Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695294 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #5790 on: June 09, 2013, 12:53:03 am »

I'm not terribly fond of a plan where hostage death is a probably outcome. Besides, I'm much more down with trying to somehow recruit Proxxy to Team Protagonist. She's already in the Astral Influx, there must be a way!
Agreed.
...Wait, Slayerhero siggested we kill our healer if Proxxy killed Al and Riltia? What is WRONG with that guy?

Slayerhero has been an Obvious Troll since his first "suggestion" and is actively trying to ruin the game. The best thing to do is to stop feeding him.
Perhaps you've not seen me post elsewhere here. Please do not brand me as a troll; if I were, I wouldn't have been here for almost a year. And what was my first suggestion? I don't remember, but I'm fairly certain I've submitted genuine commands. I happen to like this story and want to see more of it, not to see it die horribly. Sometimes my brain just doesn't function like it should and my good-judgement center shuts off. Of course, if you were referring to my avatar, that'd be pretty funny.

Anyways, I didn't know Cherish was a healer. I would not have suggested killing her if I knew that. I'm starting to think I missed an update.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: June 09, 2013, 01:13:45 am »

Creative thinking Hooooooooooooo! Oric wants to kill his Siblings using Ciro, just to sum it up.
No; Oric punished Cain for murderderizing siblings.
But that isn't Cain's job! It's Cain's job to sit there and be murdered; not be the murderer!
Cain even had a boss room, meaning he used to kill the target at one point in time, and probably has died to us before(just not any he remembers from this time Alive).
Cain was punished for having too much fun when he was supposed to be punished!
Murdering your siblings ruins the punishment of doing it yourself! Ciro's punishment for killing is probably having to relive every waking moment in amnesia and no individuality; with just a hint of constant revival
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 01:21:56 am by javierpwn »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: June 09, 2013, 04:31:33 am »

...Maybe we should set up a separate thread for theorycrafting? It's becoming a liiiiiiiittle bit hard to find FFS's posts in all those products of unhealthy minds.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: June 09, 2013, 04:48:08 am »

...Maybe we should set up a separate thread for theorycrafting? It's becoming a liiiiiiiittle bit hard to find FFS's posts in all those products of unhealthy minds.

I'm sure I saw some mention of a theorycrafting thread while reading this thread... maybe it's that "Wild Mass Guessing" link in the OP?

However, theorycrafting isn't the only problem - arguing about suggestions has the same cluttering effect.  What would be really nice is some way to view only updates, hiding all of the intervening posts.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: June 09, 2013, 05:06:48 am »

What would be really nice is some way to view only updates, hiding all of the intervening posts.

Indeed, i was one day reading this thread and the other day(before i registered) i found like 5-6 new pages, got excited for update and then found out that all pages were just people discussing stuff. Don't get me wrong, reading this theorycrafting is interesting but it's also confusing to search for updates sometimes.  :-\
Rawr

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: June 09, 2013, 07:20:36 am »

I haven't actually come up with anything more on Theorycraft #4, but I thought I'd share my musings in case they spark somebody else to the answer.

The obvious interpretation of that line would be that Ciro dies at the end of the cycle, then everyone gets reincarnated and the cycle starts over. Except, it's unlikely that Ciro just needs to die; heck, we've already done that. The "defeat" must be a specific thing, and probably needs to happen in a certain way for the desired consequences to take effect. The half-formed idea I've been toying with is, what if Ciro's death isn't actually the end of the cycle, just the end of his/her role? It could be that the defeat is simply required for the important part of the cycle to happen. What that might be, I don't know, hence why this is just useless ramblings and not a proper theory! Probably impetus to make another character act, or maybe we'll give narrative control to someone in the final moment. Maybe the whole thing is an elaborate plot to get Ciro to give Oric narrative control via the Astral Influx?
The bit about Oric's plot makes sense.
As for what constitutes defeat...hm. Maybe cycles end either when Oric is (permanently) killed or Ciro is captured(/permanently killed)?

She could have a brother? Or a whole family?
Who says she doesn't? :3
Inb4 "You killed my family in the arena, prepare to die."
So all Goombas are related? You racist! They're mushrooms, not hillbillies!
Goom-Bess is even a different color, although I'm willing to put that down to gender dimorphism due to not having studied Goomba physiology.

