Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3724904 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: CH3 coming sometime maybe!
« Reply #8010 on: August 11, 2013, 05:40:05 pm »

It turns out the oric we saw was only a puppet. The real Oric is a combination of mommy and daddy wisp.

actually by saying he can't confirm that, ffs confirmed one of my theories, but your theory is acceptable as a plot twist and will be utilized

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8011 on: August 11, 2013, 05:53:55 pm »

I figured they were farmed.

The big wisp can summon them, and they don't have a time limit, so there would just be a giant "wisp farm"

They likely use similar farms for all nameless mooks.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8012 on: August 11, 2013, 07:52:46 pm »

Random theories ramblings I put no thought into beyond jotting down a train of thought:

Oric is using Ciro to destroy the prison, so that it may be destroyed and recreated. It's essentially a 'kill the world and remake it from the start, making a true utopia' kinda thing. But, each level of the dungeon has a very specific 'anchor' that must be severed in order for this to come to be. The siblings of the level.

If they are killed, the floor has lost its 'anchor' thus the prison loses a bit of its foundation. The more and more killed, the weaker the foundation, and at the end it's to destroy the prison. Oric stated grumpily that know he'll have to spend his time glaring and being evil to Ciro now that his identity was discovered. I'm thinking that Oric is a 'end justifies the means' kind of guy.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Proxxy Peace
« Reply #8013 on: August 11, 2013, 08:07:41 pm »

here is a canon question for the ages

how are wisps made? and don't tell me that crap about daddy wisp and mommy wisp the wisp does not acknowledge these concepts

BRLBRBLBLRLB --wisp
Believe it or not that is actually something I cannot yet reveal.
This is pretty intriguing.

I'm reminded of Ciro's rant about the Warrens being "sterile," and wonder if/how that's relevant for minion acquisition/replacement.

I figured they were farmed.

The big wisp can summon them, and they don't have a time limit, so there would just be a giant "wisp farm"

They likely use similar farms for all nameless mooks.
Except Goom-bess pointed out they cost MMP.

There could potentially be something similar regardless, but it can't literally just be another Wisp Boss summoning wisps and drinking water.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #8014 on: August 11, 2013, 08:25:58 pm »

I didn't expect everyone to really like any of the mercenaries, but Slog was great, and there will probably be another really likeable one at some point.

Implying Goombess isn't really likeable. I think I know the subject of my next Twoota desktop (y'know, assuming I had any decent pictures of her to work with.)

Also YAAAAY UNEASY TRUCE WITH D:2 BOSS! GO US! Hopefully this doesn't negatively affect our relationship with Riltia and Al too badly.

Also also, now that we've got Proxxy on board, we should ask her for more details about the Underside. Proxxy is demonstrably not a sunny, kind-hearted individual, so if whatever is going on down there is bad enough to make her feel guilty and evasive then it's probably pretty bad.

Also also also, DAMMIT PROXXY WHERE OUR SOUL STAR AT?!?

Also also also also, Reunite with Cool Crab!

Enjoyed every update of Chapter 2, and I look forward to indexing Chapter 3 in the indeterminate future!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8015 on: August 11, 2013, 09:12:52 pm »

Is there even any upper limit to the Big Wisp summoning smaller wisps?
Also what Goom-bess doesn't have in likability, she compensates in competence.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8016 on: August 11, 2013, 09:18:07 pm »

Is there even any upper limit to the Big Wisp summoning smaller wisps?
Also what Goom-bess doesn't have in likability, she compensates in competence.

Goom-bess is best mercenary. All the likability there.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8017 on: August 11, 2013, 09:40:32 pm »

Oh yeah, Monk: you better go ahead and reserve another post for CH3 indexing. I already updated the navigation with the Part Name and CH2 snapshots :P

Damn this is getting complicated. I might just whip up some back/forward images/bbcode for your navigation if you want to make it easier to flip through the chapters.

WHO KNEW THIS GAME WOULD GET SO BIG!?

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8018 on: August 11, 2013, 10:00:44 pm »

Freeform:

When you stated your projected idea of how the chapter would go, you mentioned that Oric's big reveal as Oric was because of a die roll. So Oric was voicing your annoyance as much as his own then. Though I'm surprised how dynamic this game is if rolls can determine things like that. Excellent work.

Also I noticed that Proxxy seemed to receive an upgrade in her appearance during this "battle". I can't put my finger on why, but she seems to have taken an additional level of cuteness. I love the Warrens art style and I like how the art style seems to subtly evolve without losing that Warrens feel.

Theory Crafting:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Advanced Navigation Part III
« Reply #8019 on: August 11, 2013, 10:03:49 pm »

Advanced Navigation
Part Three

Chapter Three: Unplanned

Prologue: Enter the Warrens and Chapter One: The Underside can be found in Advanced Navigation Part One

Chapter Two: Nepotism can be found in Advanced Navigation Part Two

The story continues with Chapter Four: Broken Throne in Advanced Navigation Part Four
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:33:23 am by monk12 »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8020 on: August 11, 2013, 10:08:26 pm »

Freeform:

When you stated your projected idea of how the chapter would go, you mentioned that Oric's big reveal as Oric was because of a die roll. So Oric was voicing your annoyance as much as his own then. Though I'm surprised how dynamic this game is if rolls can determine things like that. Excellent work.

It's not something I always do, but you may have noticed that, for example, we didn't see any rolls Yaos made when he was in the Passive Party (at least I don't think so). When a character's trying to accomplish something, they have to roll for it...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8021 on: August 11, 2013, 11:04:20 pm »

here is a canon question for the ages
how are wisps made? and don't tell me that crap about daddy wisp and mommy wisp the wisp does not acknowledge these concepts
BRLBRBLBLRLB --wisp
Believe it or not that is actually something I cannot yet reveal.
Is it something to do with where Illborn come from in general?
If I correctly guess why you can't tell us, will you inform me of such?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8022 on: August 11, 2013, 11:54:11 pm »

Wisps and all Illborn comes from random people entering the Warrens through different methods, getting a soul star, and losing their charge.
The Siblings however,have manipulated the Dungeon so much, that they have the ability to properly choose which template is used for each person when they change to Illborn.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8023 on: August 12, 2013, 03:10:54 am »

Will we get some sentient pearwood luggage?
*sapient pearwood.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8024 on: August 12, 2013, 03:15:21 am »

Though that's something of a misnomer, considering its driving forces.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 1544