Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3741013 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Show Must Go On
« Reply #10080 on: November 20, 2013, 01:21:02 pm »

Also remember maximum direct control is possible with the use of something in the inventory...

Ok ok no more cruel hints

Hm, should we use the Astral Flux for this situation? On one hand, it would give us the best control. On the other hand, I fear what we may see Ciro do when we're not directly controlling him.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10081 on: November 20, 2013, 01:21:20 pm »

No.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10082 on: November 20, 2013, 01:23:31 pm »

Gentlemen, the only flaw in the helmet plan is how to get the dragon to attack someone, and I think that by rule of closeness that would suffice. How many times a being that could attack someone away has chosen to change targets?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10083 on: November 20, 2013, 01:26:40 pm »

Gentlemen, the only flaw in the helmet plan is how to get the dragon to attack someone, and I think that by rule of closeness that would suffice. How many times a being that could attack someone away has chosen to change targets?

We could have only one person in range.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10084 on: November 20, 2013, 01:37:43 pm »

So, we take Al with helmet into tanking position while Ciro hits the beast from a distance? That won't last many turns.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10085 on: November 20, 2013, 01:41:18 pm »

So, we take Al with helmet into tanking position while Ciro hits the beast from a distance? That won't last many turns.
No, we use Al to tank until it runs out of SP, then hit it with ranged attacks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10086 on: November 20, 2013, 01:43:53 pm »

I feel that one of the following is true:

1)  It can't fire its LAZOR every turn
2)  It doesn't do as much damage as it looks like it would do

As such, I don't see why we need to let it fire more than that first time to kill off the Hellyfish.  PLUS, that will give us an idea as to what kind of damage it does do without unduly risking a character.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10087 on: November 20, 2013, 01:44:43 pm »

That requires that the lasers use SP, that the helmet plus the Bulwark can stop Al from being hurt, and that the dragon is a blithering idiot with no other means of attack. I'm not willing to gamble on the first or the last, and even the second is a bit questionable.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10088 on: November 20, 2013, 01:49:08 pm »

That requires that the lasers use SP, that the helmet plus the Bulwark can stop Al from being hurt, and that the dragon is a blithering idiot with no other means of attack. I'm not willing to gamble on the first or the last, and even the second is a bit questionable.
The dragon seems to be unable to follow us any further, and I suspect that its other attacks are melee-range. Anyway, jumping down the Drop is even more of a gamble, in a way. Sure, it might have a checkpoint or means of ascension, but it might not.

We could also switch to Riltia and try to find our way back. She could use Guard + the helmet to protect herself.

Also, we don't need Al not to get hurt at all, we need him to not get killed. Unless it can do 20-ish damage, we should be fine.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10089 on: November 20, 2013, 01:57:37 pm »

The dragon seems to be unable to follow us any further, and I suspect that its other attacks are melee-range.
Why should it have moved? If we're in the room, the laser can hit us; if we are driven out of the room, we aren't its concern.

Anyway, jumping down the Drop is even more of a gamble, in a way. Sure, it might have a checkpoint or means of ascension, but it might not.
1. We can make our own means of ascension.
2. So what? I've heard lots of people say "We shouldn't go down there, we might not be able to get back up," yet not one person has explained what is on this level that we need to do so desperately.

We could also switch to Riltia and try to find our way back. She could use Guard + the helmet to protect herself.
Can we switch? It's been an awfully long time. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if whatever captured her disabled whatever allows us to switch, or if we can't switch to other siblings.

Also, we don't need Al not to get hurt at all, we need him to not get killed. Unless it can do 20-ish damage, we should be fine.
So...your plan is for Al to run in, tank a hit or two, and then hope it ran out of SP, which we don't know if is expended?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10090 on: November 20, 2013, 01:59:22 pm »

It looks like a special attack to me. It might not use SP, but it quite likely does.

But in the end, I think we should switch to Riltia.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10091 on: November 20, 2013, 02:02:54 pm »

Let's say that someone had the ability to fire off a bunch of little red beam-like things everywhere. Would you think that was a "special attack"?
Sig

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10092 on: November 20, 2013, 02:03:59 pm »

Bolded votes and explicit +1s/-1s so far!

Switch to Riltia: +Elephant Parade (1)
Drop: +javierpwn, +mastercheese, +shadowstrike, +GreatWyrmGold (4)

If you don't want something to happen, remember to -1 it. I ain't readin' your multiple pages of long posts just to figure out which thing you do/don't support

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10093 on: November 20, 2013, 02:05:24 pm »

It looks like a special attack to me. It might not use SP, but it quite likely does.

But in the end, I think we should switch to Riltia.

This... is an interesting idea.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10094 on: November 20, 2013, 02:05:36 pm »

Let's say that someone had the ability to fire off a bunch of little red beam-like things everywhere. Would you think that was a "special attack"?
...Maybe? It would depend on how much damage it did, how strong the character was, and how fancy the attack looked.
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 1544