we really haven't gotten to see a whole lot of her at all. Plus.... Betweenford's first line.

The EYE that sees them sleep. Honestly I think that's a lot more compelling than anything we have for Floe, if we even have any evidence for her being the Eye at all.

Guys, I been all over the Proxxy joke.

Finally, the pecking order position is important because Sinful then says " he/she just does what people tell him/her to." You know, as in he/she acts as their proxy. Ha Ha.

Also

I'm pretty sure that exchange indicates all the grey people are a distinct unit from Oric's ilk. If nothing else, Circruitrix is almost certainly not a Sibling, and he does claim kinship with Betweenford.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: June 08, 2013, 09:45:48 pm »

Stil say BetweenFord and his Brothers are Sentient Void robots who guard the Oversoul

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: June 08, 2013, 10:06:03 pm »

Fuck with Proxxy's mind. Break shit. Brutally kill the enemies. Draw her out. And when she shows her face, run past and take control of her floor. Cherish should'ave studied Proxxy's work. She'll know how to work the machinery. Give Proxxy hell.

Apply over the course of many turns if necessary.
My tumblr.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: June 08, 2013, 10:13:15 pm »

I... don't think that'd work? I don't know as we can murder wisps any more brutally than we already are, breaking stuff is basically our modus operandi, Proxxy doesn't strike me as the sort to wig out over those kinds of actions ("Adventurers will be adventurers,") even if she did she'd be more likely to just kill the hostages we're trying to save, and if she did show up and expose herself, I don't think we know enough to be able to "take control" of her floor, if that's even a thing that can happen.

So... yeah.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: June 08, 2013, 10:27:33 pm »

I don't think we know enough to be able to "take control" of her floor, if that's even a thing that can happen.
But Cherish should at least have some knowledge on how to do that. And if she kills her hostages we kill Cherish and do something else.
My tumblr.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: June 08, 2013, 10:31:17 pm »

Two problems with that plan.

1. Proxxy has shown to be fairly mechanical in her mindset, so "fuck[ing] with Proxxy's mind" would be pretty tough...if we were trying to do so in physically possible manners. ("Brutally murder" things moreso than we have been?)
2. WHY WOULD WE WANT TO?!?
Sig

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: June 08, 2013, 10:31:42 pm »

I'm not terribly fond of a plan where hostage death is a probably outcome. Besides, I'm much more down with trying to somehow recruit Proxxy to Team Protagonist. She's already in the Astral Influx, there must be a way!
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 1544