Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695873 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Dark Cathedral
« Reply #9450 on: October 07, 2013, 12:53:35 pm »

Can we have the full explanations for all the quests? I wonder what self-discovery is for.

Arc Quest: Save Al and Riltia: Reunite with your old friends!
Context Quest: Self-discovery: Figure out who you really are and what your connection to this place is.
Context Quest: Build Proxxy's Trust: Proxxy says she'll help you if you can prove you're not going to betray her trust.
Sidequest: Remove D:4 Banners: Oric will pay you 200 Pence to remove some gaudy banners from Dungeon Level 4.
Arc Quest: Essence and Binding: Polydectes wants you to bring him the Binding and Essence of an Illborn's old Soul Star.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9452 on: October 07, 2013, 12:55:30 pm »

Anyway, assuming we're done here we should head back to 5,2 and grab that Bag o' Slot (give it to Cherish and have her store the Pence in it to make room,) then use that SP fountain to restore everyone to full everything.
Wonder what happens when the last quest slot fills up.

Double-check: "You say you have one of these on every level, somewhere?"
+1

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9453 on: October 07, 2013, 01:02:17 pm »

Anyway, assuming we're done here we should head back to 5,2 and grab that Bag o' Slot (give it to Cherish and have her store the Pence in it to make room,) then use that SP fountain to restore everyone to full everything.
No, we heal first, in case it's ANOTHER TRAP.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9454 on: October 07, 2013, 01:04:58 pm »

No, we heal first, in case it's ANOTHER TRAP.
+1 to fully healing first.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9455 on: October 07, 2013, 01:10:03 pm »

Polydectes hands you a piece of paper.
So, uh... Was the fact that his example Illborn looks like Slog a coincidence?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9456 on: October 07, 2013, 01:12:27 pm »

Probably not.

Either it's the first/simplest doodle that came to freeform's mind, or Slog is one of the few Awesome-essence'd Illborn in existence.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9457 on: October 07, 2013, 01:13:52 pm »

That or Polydectes is far creepier than he first appears.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9458 on: October 07, 2013, 01:15:44 pm »

Probably not.

Either it's the first/simplest doodle that came to freeform's mind, or Slog is one of the few Awesome-essence'd Illborn in existence.
What does having an awesome (that's just a way to call "holly") essence have to do with it being wanted? Polydectes never asked for an awesome essence

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9459 on: October 07, 2013, 01:16:05 pm »

We just mentioned slog's existence to him.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9460 on: October 07, 2013, 01:29:14 pm »

What does having an awesome (that's just a way to call "holly") essence have to do with it being wanted? Polydectes never asked for an awesome essence
And yet...well...it's awesome. And probably rare. I wouldn't be surprised if Poly wanted to see what happens.

Hey, the sky is blue.
I just mentioned that to you, which is proof that you didn't know that beforehand!
Seriously, though, if awesome essences are that...awesome, Polydectes might well keep track of Slog and other Awesome-Essence'd Illborn (or at least know of them).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9461 on: October 07, 2013, 01:33:50 pm »

Not with any significant degree of specificness, and certainly not specifically enough for him to then draw a picture of him and his essence.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9462 on: October 07, 2013, 01:49:44 pm »

Not with any significant degree of specificness, and certainly not specifically enough for him to then draw a picture of him and his essence.
All slimes look the same-ish.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9463 on: October 07, 2013, 01:53:33 pm »

Without seeing if his pupils are looking in the same direction, it's hard to tell if it's a slime or a Slog.

Also, we don't know if the First Slot is the essence slot or the Illborn slot- he might get bonuses to being upgraded, not being used as an upgrade.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9464 on: October 07, 2013, 03:03:19 pm »

Without seeing if his pupils are looking in the same direction, it's hard to tell if it's a slime or a Slog.

Also, we don't know if the First Slot is the essence slot or the Illborn slot- he might get bonuses to being upgraded, not being used as an upgrade.

It's not Slog or a regular slime. It's clearly Polydectes' head seen from above! :P

Anyways, yes, we should get that Awesome Essence from where it was left floating in a tank. While we're up there, we might also want to see about purchasing some essences from the market area.

Of course, that all predicates on us being able to get back to DL2, which probably means we need to hunt down a Save/Warp point.

If the Illborn Exchange is in Storage, might I suggest we take a look at it? It may very well be that CoolCrab is still registered in it, and that means we may be able to summon him, or as the name 'Illborn Exchange' suggests, use it to freely switch him and Goombess.

Bonus:

I did this a while back when I suggested combining Slog with a Searchbot:

"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 1544