Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 957 958 [959] 960 961 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3738737 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Time Demon... dies ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #14370 on: April 18, 2014, 01:01:27 pm »

* LordSlowpoke skips everything

BIND HAT TO ITSELF

BIND OUR FACE TO THE HAT
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:20:57 pm by LordSlowpoke »

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #14371 on: April 18, 2014, 01:14:00 pm »

*Facepalm* Well, at least it isn't a action which has a negative impact.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14372 on: April 18, 2014, 01:21:07 pm »

i knew i were doing something wrong. fixed.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14373 on: April 18, 2014, 01:24:37 pm »

The issue with giving any of our Illborn a Binding to give them a Soul Star, is then we would require the LSS to revive them, rather than the Exchange. And there might be a point where we will lose access to the LSS

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14374 on: April 18, 2014, 04:04:34 pm »

What? Who care's about looks?
When the difference in looks is the difference between more or less makeup? Basically no one.
When the difference in looks is the difference between a human and a horrible eldritch monstrosity? Basically everyone.
I'm thinking along the lines of Nobodies from Kingdom Hearts. A Person who loses their heart may create a Nobody if their Heart was strong enough. If their Heart was even stronger yet their Nobody will have their Humanoid form rather than the standard run-of-the-mill monster form.
Of course...
1. Heart =/= Soul Star
2. This isn't Kingdom Hearts
True, it is not. But since the Person/Sour Star/Illborn thing parallels Kingdom Hearts's Person/Heart/Heartless/Nobody thing, it made good example to illustrate with. I am not saying that it works exactly the same but I was using it to explain what I was thinking better since you seemed to misunderstand what I was saying.

3. Riltia lost her Soul Star,
We don't know that Riltia lost her Soul Star. She lost her Soul Charge which caused her to transform.

and she turned into a horrible Illborn monster. Why wouldn't other Siblings do the same?
Because we were told by FFS that Willborn are specifically different from the standard Illborn. We have no reason to believe the siblings will become Willborn, because we don't know how a Willborn differs from a standard Illborn. There have been several theories, but none confirmed. So its is reasonable to think that siblings are as capable a turning into a non-Willborn Illborn.

You can handwave all you like, but unless you come up with a concrete reason why Riltia's case was so horribly, horribly away from what could happen elsewhere, you're just blathering.

We haven't been able to get that much information yet as the only two Willborn we have seen are the only two transformations we've seen. But we have seen many different standard Illborn both monstrous and (for lack of a better word) normal.

So maybe if we did this Cain would just become a standard Illborn, because the condition to make him Willborn is unfulfilled. Now in that case, if we did that would we come back to Cain's boss room and find a Hellyfish floating in his place?
No. Why the hell are you strawmanning me? That's like if I asked if you would expect to see Wilford in Cain's throne room.
Are you saying that there is some reason that Cain wouldn't become a Hellyfish type Illborn? I am legitimately asking a question here, not Strawmanning. Like I said my theory is he wouldn't, but like you said I have no proof hence it's a theory. We have no idea if Cain satisfies any condition (to become Willborn or to become a nonmonstrous Illborn like Chief) so its all speculation.

I just think that siblings probably already fulfill whatever condition that causes Chief to look more-or-less normal and we'd find Cain looking more or less the same. Naturally, I've got no proof at this point but I find it a reasonable enough idea for the present.
And I find it a reasonable idea that the one example we have of an Illborn sibling, Willborn or no, is not horribly un-representative of the norm, and hence horribly monstrous Sibling Illborn are not something we can discount because of Kingdom Hearts.
I never said to discount horribly monstrous Sibling Illborn because of Kingdom Hearts. I'm also thinking that Willborn will always look monstrous... judging from the fact that each character has a specific Willborn form and that Willborn are supposed to be a bad thing.

I just said that if a Sibling were to become a standard Illborn that I think they would possibly fulfill whatever condition keeps Chief in a non-monstrous form rather than turning into the monstrous Illborn we seen in the dungeon levels. I do know this doesn't have to be correct, so I'm not arguing this point simply explaining it. It seems from your replies that you misunderstood what I said.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 04:09:15 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14375 on: April 18, 2014, 04:38:58 pm »

IF YOU HAVE NO PROOF THEN IT'S A HYPOTHESIS NOT A THEORY

/pedant
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14376 on: April 18, 2014, 04:53:34 pm »

/pedant
And if you do have proof, then FFS might not accept your theory due to a miswording.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14377 on: April 18, 2014, 06:27:14 pm »

DL4 HO!

