Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3696211 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #5955 on: June 13, 2013, 12:37:03 pm »

Hey, even Riltia used to like Slog before we obsessed over him!

A brief light shone in front of him. It was beautiful, simplistic. It was Slog. It was everything Slog was! Every emotion he'd ever felt, every blorb he'd ever orbled, every adolescent Red Slime to ever turn him down. Slog smiled for a second, and it was gone.

Confirmed, lady-slimes are Red.

It occurs to me that perhaps we should wonder why Oric knows everything we say and do. Seriously, everything. He knew about the Ratings Star conversation we'd had just off-screen, and we intercepted that code in the Greens that knew more about Ciro remembering his past lives than Ciro did herself.

Advanced Navigation complete through the Polaris boss fight and Oric's speech. Chapter 2.4 is hella long!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: June 13, 2013, 12:43:06 pm »

Hey, even Riltia used to like Slog before we obsessed over him!
And Riltia is such a beacon of intelligence...

A brief light shone in front of him. It was beautiful, simplistic. It was Slog. It was everything Slog was! Every emotion he'd ever felt, every blorb he'd ever orbled, every adolescent Red Slime to ever turn him down. Slog smiled for a second, and it was gone.
Confirmed, lady-slimes are Red.
Red slimes could turn down a lot of things.

It occurs to me that perhaps we should wonder why Oric knows everything we say and do. Seriously, everything. He knew about the Ratings Star conversation we'd had just off-screen, and we intercepted that code in the Greens that knew more about Ciro remembering his past lives than Ciro did herself.
He's been around the block a few times. And by block I mean "cycle".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: June 13, 2013, 01:15:18 pm »

Ah, but that's assuming we have the exact same conversation every time. I assume there's enough variance that our conversations change cycle to cycle, and we don't talk about Ratings Stars after every single Polaris battle (if we even fight him most times.) Plus with the Astral Influx thing, sure, he knew WHY we were being all schizophrenic, but he needed to see us BEING schizophrenic in order to comment on it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: June 13, 2013, 01:31:57 pm »

That leads to the question. Who are we? Ciro hears us as voices in his head. Oric can hear us too. Ciro can summon us during soul battles.

What if we're the true prisoners of the Warrens, with the cycles only serving to detract us from our fate?

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: June 13, 2013, 01:45:49 pm »

LOST FOREVER
When did we save last?  I don't suppose we can go back to before we zapped the key and open the chest first.  Pretty sure reloading doesn't work that way, regardless.

If bloodshaping a key (the rogue way) doesn't work and we can't reload the save to undo zapping the key (the wizard way), then there's always the fighter way:

Apply violence to the chest until it gives in to our demands

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: June 13, 2013, 01:53:55 pm »

LOST FOREVER
When did we save last?  I don't suppose we can go back to before we zapped the key and open the chest first.  Pretty sure reloading doesn't work that way, regardless.
Nope.

If bloodshaping a key (the rogue way) doesn't work and we can't reload the save to undo zapping the key (the wizard way), then there's always the fighter way:

Apply violence to the chest until it gives in to our demands
Not right now. Wait until we have some D.F.S. behind us. Which requires us to actually save Riltia first. We might as well save Al.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: June 13, 2013, 02:32:43 pm »

Or we could pick up the chest and bring it with us. It probably uses 4 inventory slots.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: June 13, 2013, 02:48:55 pm »

Or bloodshape a battering ram.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: June 13, 2013, 02:50:35 pm »

No, let's just rescue Al and Riltia before something happens to them. Not every game lets you waste time on sidequests...and besides:
A. We don't have four inventory slots to spare
B. How would we use a battering ram? We're no team of soldiers.
Sig

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: June 13, 2013, 02:51:05 pm »

Bloodshape the Fist of Dumb Fighter Strength, giving -5 to Thinkies and +5 to Dumb Fighter Strength?

There are some battering rams that are handheld/personal, though those are more used in modern times than old times.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:53:40 pm by RedWarrior0 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: June 13, 2013, 02:53:45 pm »

No, let's just rescue Al and Riltia before something happens to them. Not every game lets you waste time on sidequests...and besides:
We don't need to spare the inventory slots. Just take it to storage then go rescue Riltia (and Al).
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: June 13, 2013, 02:56:20 pm »

Bloodshape the Fist of Dumb Fighter Strength, giving -5 to Thinkies and +5 to Dumb Fighter Strength?
Doubtfully possible.

There are some battering rams that are handheld/personal, though those are more used in modern times than old times.
Hm. Possible, but two issues:
1. Would it be enough, especially considering...
2. We're not a highly trained military/law-enforcement person. We're a squishy mage, and probably lack significant upper body strength.

We don't need to spare the inventory slots. Just take it to storage then go rescue Riltia (and Al).
Then why pick it up? The chest ain't going anywhere.
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: June 13, 2013, 03:00:49 pm »

Then why pick it up? The chest ain't going anywhere.
This. If the chest stays there, then it doesn't matter what do we do.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: June 13, 2013, 03:09:01 pm »

The rooms do change, however. It's not unlikely that the death/betrayal of the dungeon level boss is an event significant enough to trigger a level change, or even a level wipe. In fact, when the boss is eliminated, the level is complete, which means it might either turn static, or disappear.

Oh, and just seems people have missed it. Who are we? We're an entity in the warrens(spirit fight), our discussions can be heard by both Oric and Ciro, yet we can't interfere. Maybe we're the true prisoners of the warrens, locked up in the minds of the target.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: June 13, 2013, 03:14:36 pm »

Then who is FFS?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 1544