Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3738148 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Ci-ro'shizzle
« Reply #9780 on: October 18, 2013, 09:35:21 am »

Speaking of rolls, #5 tip came up, and reminded us that ally-targeting doesn't require rolling (which is why the field isn't slapping us.)
Hmmm, speaking of shenanigans, can we unilaterally declare anything an ally and cast magic at it? 

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 2sick2update
« Reply #9781 on: October 18, 2013, 10:05:27 am »

Spoiler: Explanation of #5 (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: October 18, 2013, 10:08:44 am »

Speaking of rolls, #5 tip came up, and reminded us that ally-targeting doesn't require rolling (which is why the field isn't slapping us.)
Hmmm, speaking of shenanigans, can we unilaterally declare anything an ally and cast magic at it? 
Sounds like a plan!

Spoiler: Explanation of #5 (click to show/hide)
Sounds like a shootdown!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: October 18, 2013, 11:46:44 am »

At least the explanation makes sense, as blood doesn't take kindly to becoming a solid shape.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: October 18, 2013, 04:52:38 pm »

I think I figured out what Proxxy's soul star really is.

The Platinum Yendorian Express Card

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: October 18, 2013, 06:43:29 pm »

What if the dungeon isn't a prison for Oric and Siblings. What if the dungeon was put there to contain something worse? What if the dungeon isn't a just a prison. Perhaps it is a vault too.  The dungeon is self extending... its growing... bigger and bigger. The Warrens is growing. It is extending past its own boundaries.

When the world becomes the prison, there is no escape and there is no outside. 0_0
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 06:45:59 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: October 18, 2013, 06:54:39 pm »

Wasn't  that one of my Older theories? That the Angels/Seraphs built the Warrens to contain the strength of the OverSoul in an inescapable prison.

Spoiler: OVERSOUL! (click to show/hide)
Just my thoughts on the Oversoul, and how it has an underlying plot to anything and everything we see or do.
found it! ..... I really gotta remake this old theory, now that I reread it, it seems largely just unconnected and mismatched thoughts just strung together with images.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 07:23:21 pm by javierpwn »

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: October 18, 2013, 08:42:21 pm »

Huh. Just now noticed that the image we get when we look into the void and the background image we get when we scan someone is the same, just with a color filter. Thanks for bringing that old post back up, javierpwn.

Thinking about it, those circles of light could be color filters of their own - that is, what we see as circles of light when we look into the void are in actuality other individuals accessing the database! The different colors could represent different clearance levels or different types of search. Maybe someone else looking into the void when we use the Lens sees us as a green light, (matching the filter when we use the lens) for instance.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: October 18, 2013, 08:55:59 pm »

The Security Enforcer has exactly the same pattern placed upon it's top.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:00:08 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: October 18, 2013, 10:16:55 pm »

I think I figured out what Proxxy's soul star really is.

The Platinum Yendorian Express Card
I agree with this theory on a moral basis.
Terrible way to pick theories, but I like it nonetheless.

The Security Enforcer has exactly the same pattern placed upon it's top.
It's a stock pattern. That doesn't mean it has meaning.
(Doesn't mean it doesn't, but don't jump to conclusions.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: October 18, 2013, 10:32:55 pm »

Considering the fact that it may just be an extension of the Void, and when measures that could have held it back ˇˇFAILED!!
Pretty important to me.

Everything is OverSoul shenanigans.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: October 19, 2013, 03:46:04 am »

When targeting an ally, there is no resistance. There is no reason for them to dodge or resist. Even though the anti-magick field makes it harder to cast spells, allies will (almost) always give you as much time and ease as you need to affect them, so the field doesn't change the AC of "nothing.
That makes no sense. Firstly, we dont have 'as much time and ease as we need to affect them', considering we're, you know, kinda in battle. Secondly, what about non-targeted AoEs like Magelord's cone-shaped attack? It's quite obvious it was cast before any of the resistances were calculated. If anything, we should be checking the AC of the AM field itself, and thus have to roll even to cast on unresisting allies.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: October 19, 2013, 07:31:08 am »

When targeting an ally, there is no resistance. There is no reason for them to dodge or resist. Even though the anti-magick field makes it harder to cast spells, allies will (almost) always give you as much time and ease as you need to affect them, so the field doesn't change the AC of "nothing.
That makes no sense. Firstly, we dont have 'as much time and ease as we need to affect them', considering we're, you know, kinda in battle. Secondly, what about non-targeted AoEs like Magelord's cone-shaped attack? It's quite obvious it was cast before any of the resistances were calculated. If anything, we should be checking the AC of the AM field itself, and thus have to roll even to cast on unresisting allies.

Resistances? What are you talking about? No one resisted that attack stat wise.

Are you just bored and looking to argue about game mechanics? Still cant update so I would be happy to.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 07:32:55 am by freeformschooler »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: October 19, 2013, 07:37:04 am »

Resistances? What are you talking about? No one resisted that attack stat wise.

Are you just bored and looking to argue about game mechanics? Still cant update so I would be happy to.

good sir i have a profound interest in finding out whenever you have included a fairy type within this dungeon

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: October 19, 2013, 07:41:34 am »

Oh, yeh, I think I see what Dar means

(Wintry Wall: 16-10+5 MAGI+2 MAGI, 3, 1, 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 4)

Chalk it up to a mistake in my part. AoE attacks are supposed to, and almost always do, look like this:

(Shocking Spheres: 18-3, 5-3, 18-3, 2-5, 3) (Attack: 4) BW casts Shocking Spheres as his minion heals him back up to sixteen HP. FFFFFFFFFFFFFF- Luckily Cherish's Guard once again protects her from damage. It's really handy like that!
Where everyone gets both an RTD and a damage roll if they're hit.

Warrens: where even the GM's mistakes are incredibly deadly.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 07:43:27 am by freeformschooler »
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1544