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14378 on: April 18, 2014, 06:31:07 pm »

/pedant
And if you do have proof, then FFS might not accept your theory due to a miswording.

Then its a hypothesis. No need for caps lock.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14379 on: April 18, 2014, 07:49:42 pm »

True, it is not. But since the Person/Sour Star/Illborn thing parallels Kingdom Hearts's Person/Heart/Heartless/Nobody thing, it made good example to illustrate with. I am not saying that it works exactly the same but I was using it to explain what I was thinking better since you seemed to misunderstand what I was saying.
You can say that about some Warrens system and a system from any game. It doesn't mean anything. Hell, you can say that it parallels the Passengers from Worm, but you don't see me making Theorycrafting based on that, now do you?

We don't know that Riltia lost her Soul Star. She lost her Soul Charge which caused her to transform.
Her soul star was looked at. It was corrupted, damaged, distorted. It almost certainly didn't function as a Soul Star anymore; the only reason I say "almost" is because there might be some function other than those listed in the menu and whatnot that somehow managed to survive the corruption of everything else about it.

Because we were told by FFS that Willborn are specifically different from the standard Illborn. We have no reason to believe the siblings will become Willborn, because we don't know how a Willborn differs from a standard Illborn. There have been several theories, but none confirmed. So its is reasonable to think that siblings are as capable a turning into a non-Willborn Illborn.
And why would we assume that these non-Willborn Illborn are incapable of being monstrous, as you claimed?

We haven't been able to get that much information yet as the only two Willborn we have seen are the only two transformations we've seen. But we have seen many different standard Illborn both monstrous and (for lack of a better word) normal.
...which is evidence that Sibling Illborn must be humanoid, how?

Are you saying that there is some reason that Cain wouldn't become a Hellyfish type Illborn? I am legitimately asking a question here, not Strawmanning. Like I said my theory is he wouldn't, but like you said I have no proof hence it's a theory. We have no idea if Cain satisfies any condition (to become Willborn or to become a nonmonstrous Illborn like Chief) so its all speculation.
Define "Hellyfish-type".

I never said to discount horribly monstrous Sibling Illborn because of Kingdom Hearts. I'm also thinking that Willborn will always look monstrous... judging from the fact that each character has a specific Willborn form and that Willborn are supposed to be a bad thing.
I just said that if a Sibling were to become a standard Illborn that I think they would possibly fulfill whatever condition keeps Chief in a non-monstrous form rather than turning into the monstrous Illborn we seen in the dungeon levels. I do know this doesn't have to be correct, so I'm not arguing this point simply explaining it. It seems from your replies that you misunderstood what I said.
Possibly? Yes. Your original statement made it sound like you were saying that would be the case, however.

/pedant
Yes, because we're following scientific procedures so much more than colloquial types of (semi-)educated guessing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14380 on: April 18, 2014, 07:55:52 pm »

I told you guys, this is just one giant Puella Magi Madoka Magica fanfic.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14381 on: April 18, 2014, 07:57:51 pm »

I told you guys, this is just one giant Puella Magi Madoka Magica fanfic.
I thought it was Wymar/Darvi/Frastur who said that? :P
It's FEF, not FEOF

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #14382 on: April 18, 2014, 08:00:32 pm »

Her soul star was looked at. It was corrupted, damaged, distorted. It almost certainly didn't function as a Soul Star anymore; the only reason I say "almost" is because there might be some function other than those listed in the menu and whatnot that somehow managed to survive the corruption of everything else about it.
Personally, I took that as being ???? scrambling her soul star, rather than him permanently corrupting it. There's no evidence to either of those beliefs, though, so it's something of a moot point.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14383 on: April 18, 2014, 08:07:21 pm »

Tell me, what is the distinction between "scrambling" and "corrupting"? What would happen if you scrambled, to pick a not-at-all-random example, the data on a Pokemon?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14384 on: April 18, 2014, 08:11:45 pm »

But Missingno isn't scrambled nor corrupted data. It's the result of the game trying to read something that has nothing allocated in it. :P
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 957 958 [959] 960 961 ... 1544