Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3736812 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #11670 on: February 27, 2014, 04:42:48 pm »

There's also the Christmas lights.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11671 on: February 27, 2014, 05:07:47 pm »

Damnit, I've only just realised that we're all knights, so we didn't get our shenanigans bonus for that...

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11672 on: February 27, 2014, 06:29:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11673 on: February 27, 2014, 07:03:20 pm »

Have floating guy take corpse.

Afterwards, have him pick one of us up to see if he can carry us properly.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11674 on: February 27, 2014, 07:08:34 pm »

Excited!

How's combat going to work? Zelda-esque?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11675 on: February 27, 2014, 07:21:15 pm »

Christmas lights with star on the end. You know what that looks like? Grappling hook. Try to hook it around the dead monster then climb across. Use Goombess as an anchor so we can get back.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Underside
« Reply #11676 on: February 27, 2014, 09:09:15 pm »

The floor opens up under Ritlia and you. Moments before falling into the new opening, you catch a glimpse of some large, metallic vents down below.
Well, now I know what the lines in the void-background are. Doesn't tell us what the colored dots are, but perhaps they're gates into the warrens that flash when someone enters? The flash is their soul being separated from them, it's color is the same as their soul, and usually it splits soul into binding and essence. Sometimes leaves in intact in star form, but always turns it into a physical object. These flashes are specifically souls that weren't lucky enough to land in a dungeon floor - and dropped into the vents in the underside.
The flashes that are the same color are that way because they follow the same template, use the same star-type. Such as hellyfish, they'd all have the same essence on them, therefor, they'd all have the same star; this means that soul stars are not always unique.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11677 on: February 27, 2014, 09:13:31 pm »

I think that Soul Stars themselves are unique; their colors and abilities, not so much.

Eventually you'd find two people with similar star colors.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11678 on: February 27, 2014, 09:23:13 pm »

Excited!

How's combat going to work? Zelda-esque?

It can. I was actually going to attempt a sort of cross between Zelda and Warrens (with HD, AC, and damage rolls). Though like Zelda you'll be to equip a weapon and a secondary. The weapon will do the basic weapon attack when used and the secondary will use whatever you set it as... like if the weapon has a skill associated with it or a potion or some like Proxxy's Zap! where you can choose between stronger attacks.

Think Zelda but with a D20 system added on.

I've got an interesting idea for weapons where weapons can have a material and an attribute. So that I can make like 10 weapons and with 10 materials and 10 attributes there would be 1000 combinations. It's a simple enough set up. It gives variety and attributes can give elemental bonuses or special abilities. Material will change other stuff like the damage or attack rolls and the value of the weapon.

I've got plans for some odd materials like Gold... which will actually be two materials. One will the Gold you find in RPGs and the other traditional Gold which will suck in battle but be worth a lot of Pence.

I've decided the goal will be to die with the most loot. There's a bank that you can deposit stuff, so you can sit on the Loot Throne in the afterlife (Tagline: You can't take it with you, but you can ship it beforehand.). It is a weird mechanic in the sense you deposit loot, but can't get it back. Anything in the bank adds up to your score when you die. So you need to gamble on whether you think you'll need the loot (to sell, use, buy more loot) or want to bank it for your score. (Also Items will be worth more in the bank than they sell for...)

It's an odd system, but I think it'll be fun to play and compare scores. The game over screen will show the character you played as with their loot in the afterlife and the score so that players can screen capture to show off their loot.

Edit: I should note that I'm going to use this as a portfolio project when its done, but you'll get Splash screen dedicated to you FFS. I just feel inspired by the Warrens and as my rubric suggests I'm not really creative when it comes to original ideas.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:34:14 pm by EmeraldWind »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11679 on: February 27, 2014, 09:35:25 pm »

Hmm, loot versus score... that sounds really cool. I'd love to collaborate on it with you if you want (doing art assets etc).

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11680 on: February 27, 2014, 09:46:40 pm »

Hmm, loot versus score... that sounds really cool. I'd love to collaborate on it with you if you want (doing art assets etc).

That would cool, but later on once the project is far enough. Though technically you already did Ciro's menu portrait. I just added the white dots in the eyes, the lines above the eyes, and the mouth so it looks like the HUD portrait. LOL.

I'm not art guy, just a programmer. So that will help, but I hate to get too much of that going to early. Interestingly, though when that happens I can upgrade the resolution.

The loot vs score concept came to me when I realized that Ciro was all about the loot. It seemed funny to make the player choose between putting Pence into a Bank vs saving it to buy items from a Shop. I thought the same idea could apply to any item and it gives this whole gamble feel. Do I want to Bank it or do I want to sell it? The irony of taking the loot to the afterlife seemed to funny to pass up on as well. (Granted the character will lose the stuff they have in their inventory only the Bank counts towards the score. So there's also a value of life due to any loot on your character is potentially lost points. And I like it when games put a value on life since it affects the emotional state of the player.)

Once again, I'm pretty far from getting it done. But so far its been a rather fun project.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:53:36 pm by EmeraldWind »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11681 on: February 27, 2014, 10:15:08 pm »

You should add a bonus mode where you defend your Throne of Loot from angels using the treasures you banked.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11682 on: February 27, 2014, 10:37:38 pm »

Another new avatar.
And neat, a collaborative freeform video game!

You should add a bonus mode where you defend your Throne of Loot from angels using the treasures you banked.
Or a second game. If you figure out a way to move the data from one game to the other...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #11683 on: February 27, 2014, 10:51:58 pm »

I feel that I must announce my presence.

I just finished where the party makes peace with Proxxy. It was epic.

Now I must continue reading through the thread until I reach where we are now. Myesss... Myess...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11684 on: February 27, 2014, 10:55:33 pm »

Somehow I fear the Angel's all know Shopkeeper-fu.

But I was going to put in a Betweenford battle in a room only accessible if you manage to somehow break the system... like if you walk somewhere without tiles or enter a room that wasn't initialized. Just to see if anyone ever finds a way to fight him. Mostly because I couldn't resist doing something like that.

Currently, either of those things just crash the game.

Another new avatar.
And neat, a collaborative freeform video game!

Yeah, maybe we'll see. There's is always the slight chance I'll finally get job and not have free time as a result.

That's one of the reasons I don't want to enlist Freeform right away. I'd hate to have him make a bunch of assets and have nothing come of it.
But hey if I get deep enough to see the light at the end of the tunnel I don't see why not.

Although that could be months away.

That said, I'm pretty confident with my current pace. But I have this list that doesn't seem to get shorter. It feels like running up the endless staircase and then looking back (Super Mario 64 :P). I am wondering if this is how Toady feels when checking his list. lol.

Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 1544