Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1062 1063 [1064] 1065 1066 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3739534 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome:
« Reply #15945 on: July 06, 2014, 08:49:01 pm »

My left fox ear gets a ring earring.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #15946 on: July 06, 2014, 08:56:15 pm »

We didn't do much with Al other than face Cain.

And we voted not to kill him; maybe he's sore about that? It could be as simple as choosing Proxxy over him and Riltia. It could also be that whatever clued Al in to the nature of the Warrens (and by extension Ciro and the Voices) happened during his offscreen adventures on D:3. After all, it was during those adventures that "Last" got added to his Registrar. If we ever catch up to Riltia we'll need to ask her about it, if we can't come up with a more clever way to ferret it out.

Big ol' hint about the lights in the void, methinks; they're somehow related to oppressing the Last Seraphim.

Do we have any clue what Betweenford's first two mistakes were? Because it seems his third, potentially fatal decision is to support Al as the new King.

Al seems to recognize Betweenford, implying they met before. They never met onscreen, so they must have met offscreen; the only time we weren't observing Al was on D:3, which coincidentally is also when he became "Al the Last."

"My third decision will be my last."
"Al the Last."

If true, it could be that the reason Al does not trust us is because of things that Betweenford told him, which puts the Angels firmly in the "Them" of "Us versus Them." Which is interesting, because it also seems like Betweenford is trying to break the cycles...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15947 on: July 06, 2014, 09:05:12 pm »

The Warrens of Oric the Awesome is an illustrated 2D dungeon crawler suggestion game that got completely out of hand. Who are we? What's going on? Dear gods what is THAT? Should we have prevented that senseless death? Just how much of these walls can we loot?

Come join us for page after page of us theorizing on why we still don't know the answers to any of these.

Big ol' hint about the lights in the void, methinks; they're somehow related to oppressing the Last Seraphim.
Ooh, good point. Of course, it might be hard to tell where Seraphim Suppression ends and Optimal Operation begins.

Do we have any clue what Betweenford's first two mistakes were? Because it seems his third, potentially fatal decision is to support Al as the new King.
A better question might be what his mistakes could have been. If they're random acts of treachery or incompetence with no particular importance outside the cycles they occurred in, there's probably not going to be any way for us to tell. If they're still causing issues... well, what have we seen that could have been traced back to a rogue/loyal seraph?

Also, bear in mind that Al's suspicious by nature. Not telling us doesn't necessarily mean he's against us, as such.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15948 on: July 06, 2014, 09:08:46 pm »

Is TWoOtA even 2D? It's sometimes 2D one way, and sometimes 2D in a different way. That's pretty close to 3D. It's not quite 3D, but I feel like we shouldn't be emphasizing the 2D-ness of it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15949 on: July 06, 2014, 09:11:53 pm »

It's a 2.5D.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15950 on: July 06, 2014, 09:14:08 pm »

I probably shouldn't, actually. It's 2D for some parts and 3D or at least 2D with a jump command in others. I'm not sure if that averages out to 2.5D or what.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15951 on: July 06, 2014, 09:14:48 pm »

The Warrens of Oric the Awesome is an illustrated 2D dungeon crawler suggestion game that got completely out of hand. Who are we? What's going on? Dear gods what is THAT? Should we have prevented that senseless death? Just how much of these walls can we loot?

Come join us for page after page of us theorizing on why we still don't know the answers to any of these.

best one so far

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15952 on: July 06, 2014, 09:16:09 pm »

2.42D?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #15953 on: July 06, 2014, 09:25:29 pm »

Clearly, the Warrens takes place in 4 dimensions; most of the time, only the X and Y axis are visible. During some sections, such as Underside, the Y axis becomes hidden, and the Z axis becomes visible. Being submerged causes the X and Z axis to become visible, as well as an additional dimension that I've dubbed the W axis. I classify it as another axis since it has a different appearance as compared to the Y axis visible in the Warrens. Of course, a case could also be made for the X axis visible in Underside being distinct from the X axis visible in the Warrens, therefore making the Warrens take place in 5 dimensions.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15954 on: July 06, 2014, 09:27:40 pm »

The Warrens of Miegakure the Confusing?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #15955 on: July 06, 2014, 09:32:55 pm »

best one so far

+1, much to my relief.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #15956 on: July 06, 2014, 09:40:04 pm »

best one so far

+1, much to my relief.
+1, seems about right.
Take a closer look at this text!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15957 on: July 06, 2014, 10:35:36 pm »

We were clued into this abit.
The Chains could be the interconnecting structures I usually called vents.
The Lights are the Soul-Bindings glowing.
The big machines connect the OS to an OS

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #15958 on: July 06, 2014, 10:42:39 pm »

Should we simple attempt to destroy everything? Law of Averages would make it so we'd eventually [REDACTED] something up in the cycle, especially if we unleash... HIM.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15959 on: July 06, 2014, 11:20:54 pm »

Deliberate destruction seems counterproductive.
Oric probably would kill us with extreme prejudice because that's expensive.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 1062 1063 [1064] 1065 1066 ... 1544