Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3696253 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #5970 on: June 13, 2013, 03:19:06 pm »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: June 13, 2013, 03:24:33 pm »

Or the prison

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: June 13, 2013, 03:25:34 pm »

Oh, and just seems people have missed it. Who are we? We're an entity in the warrens(spirit fight), our discussions can be heard by both Oric and Ciro, yet we can't interfere. Maybe we're the true prisoners of the warrens, locked up in the minds of the target.

I find the idea that the Siblings are entertainment for the prisoners rather funny.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: June 13, 2013, 03:27:52 pm »

Oh, and just seems people have missed it. Who are we? We're an entity in the warrens(spirit fight), our discussions can be heard by both Oric and Ciro, yet we can't interfere. Maybe we're the true prisoners of the warrens, locked up in the minds of the target.
That theory can be filed alongside "The world was made 5 minutes ago like it had a previous history" for the present.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: June 13, 2013, 03:34:35 pm »

What? It got some support.

Oric literally remarked on our OOC discussion after the Polaris fight, we appear in the Soul battles, and Ciro often ends up discussing things with us (Mostly calling us crazy or stuff).
It's certain that we're an existing entity, somewhere in the warren's universe.

It occurs to me that perhaps we should wonder why Oric knows everything we say and do. Seriously, everything. He knew about the Ratings Star conversation we'd had just off-screen, and we intercepted that code in the Greens that knew more about Ciro remembering his past lives than Ciro did herself.

Note: It also explains why our theorycrafting gives boni. As we understand more, so does our "avatar/puppet" Ciro.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: June 13, 2013, 03:35:40 pm »

Spoiler: mandatory (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: June 13, 2013, 03:49:44 pm »

What? It got some support.
Oric literally remarked on our OOC discussion after the Polaris fight, we appear in the Soul battles, and Ciro often ends up discussing things with us (Mostly calling us crazy or stuff).
It's certain that we're an existing entity, somewhere in the warren's universe.

It occurs to me that perhaps we should wonder why Oric knows everything we say and do. Seriously, everything. He knew about the Ratings Star conversation we'd had just off-screen, and we intercepted that code in the Greens that knew more about Ciro remembering his past lives than Ciro did herself.
Note: It also explains why our theorycrafting gives boni. As we understand more, so does our "avatar/puppet" Ciro.
True. However, actual proof is beyond reach, and effects from the truth or falsity of the theory are fairly minor and likely imperceptible.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: June 13, 2013, 03:53:17 pm »

Pretty sure that it would tie in with the nature of oversoul, and the nature of the warrens, both being rather important things. But yes, can't really test it.

Me: Yell: Hello. Do you hear me? Who Am I? Where Am I?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: June 13, 2013, 03:55:31 pm »

Pretty sure that it would tie in with the nature of oversoul, and the nature of the warrens, both being rather important things. But yes, can't really test it.
Well, even if it did, how? And I don't think we know enough about the nature of either to be able to figure out anything from the knowledge that we're the prisoners.
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: June 13, 2013, 03:56:16 pm »

Spoiler: mandatory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: required pic (click to show/hide)
Why is every pic of that cut off at the bottom?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: June 13, 2013, 04:21:58 pm »

Spoiler: LOST FOREVER (click to show/hide)

Oh. Dammit. *facepalm* How'd I manage to miss that?

Then why pick it up? The chest ain't going anywhere.

Well, Ciro did mention something about wanting to sit on a throne surrounded by all the treasure. Some of said treasure is in this box. Therefore, this box should be relocated to near a throne.  :P

Seriously, though... Unless we can come up with an alternate solution to open the box, it may as well stay there.

Obtain ladder. Put ladder on chest lid. Climb down into treasure.
Spoiler:  Emulate this duck: (click to show/hide)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: June 13, 2013, 04:24:34 pm »

...Where did we leave the ladder, anyways?

Isn't it still the only way from DL 1 to DL 2?
Sig

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: June 13, 2013, 04:34:47 pm »

We got to DL2 this time through the Sub-D, where we found Riltia, via a teleport pad. We originally came to DL2 via the ladder, but it's likely that room got randomized, and the ladder may no longer be there. AFTER we fight Proxxy and get Al and Riltia back, I am all in favor of searching for the ladder.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: June 13, 2013, 04:39:03 pm »

Spoiler: OVERSOUL! (click to show/hide)
Just my thoughts on the Oversoul, and how it has an underlying plot to anything and everything we see or do.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:42:26 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: June 13, 2013, 05:13:59 pm »

We got to DL2 this time through the Sub-D, where we found Riltia, via a teleport pad. We originally came to DL2 via the ladder, but it's likely that room got randomized, and the ladder may no longer be there. AFTER we fight Proxxy and get Al and Riltia back, I am all in favor of searching for the ladder.
Agreed.
Especially since Riltia's dumb fighter strength has the best chance of getting us back down.

The new theory sounds interesting...I hope freeform confirms it.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 1544