Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695436 times)

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: RETURN OF THE BLORBLE
« Reply #12075 on: March 04, 2014, 05:27:59 pm »

I'm sorry, why isn't Slog's class "Conqueror of Hearts"?
But then slog wouldn't be able to spawn more slogs and lead them, so they could, together, conquer everyone's heart.
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12076 on: March 04, 2014, 05:31:14 pm »

King of Hearts. Make him learn the shining finger. Yes he doesn 't have hands, teach it to him anyways!
It's FEF, not FEOF

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12077 on: March 04, 2014, 05:41:43 pm »

Wait a minute, as the Asynchrony Catalyst we found in the tube belongs to Cherish, does that mean that we used Cherish's soul energy to revive ourselves last time?
Ask Cherish if she suffered any random pains/bleeding around the time we revived.

Al and Cherish: Undo those second shifts. It wastes inventory spaces and takes away the flair when we use them when we actually need it.
Oh, and +1
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:48:39 pm by draco1234 »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12078 on: March 04, 2014, 05:45:21 pm »

If she doesn't, that may be an indicator that misusing a soul star equals using it for something it wasn't made for. Since her's appears to be attuned to healing, and Ciro's isn't, Ciro would be hurt by using hers to revive something.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12079 on: March 04, 2014, 05:50:05 pm »

I am so happy, you don't even know.

SMASH THE GLASS ALREADY!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12080 on: March 04, 2014, 05:50:47 pm »

SMASH THE GLASS ALREADY!
No, try opening it without wrecking the machine, first.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12081 on: March 04, 2014, 05:51:37 pm »

We broke out of it the first time and it fixed itself.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12082 on: March 04, 2014, 05:52:18 pm »

Yeah, I don't think there's any inconclusive portions of the theory now, AND we just saw the last piece of the puzzle in-game. We can call it.

We have a winrar!

Javierpwn along with many, many others throughout the thread have compiled evidence for Theorycrafting Question #3. See the spoiler for a boatload of information.

Spoiler: Body and Soul (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:25:01 pm by freeformschooler »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12083 on: March 04, 2014, 05:52:49 pm »

I assumed that somebody went and fixed it while nobdoy was looking.

And then Ciro was a Meguca.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:54:39 pm by Darvi »

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12084 on: March 04, 2014, 05:53:43 pm »

Wait a minute! If Ciro took Slog's essence off (she replaced it with her soul star) and Slog is alive, that means Slog doesn't have his own essence inside himself anymore, right?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:57:09 pm by ShadowStrike »
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12085 on: March 04, 2014, 05:55:34 pm »

This all lends credence to the "this is all some sort of simulation" theory.  The SOUL, not the BODY, is what matters.

Wait a minute! If Ciro took Slog's essence off (she replaced it with her soul star) and Slog is alive, that means Slog doesn't his own essence inside himself anymore, right?

This is also interesting.  It appears we need something of the dead person nearby, but what?  Anything?  Can we just wish for the person we want revived to be revived, and the machine does it, assuming it is powered?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12086 on: March 04, 2014, 05:55:53 pm »

SMASH THE GLASS ALREADY!
No, try opening it without wrecking the machine, first.
If I remember correctly the glass repairs itself after breaking, so it should be fine as long as we don't smash anything else.
Also on top of what I said before:
Ciro - Retrieve soul star from tube
Edit: Oops, I should have checked the new posts before posting.
This all lends credence to the "this is all some sort of simulation" theory.  The SOUL, not the BODY, is what matters.

Wait a minute! If Ciro took Slog's essence off (she replaced it with her soul star) and Slog is alive, that means Slog doesn't his own essence inside himself anymore, right?

This is also interesting.  It appears we need something of the dead person nearby, but what?  Anything?  Can we just wish for the person we want revived to be revived, and the machine does it, assuming it is powered?
His corpse was in there.  Though it is interesting that we were able to revive him without his essence...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12087 on: March 04, 2014, 05:57:14 pm »

Also, FFS:  Do we get a prize for Theorycraft #3 or did we run out of time on it?

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12088 on: March 04, 2014, 05:58:45 pm »

Also, why isn't Cain's music in the OST yet? I remember seeing a post by FFS with it in some page...

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12089 on: March 04, 2014, 05:59:00 pm »

Makes sense if Oric told Proxxy not to do it.(and by extension Proxxy to Cherish)
I suppose you could say Oric told Cherish...
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
...By Proxxy?
Sorry, sorry, I'll see myself out, just stop throwing tomatoes!

Anyways, an examination of soul star names. I think it was mentioned somewhere that each soul star has a passive ability. If this is true, I think I might have a guess as to what the Astral Influx's passive is. Us.
Think about it: Astral refers to something that's "forming the substance of a second body". Influx means a sudden flowing in of something. Assuming you're of the type who considers a mind to be a second body, this might imply that our influence on Ciro was caused by the Astral Influx. On dictionary.com, it notes that astral refers to something that carries on after death, and our presence certainly did. Also, we didn't have control over Ciro the OK before he first entered. When he did, which is presumably when his soul star was created, we suddenly got our influence. It was, if you will, and influx of astral energy.

As a random and probably wrong guess as to what the Asynchrony Catalyst does, perhaps it lets us influence time in some way? Asynchrony seems to imply that it de-syncs something about the Warrens. The question is what. Another possibility is that it's in reference to an Asynchronous Circuit, which isn't governed by an internal clock. Perhaps Cherish, or her soul star, or something we haven't yet figured out is somehow exempt from the cycles of the Warrens governing the place?
Or perhaps the names are just bits of flavor text with no particular meaning FFS put on to troll us into trying to find meaning in them? Aaand that's enough theorycrafting for now.

As far as actions go, Check the Astral Influx's menu to see just how much soul charge was used.

EDIT:
Also, why isn't Cain's music in the OST yet? I remember seeing a post by FFS with it in some page...
Found it. The page I found it on, however, says it's a preview.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:00:45 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 1544