Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1134 1135 [1136] 1137 1138 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3738149 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: headmounted slogalarm
« Reply #17026 on: October 26, 2014, 03:13:51 pm »

Back to theorycrafting I guess?
Newford's letter was most interesting. My theory is that throughout the cycles the Warrens aren't run by one guy and a team of siblings, but that they cycle out, while angels go through a similar cycle of training the next gen.

Oric wasn't supposed to run the Warrens, and Betweenford's mistake was picking him, so my guess is that he's overstaying there and the higher powers want him out, so they let Betweenford pick a new guy for the job (read: the Target, Ciro as per Auntie's letter). Oric knows there's a new guy coming, so he orders everyone to kill the Target so they can't overthrow him.

Further guesses is that whenever Ciro is killed, it's the angels who bring him/her back to life independently from Oric's wishes.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #17027 on: October 26, 2014, 03:23:27 pm »

Well that pretty reasonably gives us the reason Oric wants the Target dead: The target's going to be his successor. Oric doesn't want to have a successor.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17028 on: October 26, 2014, 03:34:56 pm »

Well that pretty reasonably gives us the reason Oric wants the Target dead: The target's going to be his successor. Oric doesn't want to have a successor.

Unless Oric is ready to retire, and wants to ensure that his successor will be capable of doing the job.  Hence why he didn't kill Ciro himself, but is stacking the deck against Ciro.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17029 on: October 26, 2014, 03:38:56 pm »

Read my last statement. Most likely is that Oric doesn't want to be relieved, so he puts a hit on the Target, but the Angels revive him with the reserved machine they have in the greens, and put him back on the start.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17030 on: October 26, 2014, 03:58:27 pm »

Read my last statement. Most likely is that Oric doesn't want to be relieved, so he puts a hit on the Target, but the Angels revive him with the reserved machine they have in the greens, and put him back on the start.
but there are more LSS's than the one in the greens. To revive each of the Siblings, including Target.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17031 on: October 26, 2014, 04:09:23 pm »

But the one in the greens is in the Angels' domain. Remember that Newford didn't need to rhyme, and when we looked up?

This is just me speaking out of my ass, but if Ciro was a former sibling, he/she could have known about the other LSSs. After being chosen by Betweenford to become the successor, Oric designated Ciro as a target and got a new sibling: Riltia.

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17032 on: October 26, 2014, 05:05:46 pm »

Now one has really dealt with Al and Cherish's soul stars.  Betwenford said that the eighth and ninth lights were glowing now.  That corresponds to the first interactions with Al's soulstar, the Illborn Exchange, and Cherish's soul star, which was used to revive Ciro.  I think that means Cherish and Al are more important to this whole mission than we have been giving them credit for.  If not them, then what other two things added to seven previous are there?

Spoiler: Also (click to show/hide)
  Goom-bess, who must have some amazing intuition to figure out things from monsters with a few turns observation, says its like staring into a greater power.  Yet she can tattle on siblings just fine.  I'm thinking the lights in the void are soul stars, but these are separated from illborn (preventing the destructive powers of becoming a willborn) and used to fuel the whole of the Warrens, as Oric was tasked to do according to Cain's story (which seems to be a deal with the devil trope, including the modern variation where the mortal outwits the devil).  Hence the Illborn have no ill effects from passing through the void  Just because Oric defeated the cherubs doesn't mean that the soul energy stopped flowing.  That's also why the Warrens picks up people and even entire places: to power the Warrens.  Consider Proxxy's Boss room being bereft of power when we got there.  I'm thinking Yaos's transformation disrupted the power flow somehow.  (BTW, in related but less firm guessing, I think Yaos's sin was related to keeping the soul star when Yaos entered the burrow, but I lack enough evidence to prove or disprove this.  This would also call into question how the chief got Al's soul star.)  Based of FFS's description of the lights constantly going on and off, I doubt we are supposed to link the lights with something specific, that's just us over-thinking the challenge. 

Thus my answer to #5 is that The lights are souls powering the systems of the Warrens, specifically Proxxy's DL2 system, hence the resemblance to circuits.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #17034 on: October 26, 2014, 05:40:33 pm »

Put the dark thingy and the festive element in skill tree
+1

Show them the letters!

+1, Charecter Development is just as important as Plot Development!

So we'd make either a Nightmare Before Christmas Reference or something Halloween Theme?

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17035 on: October 26, 2014, 05:42:40 pm »

The lights are souls powering the systems of the Warrens, specifically Proxxy's DL2 system, hence the resemblance to circuits.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121809.msg5046569#msg5046569
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:45:32 pm by javierpwn »

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17036 on: October 26, 2014, 06:17:44 pm »

The lights are souls powering the systems of the Warrens, specifically Proxxy's DL2 system, hence the resemblance to circuits.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121809.msg5046569#msg5046569

Cain's DL, since he has no control over it, does not have direct power like Proxxy's DL does.  Instead, there is Oric's Anti-Magic field that he imposed over the level.  So, DL3 is not absorbing souls.  Instead the power would be coming from Oric's level.  I would think if we had somehow looked at the void during our encounter with Proxxy, the lights would have been missing or acting differently at that time.  I can't muster up evidence confirming this, but I do think the different vision is tied to the different level.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17037 on: October 26, 2014, 08:23:42 pm »

Maybe the question is really "What is magic?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #17038 on: October 26, 2014, 08:26:04 pm »

"What is magic?"
♪Baby don't curse me♪
♪Don't curse me♪
♪No more♪
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17039 on: October 26, 2014, 10:56:06 pm »

Quote from: The Void in the link posted
433unfitflu reditoutfourthsiblingstheweaponshehasto auntiewillgiveyouacookie

It also talks. Or at least conducts voices.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 1134 1135 [1136] 1137 1138 ... 1544