Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695904 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

+1 Go to Greens I'm really very curious about what that message is, and we want to explore the air above everything anyway...

I also feel like we really haven't figured out the point of the Illborn Exchange yet. Recruiting allies to turn into Pokeballs is kinda neat, but I don't know how it's significantly different from, say, having Goombess just follow us in the Passive Party WITHOUT being turned into Essence of Goom, especially since we can't use it to buy new allies. Maybe if it works on hostile Illborn so we can farm for Essences, but if we have to recruit first then that kinda makes us worse than slavers since we intend to kill and then harvest our recruits.

Also Also Really FFS, "Goombellers"? That's a terrible name, not least because our Legally Distinct Character goes by Goombess! We're Goombessies, or no wait GoomBESTIES that's it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Maybe it really does work like a Pokeball, and we should try it on weakened enemies?  Wouldn't hurt anything to try it on some scrub.  If nothing else, it's a shot at some extra essence.

Also Goomballers, but topic indicates I'm too late.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Essence of Goom

I find this funny because reasons
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Maybe it really does work like a Pokeball, and we should try it on weakened enemies?  Wouldn't hurt anything to try it on some scrub.  If nothing else, it's a shot at some extra essence.

Also Goomballers, but topic indicates I'm too late.

You had your chance to be clever! Though Goomballers makes me think of The Space Jam of Oric the Awesome.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

I +1 seeing what's availiable at the arena. It's been ages and ages since we were last there.
It's FEF, not FEOF

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

+1 to trying to revive a wisp because I mean even if it turns out to be aggressive, it's not like one wisp is that much of a threat.
Cue it reviving as a giant wisp.
FFS, don't give ffs ideas!

Use Illborn Exchange on Slog. Combine Slog essence with Wisp essence, place the result in Illborn Exchange and activate.
Try it on something else before we do it to something we're emotionally attached to.
I'm not commenting on this idea, but it's obviously reversible.
Sadly.

Hey, we can farm Illborn for essence. Good to know.
Assuming we can get them into the Exchange. We should figure out how to get hostile Illborn in it.

... do we?
Well, we can't use the essences of other Illborn in it like such.

-snip-
Alright. I think it's fair to say that the Exchange's only purpose is harvesting/reviving Illborn. Therefore, some Illborn have multiple reagents.

With the Exchange we kill of our Illborn party members, stuff their corpses into the Storage with their essence. This means we can store (infinite)Illborn into the Storage, and vice-versa revive our dead party members.
1. Is Storage infinite?
2. It doesn't work on non-Illborn. Which is most of the party.

You're being trapped by the 'too awesome to use' fallacy.

When, if ever, are we going to use it? It's like saving all those full heals well after the final boss because 'you might need it later'.
Except that full heals are useful universally and don't have good alternatives. There are other, slower ways to get out of DL 3, and we should use those instead--until we're trapped in DL 3 or need to flee it immediately. Say, if Cain gets loose when we're down there.
In short: Like so many fallacies, there are some rare cases where it is actually a sound argument, and this is one of those cases.

I hope Swordshift gets used eventually. Ciro has a special spriteset just for attacking with that weapon.
Then maybe you should provide us with a situation where it would be useful.
...Useful, not required! There is a difference!

Thank the GM for being nice about that whole hat-swap-SP trick.
Wasting limited resources for almost no reason? No.
No river dolar sweeping? We need the river dolar, even if we have to endure a Zelda-level puzzle to get it.
+1

Damn... fuse Save pad with Astral Influx?
ARE YOU A SUICIDAL MORON?!?
Al recruit Chief n the Illborn exchange forcibly and proceed to kill/revive him infinitely, until the end of time itself; sating your murderous ambitions.
As hilarious as it is, -1 because seriously are you a sadistic AND suicidal moron?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

Damn... fuse Save pad with Astral Influx?
ARE YOU A SUICIDAL MORON?!?
Al recruit Chief n the Illborn exchange forcibly and proceed to kill/revive him infinitely, until the end of time itself; sating your murderous ambitions.
As hilarious as it is, -1 because seriously are you a sadistic AND suicidal moron?
+1 to both of the above -1s.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check Greens, if it's not something that needs to be dealt with immediately head back to DL4

Also, did Ciro get soul charge from us accidentally killing Slog?  (but not from intentionally killing him)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

NAV's mega-overkill plan to defeat Horologe: Final draft

Step 1: Ciro absorbs the shotgun and revolver.
Step 2: Ciro bloodshapes a weapon. Something ludicrously overcompensatory, like a gatling rocketlauncher with a chainsaw bayonet. Heal, reabsorb, and try again until we get something perfect. Use a reroll die if Ciro fails catastrophically.
Step 3: Al equips the hard hat and bartering ram. Cherish equips the superweapon and the blood band. Al use knight rubric and Cherish use karmic rubric.
Step 4: Al cast's the fully upgraded bulwark on himself and Cherish. Everyone overreplenishes their SP.
Step 5: Al and Cherish enter the arena.
Step 6: Al tanks with the hard hat. Cherish shoots with the weapon. Use dice if Cherish misses.
Step 7: We win the dps race.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I like this plan.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Count (click to show/hide)

Go to the Greens: +TopHat, +Tomcost, +monk12, +RanDomino (4)

Wop-wop-wop...

A new face is here to greet you.

New king...?

He seems legit, but you don't know what he's talking about. What will you tell him?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Newford. "Bye bye old Ford." There are clearly (probably) three Fords: New, Between, and Old. The old Oldford has been replaced by Betweenford, the old Betweenford was replaced by the old Newford, and the old Newford was replaced by someone. Also, I don't know where the old Oldford went.

Curious.

New king...?
Well then.

Honesty is the best policy.
"The New King of what? As far as I know, none of us are the Kings of Anything, but a lot of us have amnesia to some extent so we could be royal heirs. Or maybe this is a planet where people elect queens or something stupid like that. Anyways...do you know anything that could help us find and identify the New King?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Slog.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile

"What do you mean, "the new king"? I'm the awesome one here, if that's what you mean.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh hey it's the angel from the Angel.html

Tell him how we beat Betweenford and made him run away.
Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 1544