Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695505 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 2d capitalism simulator
« Reply #14760 on: May 01, 2014, 01:24:17 pm »

Can I just say when we get a binding I'm +1ing giving it to Goombess, and -1ing giving to slog, because to be completely honest, Slog is kind of awful, he has no actual use and no personality so yeah...
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14761 on: May 01, 2014, 02:01:08 pm »

You know... I wonder why FFS taunted us with that fake binding get...

Or was it fake?

I expect that it was a flashback; we've gotten bindings in past lives. So now we kinda have an idea of where the bindings are; they're hanging out in the blackest of voids, possibly the black space between dungeon levels. We don't really know how to get there, though, apart from possible ladder shenanigans.

What I got out of that, is that the mechanism that draws souls into the void, works by sundering the soul binding somehow.

Which gives me a hilarious idea.

If we muck around with whatever is causing that to happen... we could bring in a non-Illborn army from Haria. Perhaps enough to go toe to toe with the uber-postgame-boss.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14762 on: May 01, 2014, 02:16:43 pm »

it could be that the time in the Void flows much more differently in the Warrens, and the OS uses this to make it seem like a dream after kicking us out, because we were alone.
I mean, if it could kick us out, why can't it remove a trivial item from our inventory?
Assuming we were there at all. ffs implied that it was just a dream, what with Goom-Bess not even noticing us having entered the door or anything.

I expect that it was a flashback; we've gotten bindings in past lives.
Past lives where we've had the exact same appearance? Ie, same race/gender/class/visible gear? I doubt it. Dream seems more probable.

Can I just say when we get a binding I'm +1ing giving it to Goombess, and -1ing giving to slog, because to be completely honest, Slog is kind of awful, he has no actual use and no personality so yeah...
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14763 on: May 01, 2014, 02:45:53 pm »

mark my words

* LordSlowpoke receives dictionary

thank you mark
I love you.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14764 on: May 01, 2014, 03:48:02 pm »

Past lives where we've had the exact same appearance? Ie, same race/gender/class/visible gear? I doubt it. Dream seems more probable.

Ciro has some pretty well established identity issues; imagining her current incarnation in place of an old life is hardly unlikely.

Note the fancy blue hair; when previously seen, it was an indication of Ciro getting attuned to the Astral Influx (as well as Dangerously Genre Savvy in the case of the Yaos Fight) and the voices (i.e us, currently speculated to be past life incarnations.) Plus, when asked to authenticate, she responded with "Vi", which I believe to be either the name of the past life she was hallucinating or perhaps something more fundamental (I forget, did we establish whether Ciro is the sixth sibling yet?)

N.B I'm going to ignore semantics arguments on the difference between "flashback" and "dream."

Also dang we forgot to ask Cain about the voices. He totally said he knew about them!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14765 on: May 01, 2014, 04:44:26 pm »

Ciro has some pretty well established identity issues; imagining her current incarnation in place of an old life is hardly unlikely.

Note the fancy blue hair; when previously seen, it was an indication of Ciro getting attuned to the Astral Influx (as well as Dangerously Genre Savvy in the case of the Yaos Fight) and the voices (i.e us, currently speculated to be past life incarnations.) Plus, when asked to authenticate, she responded with "Vi", which I believe to be either the name of the past life she was hallucinating or perhaps something more fundamental (I forget, did we establish whether Ciro is the sixth sibling yet?)

N.B I'm going to ignore semantics arguments on the difference between "flashback" and "dream."

Also dang we forgot to ask Cain about the voices. He totally said he knew about them!
Vi could be the name of the original Target. The one who first entered the Warrens. Y'know, because Azure shades mean that Ciro is getting close to becoming closer to her "true form"

Spoiler: Also (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:48:03 pm by javierpwn »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14766 on: May 01, 2014, 05:22:33 pm »

I forgot to point something out (and I honetly don't know if it has been said already), but:

What if "Vi" is actually VI, for being the sixth sibling?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14767 on: May 01, 2014, 05:47:43 pm »

I forgot to point something out (and I honetly don't know if it has been said already), but:

Mechanic is #1(Proxxy)
Sinful is #2(Cain)
Voice is #3(Ecco)
Eye is #4(Floe)
Target is #5.(Ciro)
Rebel is #6(Riltia)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14768 on: May 01, 2014, 05:49:15 pm »

Hm. Wonder if that means we aren't actually the target after all, but instead Riltia. Does kinda make sense.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14769 on: May 01, 2014, 06:00:06 pm »

Hm. Wonder if that means we aren't actually the target after all, but instead Riltia. Does kinda make sense.
Especially since we had a quest to kill her.

Also, just going to point out that the letter V is pronounced "Vi" (or "Vee"), so that's another reason why we could be fifth.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14770 on: May 01, 2014, 06:02:26 pm »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14771 on: May 01, 2014, 06:03:06 pm »

Mechanic is #1(Proxxy)
Sinful is #2(Cain)
Voice is #3(Ecco)
Eye is #4(Floe)
Target is #5.(Ciro)
Rebel is #6(Riltia)

Then it is Vi for "V", five.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14772 on: May 01, 2014, 06:10:27 pm »

(totally appropriate for the previous discussion)
PRIORITY GOAL: FIND BINDING, UNILLBORN SLOG, HOLLA HOLLA GET BLORBLE

Slog has a brief moment of sentience. All his unnatural life he has wanted nothing more than a complete Soul to bind his essence. Even though he loves his new masters, he has been Illborn for a long time. He has waited for this Binding for a very long time.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14773 on: May 01, 2014, 06:32:55 pm »

Wait. What if the Soul Binding is stored in the main menu or something?

Check Main Menu.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14774 on: May 02, 2014, 08:43:05 am »

Then how do you explain how all previous flashbacks showed her in whatever form she had at the time?

"Flashback" is something that you saw that happened in the past; "Dream" is here used as a kinder word for "hallucination". It's an important distinction.

That was more or less my interpretation.
It opens up the interesting possibility that everyone's wrong about who the target is. Not a likely one, but interesting nonetheless.

Wait. What if the Soul Binding is stored in the main menu or something?

Check Main Menu.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 1544