Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3727094 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Why DOES Cherish have 4 SP?
« Reply #9210 on: October 04, 2013, 05:30:48 am »

We could have killed Yaos. Then store him until we have a proper solution!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9211 on: October 04, 2013, 05:46:13 am »

For the record, I am heartily opposed to any plan involving destroying the Soul Star of anyone, past present or future. I'm guesseng that that would lead to a corpse at best, and at worst (and probably likeliest) make some sort of Illborn.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9212 on: October 04, 2013, 08:55:31 am »

Yeah, corrupted Soul Stars lead to Willborn, destroying them probably leads to something far worse.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9213 on: October 04, 2013, 08:58:24 am »

we need to get ciro to seduce proxxy to the point of them being able to brofist with their soul stars.

also shipping potential

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9214 on: October 04, 2013, 09:08:51 am »

Yeah, corrupted Soul Stars lead to Willborn, destroying them probably leads to something far worse.
Possibly Illborn, but I wouldn't bet on it...Killborn, maybe? You kill their soul, make a Killborn? Or maybe that just makes an Illborn. Of course, Riltia became an Illborn and her Soul Star was undamaged by the process...I think...

we need to get ciro to seduce proxxy to the point of them being able to brofist with their soul stars.

also shipping potential
RiltiaxCiro for both shipping AND brostars!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting retarded ideals since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #9215 on: October 04, 2013, 09:13:38 am »

also shipping potential
Lets not and say we didn't.
Also, Goombess should tattle on the mage(we should have done that BEFORE attacking the mage in the first place but hindsight is 20-20 :( ) cherish should heal the party and ciro/proxxy should attack the mage.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9216 on: October 04, 2013, 09:36:58 am »

also shipping potential
Also, Goombess should tattle on the mage(we should have done that BEFORE attacking the mage in the first place but hindsight is 20-20 :( )
+1, but I'm pretty sure we already tried both.
Sig

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9217 on: October 04, 2013, 09:44:05 am »

... freeform, can you rephrase the poll, please?
i do not understand the context of "too much" and "meta".
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9218 on: October 04, 2013, 09:57:36 am »

It's a gibberish poll, as far as I can see. There's nothing to understand.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #9219 on: October 04, 2013, 10:18:28 am »

also shipping potential
Also, Goombess should tattle on the mage(we should have done that BEFORE attacking the mage in the first place but hindsight is 20-20 :( )
+1, but I'm pretty sure we already tried both.

1) Goombess is set to autotattle; she would have ID'd it straightaway if she could

2) That mage attacked US! Without the antimagic field we'd have been dead 2 turns after it appeared.

Know what would be an interesting theorycraft? How we could've saved Yaos.

It's one that's bugged me ever since we knew he was dying, but my poor little brain still can't figure it out.

That and the bleeding thing, as my gut says they are connected.
how about "taking away the item that was eating his/her soul"

We tried that, Yaos said no. We would have had to take it by force, and even then, Soul Stars remain active even if somebody else is holding it. Which leads to the "destroy the soul" plan which sounds... super iffy.

We could have killed Yaos. Then store him until we have a proper solution!

This is the one I wish we had thought of, and we have to remember it for the future.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: All shipping is canon
« Reply #9220 on: October 04, 2013, 10:28:57 am »

Know what would be an interesting theorycraft? How we could've saved Yaos.

It's one that's bugged me ever since we knew he was dying, but my poor little brain still can't figure it out.

That and the bleeding thing, as my gut says they are connected.
how about "taking away the item that was eating his/her soul"
But it might have started eating our soul instead. Thus safer variation would be: "taking away the item that was eating his/her soul, grinding it up and forcibly injecting it into someone whose soul we don't care about".
>Grind up his Soul Star to save her
What could go wrong!
Actually, we could've given him soul charge. Remember Oversoul? Assuming we can do that without Oversoul, we could've saved him easily. If Oversoul is necessary, we would've had to trigger Oversoul, but it would still have been doable.
Possibility 1) Destroying the Soul Star does more damage than "just give them more Soul Charge" can fix.
Implication 1) Either Oversoul is needed to fix it, in which case it wouldn't have made a difference unless we could Oversoul on demand, and if we could do that this game would be hilariously easier, or else Oversoul can't fix it, in which case we would have been screwed anyway.
Possibility 2) Destroying the Soul Star does not do more damage than "just give them more Soul Charge" can fix.
Implication 2) If we had done so, we might have been able to fix it then, but we may be able to fix them next time we Oversoul anyway.
Possibility 3) Destroying the Soul Star could have killed, maimed, or otherwise done terrible things to us and/or those around us.
Implication 3) Fuck that noise.
I was talking about giving Yaos Soul Charge without destroying his Soul Star.

Edit: Maybe we needed to give Yaos those blue gems the robot stole.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 10:48:25 am by Elephant Parade »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9221 on: October 04, 2013, 11:04:56 am »

It's a gibberish poll, as far as I can see. There's nothing to understand.

It's a joke about how there's about as much (if not more) out-of-game content as there is actual updates. Update POSSIBLY not today.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9222 on: October 04, 2013, 01:50:58 pm »

Ciro:Shoot him in medium range
Everyone else:Zerg Chink

+1

pleasenobodydiepleasenobodydiepleasenobodydie

(Attack: 5+4 Position) (Attack: 11+4 Position) (Attack: 18+4 Position) (Attack: 17-2 Position)

You unleash a full assault of your strongest non-magical attacks on the spirit magelord.

Chink, the Magelord, breaks free of the Soul Trap and fades back into the void. The DL3 Key Converter appears on the platform.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9223 on: October 04, 2013, 01:54:21 pm »

Whatever we do. Don't convert the Key.

Instead, grab the key, go back to the trapped chest room, have goombess drop all her items, put the helmet on her feet, and unlock the chest. I'm hoping the flames are exhausted, but otherwise the helmet should protect her.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9224 on: October 04, 2013, 02:08:28 pm »

Whatever we do. Don't convert the Key.

Instead, grab the key, go back to the trapped chest room, have goombess drop all her items, put the helmet on her feet, and unlock the chest. I'm hoping the flames are exhausted, but otherwise the helmet should protect her.
+1

Also, holy carp we won!
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 1544