Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695371 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Bearded Lady
« Reply #10860 on: January 05, 2014, 09:43:37 pm »

Nevermind, the joke is not being conveyed properly.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10861 on: January 05, 2014, 11:34:39 pm »

Some me thine wares, my good ware-farer. I hope thine wares are quite rare and their price quite fair.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10862 on: January 05, 2014, 11:48:49 pm »

I'm kinda tempted to switch Cherish to Needy. Just to see what would happen. The hell is +2 Companionship? Would it boost our Soul Charge rate?

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10863 on: January 06, 2014, 12:40:09 am »

I'm kinda tempted to switch Cherish to Needy. Just to see what would happen. The hell is +2 Companionship? Would it boost our Soul Charge rate?

Since in adventures like these companions have a tendency to get in trouble and require the hero to help... and taking into account the meaning of Needy...

I would assume that it would actually cause Cherish to be more likely to get into trouble.

That said, this room is rather odd. Shop in one corner, rare death beast in the other, and a strange contraption in the middle.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10864 on: January 06, 2014, 01:19:25 am »

I'm tempted to swap Al's rubric to Last as I really want to know what it does, and worst case scenario our spells are pretty much useless at the moment anyway.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10865 on: January 06, 2014, 01:34:26 am »

I am once again analyzing the damned OverAndOut.mp3 file.

I am traversing the jungle of hissing and weird sounds at the last ~10 seconds.(There is a voice in there that sounds like "You're forever in here, there's nothing I can-SHSBGSVSJSYGTSVB")

EDIT: "You're forever in here, there's nothing I can do about it-'bout it-out it-t it" That damned sound is like, ridiculously quiet among a bunch of white noise

EDITEDIT:The "Run the other way" part I found awhile back is said in kind of the same tone, so I assume it is part of the above message

EDIT'S EDIT'S EDIT:It doesn't say run the other way. It says "Stop acting like a fool, and run the other way"
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 01:55:47 am by javierpwn »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10866 on: January 06, 2014, 02:29:02 am »

I am traversing the jungle of hissing and weird sounds at the last ~10 seconds.(There is a voice in there that sounds like "You're forever in here, there's nothing I can-SHSBGSVSJSYGTSVB")

EDIT: "You're forever in here, there's nothing I can do about it-'bout it-out it-t it" That damned sound is like, ridiculously quiet among a bunch of white noise

EDITEDIT:The "Run the other way" part I found awhile back is said in kind of the same tone, so I assume it is part of the above message

EDIT'S EDIT'S EDIT:It doesn't say run the other way. It says "Stop acting like a fool, and run the other way"
They're obviously song lyrics and we need to make an AMV in order for Ciro to win.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10867 on: January 06, 2014, 02:35:26 am »

They're obviously song lyrics and we need to make an AMV in order for Ciro to win.
Take out the white noise and add some bass in there, and you could probably make a half-way decent song.
While the chorus in the backward quietly sings "You must escape"

Best subliminal message song of 2014.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 02:42:21 am by javierpwn »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10868 on: January 06, 2014, 08:52:26 am »

FFS could post a picture of a ham sandwich in here and people would be endlessly analyzing it for clues.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10869 on: January 06, 2014, 09:44:32 am »

Yes, but the actual song does have secret messages all over it.
And so far, most of the voices which are easily heard, are in a repeating, and loud fashion. And if this is supposed to be Ciro's theme, that means Ciro has a programmed thought(like after he 'respawns') which constantly commands him/her to escape. Prevalent even over the white noise.

But the voices that tell Ciro that the venture is pointless or attempt to give advice are hidden under LOUDFREQUENCIESTHATMAKEMYEARDRUMSBLEEDBECAUSEIWEARHIGHQUALITYEARPHONES or are so ridiculously quiet it isn't even funny. Like suppressed thoughts.
Spoiler: BLARRGH (click to show/hide)

Ciro hears the voices but they are weak.

Now they are STRONG

THAT'S RIGHT, NEW YEAR=NEW THEORIES THAT MAKE LITTLE AMOUNTS TO NO SENSE AT ALL
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:49:17 am by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10870 on: January 06, 2014, 09:55:03 am »

Since in adventures like these companions have a tendency to get in trouble and require the hero to help...
Dammit, freeform doesn't need inspiration...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10871 on: January 06, 2014, 10:01:04 am »

lichenstein still confirmed for half life 3

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10872 on: January 06, 2014, 01:00:41 pm »

Spoiler: Count (click to show/hide)

Talk to the shopkeeper about room/ask for wares: +Eotyrannus, +monk, +Xan, +javier, +draco, +Toaster (6)
Query Goom-bess about Burro: +GWG (1)

Al asks the Shopkeeper about the Burro, but the Shopkeeper is one of those NON-TALKY TYPES. He simply shrugs and shows Al his wares, pumping eyebrows up and down like a suave street merchant.

You ask Goom-bess how the Burro senses its foes. She sighs real big and flips through her Tattledex. Enemylog. Whatever.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Theorycrafting Hint (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 02:07:08 pm by freeformschooler »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10873 on: January 06, 2014, 01:02:11 pm »

A pity. If we weren't being magic jammed we could use windirection to prevent it from sensing us.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10874 on: January 06, 2014, 01:03:58 pm »

What does a skill potion do again? Is that in the index? Let me check.

Edit: Searched 'Skill pot' on all three pages, nada. Ask goombess or the shopkeep what a skill potion does.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 01:05:52 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 1544