Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3721342 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: PARTY CRASHING STEALTH-BASED ARPG
« Reply #15420 on: June 14, 2014, 06:30:05 pm »

Ask AG about Chunky Salsa Combat mode, if he knows of it or can teach us.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #15421 on: June 14, 2014, 06:43:57 pm »

Switch to Al, Set Rubric to Last, leave everyone in the Underside except for Al

Go to DL2

+1

+1

*whistles innocently*
+1 :P
Screw it, curiosity just beat basic sense. +1.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #15422 on: June 14, 2014, 08:08:18 pm »

Go to DL2

This can only go well, or at the very least be entertaining. +1

Bloodshape armor for Al before we do this.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15423 on: June 14, 2014, 08:36:28 pm »

So, should be please the whims of our GM, effectively making this a story in where the readers don't have control over the characters, thus defeating the whole purpose of what we know as suggestion games? Should we ever give the Lying Creator the very chance of writing the story whatever way he wants? Comrades, if we ever allow this kind of thing, then we are not players anymore, we are readers. Mere observers, without an actual control over the course of the story, and, more importantly, over the character whose personality came from the collective mind of us, the players. I we let the GM came out victorious out of this, I dare say, prank, or maybe even social experiment he is trying to pull, we may as well become lurkers, and resign to our rightful faculty.

So, do you know what do I say to this?

Go to DL2

+1

+1

*whistles innocently*
Yes, +1

:P

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15424 on: June 14, 2014, 08:42:40 pm »

So, should be please the whims of our GM, effectively making this a story in where the readers don't have control over the characters, thus defeating the whole purpose of what we know as suggestion games? Should we ever give the Lying Creator the very chance of writing the story whatever way he wants? Comrades, if we ever allow this kind of thing, then we are not players anymore, we are readers. Mere observers, without an actual control over the course of the story, and, more importantly, over the character whose personality came from the collective mind of us, the players. I we let the GM came out victorious out of this, I dare say, prank, or maybe even social experiment he is trying to pull, we may as well become lurkers, and resign to our rightful faculty.

Realistically, FFS has structured the game in such a way that almost every path we take will end up in a a loss.
We need to go down the paths unthinkable, uncover the true secrets of this place. In a way of that won't end in a loss.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15425 on: June 14, 2014, 08:47:15 pm »

I actually think that he actually wants to punish us from being creative in those little things that would piss off any structured GM, like the whole drilling idea. We could have died there, if we hadn't evaded the robot.

Or maybe that was a reward, with all those rubies. Or maybe he wanted us to get greedy and summon blue chick b grabbing her weapons. So far I see that as a failed attempt to cause our doom.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15426 on: June 14, 2014, 08:54:51 pm »

To be fair, we rolled a one on a d20 to hide from the bot. Chances are if we had rolled anything but, our chances would of been better 'cause then Cherish and Al would of beat on the door some more. The one kinda nulled that from meaning anything however.

Really, he encourages us to strike away from the trodden path because each time we do, he leaves little tidbits of info that may not seem useful at the moment, but help unlock a bigger picture. Like when we forced open the door to the mercenary area, or his description of the utterly lifeless dirt.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 08:57:06 pm by Xanmyral »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15427 on: June 14, 2014, 09:15:08 pm »

Really, he encourages us to strike away from the trodden path because each time we do, he leaves little tidbits of info that may not seem useful at the moment, but help unlock a bigger picture. Like when we forced open the door to the mercenary area, or his description of the utterly lifeless dirt.
None of us were really expecting to see the OS' prison, but with the Lifeless dirt, Ciro has more or less said before that no life enters the Warrens unless it stumbles in or is swallowed up.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15428 on: June 14, 2014, 09:15:33 pm »

As someone who knows FFS's actual views on viewer control of the story, I find this very amusing.
It's FEF, not FEOF

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15429 on: June 14, 2014, 09:23:33 pm »

Go to DL2

+1

+1

*whistles innocently*
Yes, +1

Compelling argument. +1
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15430 on: June 14, 2014, 09:26:23 pm »

As someone who knows FFS's actual views on viewer control of the story, I find this very amusing.
Heh, I know them, he sees the players as Co-GMs. I was just trying to make a retort for a posture that I don't actually agree with as a way to cotribute to the sillyness in my own way. Because I suck at jokes otherwise (I actualy voted a +1 on listening to the GM's whims)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15431 on: June 14, 2014, 10:33:16 pm »

Go to DL2

+1

+1

*whistles innocently*
Yes, +1

Head to Storage.

Store some stuff, including:
DL3 Boss Key
Headband
Vial
Fusion Scroll
That ice spell Goom-Bess has
That flower Slog has
Other stuff people decide we won't need

Transfer Stream Rubies and perhaps Polar Eye to people in Active Party.

You are now Al.

You have some strong suspicions about the nature of the Warrens. You have these strong suspicions because you are a strongly suspicious person, in every sense of the phrase. You would, more than anything, like to get to the bottom of this Chief business, but that's a dead end. He could be anywhere by now. Instead, you're going to look for clues and information on DL2. Yet -- yet you can't run off and leave the party mid-dungeon. They'd get suspicious. OK, what about this:

You don't actually have a stash. Or a basement.

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

wop wop wop

You re-enter DL2.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 10:37:19 pm by freeformschooler »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome:
« Reply #15432 on: June 14, 2014, 10:34:48 pm »

greaaaaaaaaaat who have we murdered offscreen again

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #15433 on: June 14, 2014, 10:35:51 pm »

Reading that update, I got the Oric tip #60. "You will all die to a Sibling's hands. Finally, the aberration will be mine." Ominous.
greaaaaaaaaaat who have we murdered offscreen again
Proxxy, probably.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15434 on: June 14, 2014, 10:40:18 pm »

Dang. We shoulda cast Bulwark before we came here and shenanigan-ed MP again. Oh well.

Cast Bulwark. Investigate blood.
Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 1544