Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695274 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #11715 on: February 28, 2014, 01:30:29 pm »

I believe at some point FFS posted a map. It would be a simple matter of finding that and using it to guide our feet.
Thing is, we haven't found the boss room. So it's not on the map. And everywhere we haven't explored, there's a bottomless chasm, deadly stonedragon, or solid wall in the way.

Assuming the room guarded by two Spirit Traps isn't Boss-Room related, I bet the Boss is down here

Quote from: ffs
You have a bad gut feeling about what lies beyond the door.

Also, that's the update immediately before Cain first spoke to us.

EDIT: And, once again, if we replenish our SP/HP we can get past both the bottomless chasms and the StoneLazorDragon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11716 on: February 28, 2014, 01:38:31 pm »

Yes, but that also eats up our only way out of this level. Possibly completely, if teleporting back takes a charge...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #11717 on: February 28, 2014, 01:43:12 pm »

I believe we also have that checkpoint to use if we need it. It might be worth checking out.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11718 on: February 28, 2014, 01:52:29 pm »

I don't think we need it just yet--certainly not if we're just coming back in 5 minutes after recharging HP and MP. And what needs to be checked out?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:54:41 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #11719 on: February 28, 2014, 01:55:27 pm »

Just if we ever need to go back for some shopping. I am in a agreement that we don't need to go yet, but it's a consideration before we do anything big, such as attempting to fight a big opponent.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11720 on: February 28, 2014, 02:01:46 pm »

I don't think we need it just yet--certainly not if we're just coming back in 5 minutes after recharging HP and MP. And what needs to be checked out?

I'm voting for going to the Checkpoint again.

1- We need to heal, especially if we're going to mess with Cain or a potential miniboss.
2- If we replenish our SP, we can Windirection ourselves over that gap to the Probably Sweet Loot room.
3- We've got a laundry list of things we need to check on elsewhere (Essence and Binding sidequest for Slog, Oric's MEMOR-E cartridges, bloodshaping on a not-antimagic floor, hitting up that sidequest dude in Underside to see if his quests have updated, etc)
4- Did I mention we need to heal?

And yeah, it's not our only way back to this level; there's also the Warp Pad. Sure, we haven't figured it out yet, but we will eventually. If we ignore resources we have because we "might need them later," we'll just end up dying now because we're hurt and defenseless. And remember, we can't actually use the Checkpoint to get back here unless we hit it once.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11721 on: February 28, 2014, 02:04:31 pm »

+1 to checkpoint
We need Slog
(we may have to pump Soul Charge into there)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11722 on: February 28, 2014, 02:07:00 pm »

I'm voting for going to the Checkpoint again.

1- We need to heal, especially if we're going to mess with Cain or a potential miniboss.
2- If we replenish our SP, we can Windirection ourselves over that gap to the Probably Sweet Loot room.
3- We've got a laundry list of things we need to check on elsewhere (Essence and Binding sidequest for Slog, Oric's MEMOR-E cartridges, bloodshaping on a not-antimagic floor, hitting up that sidequest dude in Underside to see if his quests have updated, etc)
4- Did I mention we need to heal?
And yeah, it's not our only way back to this level; there's also the Warp Pad. Sure, we haven't figured it out yet, but we will eventually. If we ignore resources we have because we "might need them later," we'll just end up dying now because we're hurt and defenseless. And remember, we can't actually use the Checkpoint to get back here unless we hit it once.
I hardly think we've run out of options for 1, 2, and 4. #3 is hardly vital.

We haven't figured out the warp pad, so it's essentially useless. Unless you have some grand theory of how to make it work, let's not bank on it.

I'm not saying we shouldn't use the checkpoint ever, I'm saying we shouldn't use it now.

+1 to checkpoint
We need Slog
(we may have to pump Soul Charge into there)
*sigh*
Sig

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11723 on: February 28, 2014, 02:31:25 pm »

1- Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have no way to heal/recover SP on this floor. We've found one one-use SP fountain so far. So yeah, stepping off the floor for a bit is the fastest way to heal.

2- I think our only plan for the chasm other than Windirection is "Convince the Passive Party member who has explicitly said he won't do so to go across alone." Well, that and the grappling hook idea which has a nonzero chance of throwing our Soul Star into the abyss.

3 is hardly vital, but it does refute the "we're just coming back in 5 minutes" argument. We've got stuff to do and quests to complete. Also, just remembered one, we need to get Al's Soul Star out of Storage for him.

4 is 1 and bears mentioning twice; Cherish could potentially be one-shot by a melee basic attack, and Goombess isn't much better. Ciro and Cherish both have too little SP to do anything useful with, which is never good for the main caster and the healer.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11724 on: February 28, 2014, 02:37:06 pm »

2. We have encountered numerous pylons, and are carrying a Christmas mat. We should be able to fancy a bridge out of it.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11725 on: February 28, 2014, 02:41:14 pm »

2. We have encountered numerous pylons, and are carrying a Christmas mat. We should be able to fancy a bridge out of it.

Didn't we just try that?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #11726 on: February 28, 2014, 02:54:08 pm »

Didn't we just try that?
Second time's the charm.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11727 on: February 28, 2014, 03:05:06 pm »

Ow, must have missed that.

Anyway, why didn't we use the bartering ram. It's long enough.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11728 on: February 28, 2014, 03:07:31 pm »

Ask Oric how much it will cost to upgrade the Polar Eye's Clearance Level.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11729 on: February 28, 2014, 03:21:13 pm »

Ask Oric how much it will cost to upgrade the Polar Eye's Clearance Level.
knowing FFS, we would have to either fuse something higher in power, or get an entirely new scanner
Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 1544