Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3696630 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #5820 on: June 09, 2013, 09:12:28 pm »

Where is Goombess on the chart?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: June 09, 2013, 09:13:51 pm »

Riltia, y u so bitter? She exports nearly as much hate as Proxxy.

Hear hear! I also choose to take Slog's presence as a beacon of hope rather than a sign of GM's laziness :P

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: June 09, 2013, 09:14:07 pm »

Goombess does not love anyone because we have yet to embark on her Romance Sidequest. Slog's on the chart because we completed his Romance Sidequest by making eye contact with him.

I mean, come ON guys.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: June 09, 2013, 09:16:36 pm »

yes, you may have missed the update where Cherish hops on Team Ciro (around the time the thread title changed to "Let's Get Al Back"
No, I saw that one.

I still don't understand why everyone's talking about cycles, though. When were they mentioned? (That's why I feel I missed an update.)
When Riltia died, when we met Oric, and during two hidden messages.
You missed alot

Also FFS: I just noticed Al's happy and sad faces are just his mouth flipped upsidedown and mirrored; still achieves the effect though.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 09:19:42 pm by javierpwn »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: June 09, 2013, 09:20:36 pm »

Slog's on the chart because we completed his Romance Sidequest by making eye contact with him.

I mean, come ON guys.

Some sig worthy stuff right there, man.

Also, when are we going to see some more hidden messages? I've got a wicked nasty cipher, too, that I could send you the instructions for, that A) I cannot find in wikipedia, and B) does not require a key. So either if anyone else ever invented it, it's so top secret the military keeps it off the web still, or it's original.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: June 09, 2013, 09:21:31 pm »

Also possibly when we revived.

When we get the chance, we should look into the blackness again, if it changes any or doesn't it will help us figure out what the heck it is.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: June 09, 2013, 09:49:48 pm »

Reading back through the thread (and indexing, huzzah for me) and hey, remember how there was a really deep drop right at the start of Underside? Doesn't that breeze ability basically give us featherfall? We gotta get down there!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: June 09, 2013, 09:52:16 pm »

yes, you may have missed the update where Cherish hops on Team Ciro (around the time the thread title changed to "Let's Get Al Back"
No, I saw that one.

I still don't understand why everyone's talking about cycles, though. When were they mentioned? (That's why I feel I missed an update.)
When Riltia died, when we met Oric, and during two hidden messages.
You missed alot

Also FFS: I just noticed Al's happy and sad faces are just his mouth flipped upsidedown and mirrored; still achieves the effect though.
Judging from that, I didn't actually miss much, considering that yes, I did indeed read both of those posts. Just don't remember the details, I guess.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: June 09, 2013, 10:28:54 pm »

Why does Cherish still dislike Riltia? The only reason she disliked her was because Al was hitting on her, but now that Al did that to Cherish, you'd think that she would have forgotten about the reason she disliked Riltia.

Also,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Actually, Cherish like nobody, not even Proxxy, She knows only hate.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Advanced Navigation
« Reply #5829 on: June 09, 2013, 10:48:45 pm »

Advanced Navigation
Part One

Spoiler Alert! This post is a compendium of every game update made in TWoOtA, including the updates that are only two posts apart, and the updates that are just opening a menu or something, as well as the behind-the-scenes updates and some of the shenanigans. It is intended to aid with rereading through the thread, so many of the links come with a brief note on what happens in that post.

If this is your first time reading The Warrens of Oric the Awesome, you may be better served just reading through from the OP; many of the game updates are quite near one another anyway, and the players' insane theories are half the fun! If you really just want the game updates, then try not to read anything next to the links as the things worth noting are usually spoilers of what happens later in the thread.

Updates are organized by Chapter, Part, and Post (with 0 being the first post in a part.) Soul Star sightings are color-coded for quick reference. If you have any comments on the format of this post, or wish to have a note added to a particular link, let me know!

We've also been keeping track of freeformscholar's Twoota Tips (aka those little images in his sig.) flabort has a full list of them here, though sometimes ffs sneaks a new one in on us.

Toaster compiled a list of Polar Eye Scans here (warning: may not be up to date)

IronyOwl has also compiled an inventory and index exclusively dedicated to items, menus, and other useful bits. If we've looted it, it's probably in the Armory

A brief flash game prologue can be found here, or rather, it could before the files were irrecoverably lost on ffs' end. Something seems to have taken its place...

Prologue: Enter the Warrens

Chapter One: The Underside

Spoiler: Part One: Alone Again (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Part Two: Al's Story (click to show/hide)

The story continues with Chapter Two: Nepotism in Advanced Navigation Part Two

Chapter Three: Unplanned can be found in Advanced Navigation Part Three

Chapter Four: Broken Throne can be found in Advanced Navigation Part Four
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:51:58 pm by monk12 »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: June 09, 2013, 10:54:26 pm »

You have no idea how much this makes my life easier for finding updates to improve the fan-game.
*Slow Clap*
Thank you Monk12.
The Derail Thread

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: June 09, 2013, 10:55:22 pm »

Nice! Soon, I shall finally be able to get to the DL2 adventuring segment(the one with Polaris and Oric)without having to guess which page it is on!

THEORYCRAFTING SHALL BE MADE 3x AS EASIER!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: June 09, 2013, 11:09:54 pm »

That was a seriously awesome thing you did monk12. It will be easier to work on the tvtropes page now. Many thanks and appreciation.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: June 09, 2013, 11:12:02 pm »

Things that Monk12 has assisted with by making this.
- Theorycrafting
- TVTropes
- Fan Game

A Capital Service you did there.
The Derail Thread

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: June 09, 2013, 11:38:15 pm »

Huzzah, I feel special now :P

Also, if I miss something that deserves notation let me know. I'm trying to mention everything that might be significant, but this is the sort of game where a random throwaway line turns out to be a vital clue later on.

Why does Cherish still dislike Riltia? The only reason she disliked her was because Al was hitting on her, but now that Al did that to Cherish, you'd think that she would have forgotten about the reason she disliked Riltia.

Also,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Actually, Cherish like nobody, not even Proxxy, She knows only hate.

LOVE-O-METER (where a little heart is magnitude 1, a big one is magnitude 2, and a giant is mag 3)

LOVE OUT

Riltia: -2
Proxxy: -2
Cherish: -1
Ciro: +2
Al: +5
Slog: +18

LOVE IN (you may wish to normalize for Slog, as he gives everyone a +3 boost, including himself)

Proxxy: -3
Riltia: +3
Slog: +4
Al: +5
Cherish: +5
Ciro: +6

Notably, Riltia takes love in and puts hate out (though in her defense without Slog she'd be getting nothing,) Ciro and Cherish also get more than they give, and Al breaks even. I'm amused that Al went from having all the ladies swoon over him in the first Shipping Grid, to having nobody but Ciro really like him. And Al likes Ciro more than Ciro likes Al (and more than Al likes Riltia, or Cherish...)
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 1544