Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695819 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Cain
« Reply #12360 on: March 07, 2014, 05:28:52 am »

Tell him that he's cheating and that story titles may be completely irrelevant to their contents, and in any case we cannot make a completely rational choice without knowing what each story is even about. Request a one-sentence summary of each.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12361 on: March 07, 2014, 05:51:44 am »

I just realized something: if we recruit Cain, pretty much everyone else will hate us.

Our party members will be annoyed for bringing along somebody unstable.

Oric and the Siblings will be livid with us. Proxxy will probably never return. Speaking of Proxxy, we should ask Oric where she went.

I have no idea how the angels will react, but I doubt that they'll be happy.

I recommend that we don't rescue Cain unless we figure out a way to do it and not anger everyone.
Oric is far too nonchalant for my liking about everything we've done so far, so if recruiting Cain actually annoys him, I consider that a win.
Um, what? We want Oric to be nonchalant. If he actively opposes us, things will be quite difficult. I have a feeling he's not going to actually attack us, but life might be a bit more difficult.
What I meant by that is that he is far too nonchalant about our attempts to defeat him, meaning either:
1.  He thinks our chances of success are negligible, which is probably true.
2.  We're doing exactly what he wants us to.
The latter is the one I'm worried about, especially as we don't know what he wants with us.  We know that he doesn't want to kill us, at least not straight away, as he could easily have killed us on multiple occasions.  The main problem with not knowing what he wants from us is that we don't know what we can do to thwart his plan, as any attempt to do so could lead to us instead playing right into his hands.  So if we actually manage to accomplish something that annoys him, that most likely means that we're on the right track to thwarting his plans.  Although as you say, annoying him too early would just lead to us dying horribly, so you're probably right in saying that we shouldn't antagonise him too much now.

Also +1 to Oric's hammer.  It could give us a vital clue on what Oric's plan is/how to defeat him, which in my opinion is one of the most important things we can learn right now.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12362 on: March 07, 2014, 05:55:15 am »

Not to mention the possibility that we might not want to thwart him. Crazy, I know.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12363 on: March 07, 2014, 06:14:12 am »

Not to mention the possibility that we might not want to thwart him. Crazy, I know.
I'm guessing his plan results in the continuation of the cycle, which I suppose could turn out to be better for everyone than the alternatives.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #12364 on: March 07, 2014, 06:48:51 am »

...I'm worried about our choice of dialogue.

Recall that Cain has an extreme prejudice about Oric. Remember how angry he got just thinking about the Thief? That is going to happen again. It may be a bit volatile for us to be in the same room as him, once he gets talking.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12365 on: March 07, 2014, 07:33:46 am »

Creation Story
ALL ABOUT THAT OVERSOUL/ANGELS EXPOSITION!

Edit:Working on a theorycrafting for the lights.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:55:11 am by javierpwn »

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12366 on: March 07, 2014, 09:08:58 am »

Tell him that he's cheating and that story titles may be completely irrelevant to their contents, and in any case we cannot make a completely rational choice without knowing what each story is even about. Request a one-sentence summary of each.
This could be easily solved if we were trading information instead of doing the "I'll tell you X and you'll have to do Y for me" thing, though.
+1
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:33:17 am by ShadowStrike »
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12367 on: March 07, 2014, 09:27:43 am »

I think that we need here the most meta information, so I go with Creation Story

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #12368 on: March 07, 2014, 10:44:22 am »

+1

Also, in case this doesn't work, +1 creation due to Cain angry.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12369 on: March 07, 2014, 10:50:10 am »

Current vote-count:

Creation Story: 3 (javierpwn, Tomcost, Eotyrannus)
Oric's Hammer: 7 (mastahcheese, me, flabort, ss4mario, trekkie5249, me, draco1234)
Cain's Claw: 2 (Elephant Parade, flameboy)

Usual disclaimer about me missing something applies.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12370 on: March 07, 2014, 10:54:17 am »

Creation Story
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12371 on: March 07, 2014, 11:05:13 am »

Creation Story

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12372 on: March 07, 2014, 11:45:58 am »

Current vote-count:

Creation Story: 3 (javierpwn, Tomcost, Eotyrannus)
Oric's Hammer: 6 (mastahcheese, Toasted Corn Flakes, flabort, ss4mario, trekkie5249, me, draco1234)
Cain's Claw: 2 (Elephant Parade, flameboy)

Usual disclaimer about me missing something applies.

thx darv

Oric's Hammer: 6 (mastahcheese, Toasted Corn Flakes, flabort, ss4mario, trekkie5249, me, draco1234)

Once upon a time, the Devil herself looked around and said: "Sheeeeeeeeit, if we keep eatin everything, there won't be nothin left! Yo, Devil Jr., find someone smarter 'fore we run out." That someone is the Thief. You may know him as Oric the Awful.

Not long after the Thief found the Warrens, a little cherub approached him and told him he'd been chosen to rule over the place... at a price. See, the Thief had to find some way to fuel the entire underworld, as it needed power to keep moving and consuming. He came up with a genius plan: use HIS cohorts as batteries! A tense alliance was formed between the Devils and the humans.

The Thief was trusted with an unbelievably powerful Soul Star. It granted him dominance over the Devil and ALL her sinister siblings. He could manage them, tell them exactly what they needed to do to run the place HIS way, under threat of retaliation. There were three such Soul Stars, but that's another story.

However... after the first run of his 'experiment', the Devil told him: they know what they need to do, meaning the Thief himself was no longer needed. Keeping him alive was a useless power drain for no return. He'd been fired.

The Thief, gazing up at the quick and permanent death between the Devil's teeth, simply said: "No."

With an impossible strike of his spirit hammer, the Devil's arms were sliced off, a wretched scream erupting from her thousand yard throat. The Thief ascended to Level Seven and SLEW the Devil's sibling there. He ascended to Level Six and SLEW the Devil's sibling there. By Level One, all that remained of this once-powerful race was the crying, mutilated Last Devil herself. The Thief offered her a trade: use the soul power my system grants you to do as I please, and I'll keep you alive. Thus the Last Devil watched over (and became the conduit for) ALL souls passing through her once-powerful dungeon.

The Thief took her minions - her cherubs - as tribute. Just as allegedly immortal as their elders, the cherubs helped watch over the dungeon, ensuring all went according to the Thief's plans. None dared to face Oric's Hammer. The end.

Cain points you to the Down Stairs. They're all the way on the opposite side of the room from where you entered.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:55:51 am by freeformschooler »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12373 on: March 07, 2014, 11:52:05 am »

(Y U remove toaster's vote)

I'mma also assume that Cain used to possess the second of these uber-Soul Stars.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:59:16 am by Darvi »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #12374 on: March 07, 2014, 12:08:19 pm »

Thank him for his help. It's kinda surprising that a Dungeon Boss has been so helpful today.

Also, put slog somewhere safe for the fall.
Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 1544