Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3737136 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

That could be pretty good, if "paraplegic" applied to "summoner" rater than "rat". Sure, mobility would be limited, but between wheelchair upgrades and the ability to summon and control rats...ever read Worm? Imagine what Skitter could have done with bigger animals and teeth instead of venom, silk, and wings. Less, but "less than take over a city and defeat some of the biggest capes in the world" is still pretty impressive.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That could be pretty good, if "paraplegic" applied to "summoner" rater than "rat". Sure, mobility would be limited, but between wheelchair upgrades and the ability to summon and control rats...ever read Worm? Imagine what Skitter could have done with bigger animals and teeth instead of venom, silk, and wings. Less, but "less than take over a city and defeat some of the biggest capes in the world" is still pretty impressive.
Or like that time where she controlled
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well...we don't really want to go there, ya know? Especially since it's overkill on pretty well everything in the setting. And without Cauldron's assorted minions, we'd be weakening ourself more than strengthening ourself.

(Side note: You've read the End Interlude?)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well...we don't really want to go there, ya know? Especially since it's overkill on pretty well everything in the setting. And without Cauldron's assorted minions, we'd be weakening ourself more than strengthening ourself.

(Side note: You've read the End Interlude?)
Of course. But on the note of Paraplegic Rat Summoners, I was imagining our rats to be paraplegic when summoned.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. What is your opinion on said interlude?

2. Yeah, that would be useless.
Sig

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

2. Yeah, that would be useless.
Eh, just throw them at the enemy. I'm SURE it'll do plenty of damage.[/sarcasm]
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND Done.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:23:14 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have...rather stronger opinions. Care to hear them?

Due to the Cherubs being regarded as servants to the Devils, we can conclude that they would be Seraphim, in reference to the Seraphim which built the Warrens.
Okay, you lost me there.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND Done.
It sure looks good to me.
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Javier
Due to the Cherubs being regarded as servants to the Devils, we can conclude that they would be Seraphim, in reference to the Seraphim which built the Warrens.
Okay, you lost me there.
The Thief took her minions - her cherubs -

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:17:27 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Took me a while to realize that you weren't saying that the Cherubs and the SEraphim were the same.
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Took me a while to realize that you weren't saying that the Cherubs and the SEraphim were the same.
It does looks incoherent, fixing it now; don't want ay people thinking Spira is the Last Seraphim or something.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It would be interesting if it turned out she was, though.

Hm...could Cain be the minimal, bound form of the Last Seraphim? Both lost their Soul Stars to Oric, and Cain told the Last Seraphim's story to us. Besides, where else would the Seraphim be?

Deeper in the dungeon? Preposterous!
Sig

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

Here's an interesting and probably not-at-all correct theory:
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, so that's what "darklocked" in Al's title was referring to. I was wondering for so long.

Hmm. Elemental support spells? Perhaps they'd resist Awesome/Holy? Actually, now that I think about it, the demons/angels are probably weak to Awesome/Holy. It would explain why they're all so scared of Oric, but not really scared of anybody else. How many people do we know who have Holy-element abilities? Cherish is a healer, which makes me think she'll eventually get Holy abilities, but have we fought any Holy mooks?

If that +10 Awesome is applied to attack damage as well, those angels are looking at taking 20+ damage from every single one of Oric's attacks.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:40:13 pm by Elephant Parade »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BF's skillset doesn't look unholy/dark, but look at the names for his moves. Umbral rend, Ebony Blaster, Shadowy Arm(still umbral rend, but sounding cooler), obvious dark skillset
And Cherish Implies Dark=Unholy.
So Al's Darklock on "Last" rubric ties him into the Seraphs

So far, only Ciro and Oric have been witness having any sort of holy damage anyways, possibly the only thing capable of hurting our little Cherubs.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:42:47 pm by javierpwn »
Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 1544