Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3696665 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: RETURN OF THE BLORBLE
« Reply #12285 on: March 06, 2014, 01:47:59 pm »

So the difference between Thor and Gilligan?
Yup.

Just having a slime in the party is probably enough to make us look a bit idiotic.
Well, yes. But remember what my PoV on the slime is?

-1 to second shifting stars. They deal the same amount of damage as attacking with bare hands, and take up too much inventory space.
Any last-minute preparations you want to take care of on this floor before you enter?
Run back to Oric quickly and buy an anti-anti-magic potion.
I cannot stress enough how much Cain will pay for one of those.
How much are they, again?

I'm in FAVOR of second shifting the stars! They're hella useful, we can always shrink them back down when we actually FIND more loot, Al's lets him attack from Medium Range and Cherish deals Earth Damage. Our scan of Al suggests he absorbs Earth Damage. Can anyone say Free Healing?
Here's hoping you're right, or else Cherish might buldgeon Al to death on accident.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12286 on: March 06, 2014, 01:48:28 pm »

I guess it couldn't hurt to shift the Influx and the Catalyst, but Al needs his inventory space for the Ram.

Just having a slime in the party is probably enough to make us look a bit idiotic.
This is one case where I don't not remember because I forgot, but because I didn't know in the first place.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #12287 on: March 06, 2014, 01:53:03 pm »

I guess it couldn't hurt to shift the Influx and the Catalyst, but Al needs his inventory space for the Ram.

We give the Ram to Slog so he has a useful weapon; We want to avoid targeting Cain with magic (i.e Frizz) partly due to the Anti-Magic field and partly because Cain can reflect it (and a bunch of other things, too.) This way everyone has a useful weapon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12288 on: March 06, 2014, 02:03:23 pm »

This is one case where I don't not remember because I forgot, but because I didn't know in the first place.
Dude. You haven't been paying any attention about any time we've been talking about Slog, have you?
He's useful, sometimes, but...you guys like him way, way too much for the basically nothing he does.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12289 on: March 06, 2014, 02:08:09 pm »

*asks me if I've paid attention*

Pffffff. I know there's pro-slog and anti-slog people, but I can't be arsed to note who's in what camp. Or even to check people's nicks, for that matter.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12290 on: March 06, 2014, 02:09:35 pm »

FFS: So, did coming back through the checkpoint consume one of it's uses or do we still have one left?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12291 on: March 06, 2014, 02:12:16 pm »

Well it still said 1 after we went through so I'mm a assume it's still got a charge left.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12292 on: March 06, 2014, 02:16:05 pm »

I just don't really care whether Slog is here or not. I'm more for Goom-bess, mostly since she's a walking encyclopedia.

+1 to buying anti-anti-magic potion
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12293 on: March 06, 2014, 02:26:13 pm »

Al should wear Slog as a hat because he doesn't have a hat.
+1 Second shifting, +1 give Slog the bartering ram
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12294 on: March 06, 2014, 02:52:23 pm »

25 [any currency], as of last time we viseted the shack. We have 26 Fountain Pence on us, which is just enough.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12295 on: March 06, 2014, 03:04:08 pm »

+1 to buying a magic potion, though while we're there we should quickly ask Oric where Proxxy is, considering Oric is back, but she isn't.
Also, +1 to second shifting the asynchrony catalyst as Cherish doesn't really have a good weapon, but -1 to second shifting the others, as Al would be better off using the bartering ram and Ciro's second shift uses up soul energy, which is too valuable to waste.
-1 to giving slog the bartering ram, as it would be better if Al uses it (and I find it highly unlikely he could use it anyway)
Once that's all done, +1 to walking through the door to Cain's prison.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12296 on: March 06, 2014, 03:07:21 pm »

Also, stop saying that we're going to fight Cain. That might happen, but it doesn't mean that it is the only thing that can happen.
I don't want a lot of people suddenly saying "attack Cain" without it being needed.
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12297 on: March 06, 2014, 03:09:38 pm »

Also, stop saying that we're going to fight Cain. That might happen, but it doesn't mean that it is the only thing that can happen.
I don't want a lot of people suddenly saying "attack Cain" without it being needed.
I agree, having him as an ally would be much better (or at least not an enemy).

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12298 on: March 06, 2014, 03:11:36 pm »

I don't recall remembering anybody explicitly planning on fighting him. But if we do have to fight him, we want to be damn well prepared.

Never mind that, once we walk through that door, there's going to be an obligatory boss dialogue, so that will keep from people blindly charging ahead.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12299 on: March 06, 2014, 03:15:38 pm »

25 [any currency], as of last time we viseted the shack. We have 26 Fountain Pence on us, which is just enough.
I wonder what the chance is Oric raises the price to 27, just to spite us.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 1544