Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3741487 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thought about doing some theorycrafting earlier, to improve thoughts on Oversoul.
Look at dis:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sub-DL's (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unfounded theory (click to show/hide)
'nuff thinking for today

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Almosteveryone since I don't feel like going back and quoting all the things
I'm not entirely sure how many times I have to say this. Two thirds of our party are gon' be ded if we don't go.

I'm pretty sure the "run the fuck away" votes have already won a majority. At this point we're debating future strategy.

Everyone accelerates to the away. You lead the group toward the Market where Cherish fully heals everyone and probably drinks too much water. That was a close one.

Now, you were going to work on some experiments, right? Most notably that one with ice water. How will you go about these experiments, and what will you work on first?

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Go grab the skill tree and hand it to cherish. Chip a bit of ice off the end of her spear and combine it with a bottle of water. Actually scratch the bottle just pour water directly into the skill tree. Go check out how much mulah we got in the bank while we wait for results.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

After we do these experiments, we should probably leave the skill tree in storage. There's no reason to take it with us. Also, we probaby don't need Cherish's staff now she has the icy spear.
Honesty people, why are we carrying around so much junk in a boss battle?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

If we haven't already, Save now.

->Ice Spear experiment:
    --> Attack the pool with the ice spear, see if it  has a chilling effect.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, now that I think about it doesn't fountain water have a positive effect? We probably shouldn't use that.

Go grab some acid from where riltia died!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Wait, now that I think about it doesn't fountain water have a positive effect? We probably shouldn't use that.

Points at mysterious green liquid in bottle

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I forget things.

Plan: Chip of ice off the spear + Acid bottle = Profit

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Go grab the skill tree and hand it to cherish. Chip a bit of ice off the end of her spear and combine it with a bottle of water. Actually scratch the bottle just pour water directly into the skill tree. Go check out how much mulah we got in the bank while we wait for results.
+1 if possible. If not:
I forget things.

Plan: Chip of ice off the spear + Acid bottle = Profit
+1 for the plan, then go check Storage and such.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I vote we check the menu of the hypothetical ice shard first. Polarity is important

I got nothing against experimenting what bad thing means, but we might want to wait with blowing up our skill tree.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

did you miss the bit where ffs said combining a positive regent and a negative might be just like anti-matter and matter? and where I realised fountain water restores things?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Oh, so we ran away. So anti-climactic. I HOPE FFS doesn't punish us by locking us out of the boss room, buffing the wisp, having the door slam Cherish on the way back in, an antimagic field rendering the heals ineffective and so on. It would be so very inconvenient if any of those happened to be true.

Doesn't #44 refer to the room where we first met Betweenford?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I vote we check the menu of the hypothetical ice shard first. Polarity is important
While we don't necessarily agree on why it's important, I do agree that we should check the menu before putting it in the Skill Tree.

did you miss the bit where ffs said combining a positive regent and a negative might be just like anti-matter and matter?
I don't remember him saying that.

and where I realised fountain water restores things?
Doesn't necessarily mean it's "Positive".

Stupid ninjas.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

did you miss the bit where ffs said combining a positive regent and a negative might be just like anti-matter and matter? and where I realised fountain water restores things?

The fountain water can't be used as a reagent. If you don't know why, you missed the whole discussion from the last several pages.

Erm.

Uh.

(Roll: 7) You actually chip off the whole magically enchanted pointy end of the spear. Now it's just a lame iced-over stick. There goes your only super-effective weapon.

The Skill Tree menu accepts your reagents and starts working its magic. It'll take one-hundred-fifty Time Units to complete, apparently.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Get it out, and back on the spear. Before stuff explodes

Really: The GM has stated often that combining negative and positive things is a (very) bad thing. Acid is negative.

We don't want to loose our spear to.
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 1544