Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3738924 times)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #5910 on: June 12, 2013, 04:01:02 pm »

"It's just a coincidence" has been thought or mentioned several times in this thread. Almost never has it been true.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: June 12, 2013, 04:38:23 pm »

"It's just a coincidence" has been thought or mentioned several times in this thread. Almost never has it been true.

Hmm... there was that time when two unrelated characters were the same color (slog and... someone else), and FFS explicitly said that it was a coincidence, IIRC.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: June 12, 2013, 08:08:37 pm »

Mmm. Yeah, we used oversoul to cure Riltia (after she died, oversoul gave her life/normalcy) and Ciro got rez'd by a tank next to a giant eye-thing. Then someone questing after the power we used describes it in the form of two eyes that share visual thematics. I'm going to stick with my theory that the greens orb is an unopened eye/part of oversoul/counterpart to Cain's guardian.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: June 12, 2013, 08:12:38 pm »

If that was true:

1. How could we test it?
2. What would the effects be?
3. How could we open/activate it?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: June 12, 2013, 08:15:20 pm »

Hmm... I don't happen to think the 'Eye' is the machine in the Greens', but for some reason I have a gut feeling it might be whatever is creating that heavenly light inside the greens.
Just speculation on my part.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: June 12, 2013, 08:30:56 pm »

That's an interesting thought, remember that giant ceiling eye back when we fixed Riltia? Next time we go to the Greens, we might want to look up...
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: June 12, 2013, 08:53:51 pm »

Also I'm totally wrong about the black void being a Sub-D, it looks like... wherever this place is, is a Sub-D. Kinda weird.

Advanced Navigation complete through Sinful Intermission, btw

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: June 12, 2013, 11:11:32 pm »

There's an aesthetic clue to the current topic in the game, but it's very subtle and I only expect monk12 to find it in his readthrough binge (if anyone does). No one has found and posted it for theorycrafting usage so far.

Sorry again the update's taking so long. On the other hand, my RPG is moving faster than ever :P

THE EYEEEEEESSSSSSS... red white red white terror terror SLOG! Eyes of the angel...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:13:12 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: June 12, 2013, 11:43:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It could also be the background that lazy FFS uses to make things look cooler. There are two more(that aren't scanners) which elude me.
Each Sphere is simply put, an area of activity somewhere in the Warrens. Whether it be a sub-DL, Hub, or Arena.
I have a strange feeling however, that the interconnected areas; are actually a maze of vents, which act as some of the only permanant structures, and provide Oxygen to the moving parts of the Warrens.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: June 12, 2013, 11:51:08 pm »

It could also be the background that lazy FFS uses to make things look cooler.

JAVIER IS WINRAR! :P I think I've only made like, what, 7-8 fancy textured backgrounds for the game total? And a few of those were Cain intermission-only. But no, really, I'd also like to hear a complete version of your theory on what "Oversoul" actually is/means, given how much you reference it in your theorycrafting.

Ask about that computer from earlier.
"What exactly do they get zapped by? Proxxy? Wisps? Tesla coils? And are they tied to something in the air, or is it, like, magnets holding them up?"

"Also, what's the deal with the room with the giant keyboard?"

Looks like we're going to have to electrify this key. We should go to the aforementioned room and... chuck the key at the electrifier majigger?

I reiterate: Take that big key we have, touch to lightning bolt statue to acquire Electric Key

You take the key and touch it to the lightning bolt statue. Sparks fly out from it, and it morphs into a new, more robust shape.

When we get the chance, we should look into the blackness again, if it changes any or doesn't it will help us figure out what the heck it is.

You stare into the abyss once more. Almost every time you blink, one of the colorful lights flickers out, erased from history forever. You stand like this for some minutes before snapping back to reality.

Hmmm. After we perspective-switched from Cherish it was specifically mentioned we couldn't leave the Underside back to D:2 because it wasn't one of the "known locations for your current party". But now that we've got Cherish back, she should be able to teleport us there! We should poke the savepoint more, see if there's more checkpoint options if we scroll down or something, or have Cherish poke it, see if it gives her more options. Previous checkpoints had a bunch of open slots, maybe we can only see our top three in the savepoint to conserve space.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: June 12, 2013, 11:53:13 pm »

Can we bloodshape a replica floor key?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: June 12, 2013, 11:54:33 pm »

Our first priority is to let out a good long KHAAAAAAAAN-style yell.

CCCCHHHHHEEEEEERRRRIIIISSSSHHHHHHHHH
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: June 13, 2013, 12:18:45 am »

Cherish said she knew where Riltia and Al were, so...

Follow Cherish to Riltia and Al.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: June 13, 2013, 12:22:00 am »

Umm... Why did Cherish type "exit", and what did it do?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: June 13, 2013, 12:24:54 am »

Hmm.... Colorful lights, disappearing from existence, with a uncomprehendable power lying beneath it.
I smell Oversoul/Soul Star shenanigans. My guess is The lights themselves are the Souls of random people who are getting their souls deactivated and being turned into (w)Illborn. Now if only I had the proper evidence to prove it.
Will put up my text/picture Oversoul theory thing tomorrow. Because tonight, I MUST REST!

Umm... Why did Cherish type "exit", and what did it do?
Put the console into standby mode.
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 1544