Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3742374 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #6090 on: June 16, 2013, 11:19:07 pm »

Alright, monk12, now go answer all of the theorycrafting questions :P
And don't forget the proper requisites of mentioning the OS, Soul Charge, or Souls!
They are necessary to every crackpot theory!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: June 16, 2013, 11:22:02 pm »

I thought mentioning the merchant was evil and Oric in disguise and the final boss was the necessary ingredient.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: June 17, 2013, 01:58:09 pm »

I thought mentioning the merchant was evil and Oric in disguise and the final boss was the necessary ingredient.
The merchants are always the end boss in disguise.  Why else would they be the most powerful fighters in existence?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: June 17, 2013, 01:59:33 pm »

The merchants are always the end boss in disguise.  Why else would they be the most powerful fighters in existence?
I know a shop keeper who isn't like that... But if you kill him you can't buy anything for the rest of the game.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: June 17, 2013, 02:38:34 pm »

I know a shop keeper who isn't like that... But if you kill him you can't buy anything for the rest of the game.
Dark Souls, right?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: June 17, 2013, 06:26:08 pm »

Dark Souls, right?

Well, shit. I killed him for his sword. :P

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: June 17, 2013, 06:32:09 pm »

Guess what Bros?

The Fan Game has been updated.

Due to demand to make Al better, his Druid's Bulwark no longer targets Slimes.
A new enemy has been added, the Outer Sucker. They can fire spit attacks and drop on your head! You can block the spit with a weapon swing, or certain character abilities, such as Druid's Bulwark and Locking Glass.

This make Riltia even more overpowered since the Suckers will drop right down and sit in front of the glass.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: June 17, 2013, 07:16:47 pm »

I once used locking glass while a spider was already right next to me.

Cue helplessness.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: June 17, 2013, 07:40:32 pm »

I once used locking glass while a spider was already right next to me.

Cue helplessness.
Yeah, I should probably fix that bug.
*Bu dump, Kssshhh!*
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: June 17, 2013, 09:24:13 pm »

The Outer Suckers are really, really deadly. It is difficult to avoid taking damage from them, Because the ceiling is so low and there is almost no time or room to dodge. This particular enemy would probably work better in a larger, more open environment. (Yes I am waiting for acid pits to jump over and some actual jumpy platforming)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: June 17, 2013, 09:35:52 pm »

Did you catch it?
#3: Things undone, places ungone

Welcome to the third episode of "Did You Catch It?" As I'm focusing on only one forum game for now, and it's not TWoOtA, it's only customary to provide readers with something. This episode's theme - if you couldn't guess from the title - is "things the players skipped over, couldn't do at the time or decided not to bother with."

What happened to the place where we rescued Riltia?

At some point during Ciro's journey, Dungeon Level 2 remodeled itself. Part of this was due to the art style change and part was due to the random nature of the dungeons (hey, I have to stay true to the genre). However, one particularly notable change was here:

Right after the second Arena Battle, Ciro noticed something was different. Specifically, the north door in the market disappeared. Why did this happen? Well, examine the map very carefully. Other than that one room, we've never seen exits to or from valid rooms in the dungeon outside the boundaries of the mini-map. This hints at the nature of dungeon generation. It also very slightly hints at what exactly that place beyond the teleport pad WAS.

Of course, that means Ciro and Riltia lost that chest forever. Or did they? Hm...

What are the places in the Underside we haven't visited yet?

Here's some interesting facts about the Underside map the readers may not have considered.

1. Circuitrix refers to the off-limits area under the Underside - the Belowside - as The Deep. The map lists it as the Depths. The Deep is of huge significance to a plot thread that probably won't be discovered for at least several months. I could be lying about this.
2. Assuming the text in the map refers to locations in their horizontal and vertical placement, the light shining in the greens comes from an area above simply titled "??????????"
3. The area west of the Greens entrance is not mapped out yet. You'll need a way to either fix the bridge or cast Windirection successfully without rolling a one and flying into acid.
4. The area on top of the rest goes Council-Village-Market. I retconned this mapping as Council-Market-Village because going through a residential area to get to what really matters is boring. Regardless, the final Village area - east of the market - is still unvisited.
5. The area where the Searchbots originally came in through. The tunnel up top, I mean. It wasn't explorable before Windirection.

Was Yaos savable?

Yes.

Hope everyone enjoyed the third episode of "Did You Catch It?" As always, the show will be back next haitus!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:46:12 am by freeformschooler »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: June 17, 2013, 09:49:11 pm »

New theory: ?????????? is a window leading out of the Warrens. Presumably to deep space.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: June 17, 2013, 09:54:08 pm »

Was Yaos savable?

Yes.

Reason Twoota Needs an Authentic Videogame Adaptation #16: 100% completion is now impossible in the forum incarnation.

I had noticed the ?? and Deeps as places we should go, but I totally missed that extra village space.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: June 17, 2013, 10:00:02 pm »

Was Yaos savable?

Yes.

We should have taken that Soul Star off them.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: June 17, 2013, 10:01:41 pm »

Yeah, we had the idea to but we never did. Can't remember why we didn't... Slog dying? Ciro's changes? One or the other I think. Although, we don't know if soul stars still affect those they're attuned to if they're outside of their grubby mitts, it would of been a wonderful test of that. Ah well.
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 1544