Anyways, I didn't know Cherish was a healer. I would not have suggested killing her if I knew that. I'm starting to think I missed an update.
Or possibly the entire bit when we met her the first time.
And the healing spells in her inventory.
And, again, why would it be a good idea to begin with? "You killed my friends? I WILL KILL ANOTHER OF MY FRIENDS NOW."

However, theorycrafting isn't the only problem - arguing about suggestions has the same cluttering effect.  What would be really nice is some way to view only updates, hiding all of the intervening posts.
Well...hm. Two possibilities. 1: Someone indexes all the turns, like I do with A Beginner's Guide, and the index is linked from the OP. 2: Someone figures out how to only view freeform's posts.

Oh, and welcome, Scionox. I'm the most consistently sane Bay12er. Glad to meet you!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Underside
« Reply #5796 on: June 09, 2013, 07:24:33 am »

Incidentally, Slayerhero's first suggestion:
Store plush cat in storage.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: June 09, 2013, 07:31:44 am »

Incidentally, Slayerhero's first suggestion:
Store plush cat in storage.
Where did that thing go? Didn't Cherish give it to Proxxy?

Or possibly the entire bit when we met her the first time.
And the healing spells in her inventory.
And, again, why would it be a good idea to begin with? "You killed my friends? I WILL KILL ANOTHER OF MY FRIENDS NOW."
I just don't remember anything from that intro post about any healing abilities.

And the reasoning behind killing her was that 1: Proxxy should still have ties to Cherish, which might evoke a more emotion-driven response from Proxxy, potentially leading to her downfall, and B: intimidation value. If we kill Cherish, it shows that we don't give a fuck what happens to our friends. We might even start an jadedness-off.
My tumblr.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: June 09, 2013, 07:38:45 am »

1. I don't remember. Maybe?

2. She's a White Apprentice, which I'm fairly certain was used the first time around. We certainly checked her menus...which strangely enough sounds wrong.

3. "Emotion-driven response"? This is probably the worst Sibling to try that on. And I don't think that killing a friend would show that "we don't give a fuck what happens to our friends," it would show that if we did, our semen would have greater intelligence than we did.
...That sounded really, really wrong, but I made my point.
Sig

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: June 09, 2013, 07:40:21 am »

our semen would have greater intelligence than we did.
Just'd like to point out that Ciro is female.

But yeah, guess you've got a valid point.
My tumblr.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: June 09, 2013, 07:55:59 am »

I googled 'beheading facepalm' in hopes of finding a gif of someone facepalming so hard their head flies off and the first result was this forum. Mneh.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: June 09, 2013, 07:57:57 am »

Irrelevant! It was a metaphor! And women probably have some bodily fluid that can be used for essentially the same metaphor!

But yeah, guess you've got a valid point.
Thank you.

I googled 'beheading facepalm' in hopes of finding a gif of someone facepalming so hard their head flies off and the first result was this forum. Mneh.
And later down on the first page, it talks about a witch doctor executed for beheading a boy.
Google really doesn't seem to know what to do with that search query...
Sig

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: June 09, 2013, 04:01:55 pm »

...beheading facepalm...
this is the closest i found for it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Back on topick:
random thoughts on experimenting with the skill tree -
lightning based skills by bottling whisps?
combining lightning and acid?
go back to level one and get the ladder to mix a cheating skill?
level 1 has to have a savepoint somewhere ...
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: June 09, 2013, 04:05:29 pm »

We probably won't find anything too amazing anyways...ReagentWise
No matter what we use for reagents, we need higher tiers to get cooler stuff.
On a seperate note, we could essentially farm our reagents for gold, as skills are hard to come by.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: June 09, 2013, 07:20:26 pm »

We probably won't find anything too amazing anyways...ReagentWise
No matter what we use for reagents, we need higher tiers to get cooler stuff.
On a seperate note, we could essentially farm our reagents for gold, as skills are hard to come by.
Hm...
Did we ever see how much that Growth skill sold for, and if it would be worth the time to produce?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 1544