Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3696437 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #11730 on: February 28, 2014, 03:29:55 pm »

Ow, must have missed that.

Anyway, why didn't we use the bartering ram. It's long enough.

Hmmm

You know what, I think it IS long enough. Just barely, but if everyone is really careful not to jostle it... I'm still in favor of SP replenish for Windirection since that's way safer and doesn't run the risk of accidentally jogging the Bartering Ram into the abyss, but I think it could work, and it's better than most of the non-Checkpoint alternatives.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: February 28, 2014, 03:41:44 pm »

Also, perhaps we can use acid to weld pylons together, or at least make them fit better.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11732 on: February 28, 2014, 03:58:32 pm »

1- Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have no way to heal/recover SP on this floor. We've found one one-use SP fountain so far. So yeah, stepping off the floor for a bit is the fastest way to heal.
Wasn't there a mana fountain by the dragon? And aren't there a number of rooms we have not entered (but potentially could)?

2- I think our only plan for the chasm other than Windirection is "Convince the Passive Party member who has explicitly said he won't do so to go across alone." Well, that and the grappling hook idea which has a nonzero chance of throwing our Soul Star into the abyss.
Not the Soul Star, the Christmas Tree star.

3 is hardly vital, but it does refute the "we're just coming back in 5 minutes" argument. We've got stuff to do and quests to complete. Also, just remembered one, we need to get Al's Soul Star out of Storage for him.
I don't think any of those are terribly pressing. Any reason not to wrap up business on this level before going up?

4 is 1 and bears mentioning twice; Cherish could potentially be one-shot by a melee basic attack, and Goombess isn't much better. Ciro and Cherish both have too little SP to do anything useful with, which is never good for the main caster and the healer.
We're avoiding combat when possible, and aside from the stone dragon there hasn't been much to worry about.

2. We have encountered numerous pylons, and are carrying a Christmas mat. We should be able to fancy a bridge out of it.
Didn't we just try that?
Not very intelligently. I imagine that if we figured out a way to connect the pylons...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: February 28, 2014, 03:59:30 pm »

-SNIP-
Yes, it is long enough, but just barely.
Small enough that it would require a roll in order to succeed.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: February 28, 2014, 04:06:12 pm »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11735 on: February 28, 2014, 04:07:44 pm »

Well yeah, but there's still a room that might have a chest in it left.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: February 28, 2014, 04:09:13 pm »

Yeah, there's stuff to do on this floor and elsewhere if you want. I just couldn't believe people were claiming we hadn't found either of those rooms.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: February 28, 2014, 04:09:33 pm »

I'm pretty sure I knew that. But I probably just forgot.

No reason to stop exploring.

That's the spirit.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: February 28, 2014, 04:11:55 pm »

I am the spirit.

Just watch, I'mma jump out of that soul trapped scroll and mess things up big time.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: February 28, 2014, 04:14:09 pm »

1- Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have no way to heal/recover SP on this floor. We've found one one-use SP fountain so far. So yeah, stepping off the floor for a bit is the fastest way to heal.
Wasn't there a mana fountain by the dragon? And aren't there a number of rooms we have not entered (but potentially could)?

Yes, I know. It was single use. It is also in the room with the StoneLazorDragon, so we've got a chicken and the egg problem as far as needing to heal before fighting it / fighting it so we can heal.

2- I think our only plan for the chasm other than Windirection is "Convince the Passive Party member who has explicitly said he won't do so to go across alone." Well, that and the grappling hook idea which has a nonzero chance of throwing our Soul Star into the abyss.
Not the Soul Star, the Christmas Tree star.

Oh, my mistake.

3 is hardly vital, but it does refute the "we're just coming back in 5 minutes" argument. We've got stuff to do and quests to complete. Also, just remembered one, we need to get Al's Soul Star out of Storage for him.
I don't think any of those are terribly pressing. Any reason not to wrap up business on this level before going up?

Again, my argument is that we need to go up in order to finish business on this level.

4 is 1 and bears mentioning twice; Cherish could potentially be one-shot by a melee basic attack, and Goombess isn't much better. Ciro and Cherish both have too little SP to do anything useful with, which is never good for the main caster and the healer.
We're avoiding combat when possible, and aside from the stone dragon there hasn't been much to worry about.

I feel like the possibility of a miniboss/actual boss in the center chamber is pretty high, the Stone Dragon blocks one way to it and our lack of mana blocks the other. Even if we can get past the lack of mana for the other, we're still looking at possibly having a big battle on the other side of the door.

2. We have encountered numerous pylons, and are carrying a Christmas mat. We should be able to fancy a bridge out of it.
Didn't we just try that?
Not very intelligently. I imagine that if we figured out a way to connect the pylons...

I still feel the risk/reward evaluation favors a spot of backtracking right now.

GM NINJA: Oh yeah! I even wrote that down. Don't mind me, I'm just dumb. I still want to be at full strength before facing Cain, he strikes me as the kind of guy you don't want to be defenseless around.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11740 on: February 28, 2014, 05:27:34 pm »

... no one has figured what out?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11741 on: February 28, 2014, 05:54:59 pm »

I never thought I'd disagree with GWG, but +1 to using the check point.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11742 on: February 28, 2014, 06:09:45 pm »

Yeah, +1 checkpoint.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #11743 on: February 28, 2014, 06:23:46 pm »

I will my hat my hat to the Checkpoint Wagon.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11744 on: February 28, 2014, 07:38:51 pm »

Yeah, there's stuff to do on this floor and elsewhere if you want. I just couldn't believe people were claiming we hadn't found either of those rooms.

I think a few of us were paying attention.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1544