Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3741672 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Coding+Art+Music+Writing+Design=WORK
« Reply #8895 on: September 23, 2013, 08:48:22 am »

Your argument doesn't make sense. This isn't...some level-scaling game, enemies don't magically become more powerful if we do.
Goom-Bess: Tattle on if monsters scale with Ciro's power.

Why would you enchant something bad to make it good, when you could enchant something good to make it better?
Because presumably there is a cap to just how much enchantment anything can have.
Slap healing on your nice weapon, it's ok.
Slap healing on your shit weapon and +1 edge of fuck-everything-up-ness on your nice weapon, it's great.
We don't have any proof that either healing enchantments or a limit to enchantments exists. Besides, the exact same argument can be made for anything.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: September 23, 2013, 09:08:56 am »

Your argument doesn't make sense. This isn't...some level-scaling game, enemies don't magically become more powerful if we do.

that's something you'd need to get from the tipkeeper and you know it

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8897 on: September 23, 2013, 09:25:42 am »

that's something you'd need to get from the tipkeeper and you know it
We don't know that until we try.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: September 23, 2013, 04:07:52 pm »

Well, I suspect one advantage of a staff over unarmed (besides range) is that a staff is an item. You can fuse it with a fusion scroll or enchant it like we did the spear.
You can say that about anything. What idiot would enchant a staff that does as much damage as a fist?

An idiot who had a choice between using a staff and using a fist. My point was that it's better than unarmed, and unless we have a better weapon that Cherish can use, it could be worth giving to her based on upgradability alone. That FFS has given us two hints that staves have 'somethin' goin' on for them' in addition to that doesn't hurt, either.

...and I am now imagining Ciro using blood control and a badly-sewn-on flaming fist to execute a Rocket Punch... Knowing Bay12, this is a possibility...
-1, it makes much more sense to try making a blood prosthetic and enchant that.
Mainly because of the insanity of the original idea.

Yes, because that was totally a suggestion I was making there, a serious attempt to get FFS to cut off Ciro's limbs so that we could set them on fire and try to reattach them, that therefore needed to be downvoted. ::)

Well, I guess you could be trying to discourage potential people who'd somehow think it's a great idea, so in that spirit, -1 to enchanting anything made of Ciro's blood. It's a waste of enchantment resources if she reabsorbs it, and a waste of Max HP/MP if she refuses to reabsorb it.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8899 on: September 23, 2013, 04:14:46 pm »

Yes, because that was totally a suggestion I was making there, a serious attempt to get FFS to cut off Ciro's limbs so that we could set them on fire and try to reattach them, that therefore needed to be downvoted. ::)
Note to self, learn internet sarcasm.

Well, I guess you could be trying to discourage potential people who'd somehow think it's a great idea, so in that spirit, -1 to enchanting anything made of Ciro's blood. It's a waste of enchantment resources if she reabsorbs it, and a waste of Max HP/MP if she refuses to reabsorb it.
I said it makes more sense, not that it makes sense. I even implied that it still didn't make sense.
Sig

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8900 on: September 23, 2013, 08:21:10 pm »

Not allowed radio or music player at work, but allowed to sing and hum, as long as we're not cashiers or currently handing food to customers. So I was singing a few bars of "Heads up, Hearts down" (an I Fight Dragons song), and the first thing that popped into my head was that it fit tWoOtA to a "t".

Not sure how it does, though.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8901 on: September 23, 2013, 10:08:37 pm »

(Speaking of keys, I cannot find why Proxxy is still carrying the D2 one. There was even an action.)
Re-store key.
Poke the obviously trapped part with the staff.
+1, from a safe distance. Hold one end, poke it with another.

Everyone regroups and forms another plan. You make sure the DL2 boss key's in your inventory and re-store it. Cherish pokes the obvious trap-wire with her wooden staff.

(Roll: 1) Cherish's Wooden Staff burns up in a burst of blue flame that covers the chest area. After a minute, the fire dies down. The chest itself is unharmed.

You yell and drop your hat at the sound of roaring flames, but Proxxy just shakes her head. You feel your Astral Influx glowing. Your Soul Charge increases slightly.

Well, considering Proxxy is almost certainly the reason Goombess needed a HP potion, probably justified.

Anywho, I think we're done here. Probably need the level key to open that chest anyway, if D:2 is any indication. WESTWARD! Well, first store the Staff since we have no idea what it's good for, and inventory slots are at a premium.

You enter a near-featureless room with the Floor Key in the center.

He who desires:
Come at me, bro.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:11:56 pm by freeformschooler »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Prepare yourself
« Reply #8902 on: September 23, 2013, 10:20:34 pm »

OBVIOUS TRAP IS OBVIOUS

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: September 23, 2013, 10:23:22 pm »

(I can't tell whether the statement refers to getting near the key [triggering a trap-door] or going through the west door [entering a kind of boss room].)
Carefully go around the key and see what's different about the west door.

Think "will these readily noticeable Soul Points regularly interrupt my few moments of caring?"
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: September 23, 2013, 10:23:44 pm »

OBVIOUS TRAP IS OBVIOUS
FALL FOR OBVIOUS TRAP

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8905 on: September 23, 2013, 10:23:53 pm »

OBVIOUS TRAP IS OBVIOUS

PRESS ONWARDS REGARDLESS
I need to put something interesting here.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: September 23, 2013, 10:24:45 pm »

Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: September 23, 2013, 10:26:24 pm »

(I can't tell whether the statement refers to getting near the key [triggering a trap-door] or going through the west door [entering a kind of boss room].)
Carefully go around the key and see what's different about the west door.

The western door appears to be locked and does not budge when you try to push it open.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8908 on: September 23, 2013, 10:27:46 pm »

Even more so than the previous obvious trap. Would have to roll a -5 to not see this one coming.

That said, I'd like to +1 Nivim's idea.

Ninja GM!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: September 23, 2013, 10:30:34 pm »

(Seems you were ninja'd, Flabort. [Edit: As was I.])

Go to the previous room.
Uproot mushroom. (Check if it's a reagent.)
Chuck mushroom at key.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 1544