Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3741328 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Maybe try listening for patterns
« Reply #7785 on: August 08, 2013, 07:58:52 am »

Due to playing a bit with Audacity, and reducing the background noise of the sound file, I find it funny the last words are 'run the other way'.(and what sounds like 'slip away' right before that)
So I have: 'Must Escape' and 'Run the Other Way'

Edit:Heard a Voice say 'you are stupid'; I feel personally insulted now!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:06:20 am by javierpwn »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: August 08, 2013, 08:08:22 am »

Edit:Heard a Voice say 'you are stupid'; I feel personally insulted now!

that's it, nobody mess with the message anymore

it's just a tirade of insults directed in our general direction

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Hidden audio messages STILL hidden!
« Reply #7788 on: August 08, 2013, 08:26:45 am »

Look at the top-right. LOOK AT IT. Cherish is an illborn, she has no soul charge!
Goom-Bess is wincing from the inanity of that statement. She'd facepalm, but she's a little short ion palms at the moment.

Either way, it's interesting that Cherish (and Al) don't show up in our little Soul Charge-o-Meter up there, despite the fact we know neither one is an Illborn (and Cherish is presumably marinating in all the Soul Charge she got for witnessing multiple fatalities/various traumatic experiences.) I'd say it's a Sibling Only club, except Yaos made the list. ITS_A_MYSTERY.gif
My guess is that there's something that marks a being as a Sibling, so they can recognize each other across Cycles, and Yaos either was similar to one beforehand or faked being a Sibling to get in.
Either way, the dungeon wouldn't quite accept him as a Sibling, so problems happened.

Then I propose we use a free turn to find out Cherish's current soul charge. Damn thing should be FULL after what the kid went through.
How would you like to go about doing this?
Ask?

You gain your first Class Stat: BLOOD!
Saw that coming.

You now have a +0 to all Blood-themed skills and related activities.
...Expected a little more here.

This is a brilliant time to test something.
Have Cherish run back to restore at save point before returning, whilst Ciro &  Goombess stay and bottle ectoplasm or whatever.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: August 08, 2013, 08:49:16 am »

When she goes to the Restore Point, SAVE first. Ciro might lose that stat slot if she just goes right for restore.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: August 08, 2013, 08:59:56 am »

You guys realize that we're boned if Ciro changes class?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Did you forget that coin machine that's ripe for smashing?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

You guys realize that we're boned if Ciro changes class?
Unless the Class Stat changes with the Class.

Or we change it to Blood Knight or something.

Or we get enough points in Shenanigans to argue that "Blood" should also apply to blood-letting  (ie, combat), in which case we may have gotten an awesome Stat.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Title Change! I am trying FFS, but there is too much white noise near the end to do anything about it!(except the 'Slip away! You must run the other way!' Part, that one can be heard clearly)
Besides! It totally says you are stupid! Just slightly garbled due to accidental double encoding!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Title Change! I am trying FFS, but there is too much white noise near the end to do anything about it!(except the 'Slip away! You must run the other way!' Part, that one can be heard clearly)
Besides! It totally says you are stupid! Just slightly garbled due to accidental double encoding!

staaaaaahp

if you decode it it will just insult you more

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

THEORYCRAFTING:It is Ciro's theme, due to the sheer amount of voices and craziness happening.
The voice telling us to escape is the OS. And the other Voices are B12 people, giving Ciro suggestions!(the one calling someone else stupid has obviously has his suggestion made fun of)
The background noise is the sheer amount of suggestions that pass through Ciro's head, but are ignored because FFS wrote an update before seeing them.
Javier is Winrar!?!?!?!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG MUST UPDATE FASTER

This is a brilliant time to test something.
Have Cherish run back to restore at save point before returning, whilst Ciro &  Goombess stay and bottle ectoplasm or whatever.
+1, I hadn't thought of this.

My guess? We'll either not be counted as party members because we aren't with her, or we'll be teleported back Never mind, we tried that earlier.
Fully heal, then save, then bottle some electroplasm, then check its menu. We're CIRO, people, loot and living first.

You work with the electroplasm while Cherish runs off to restore. Interestingly enough, the bottled electroplasm doesn't seem to have the same effects as a Wisp-in-a-bottle.

Goom-bess brings up a pretty good point. Just the Spellbook alone would net you fifty Pence. There's no sense complaining about not having funds when you've had the option this whole time.

You could probably even sell the Electroplasm.

Cherish returns from the Save Point. Everyone's been restored to full.

Should have known it wouldn't be that easy.

To the North passage!

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Search for a secret entrance

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Stab door with spear shaft.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Go back and smash the Coin Machine!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 1544