Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1190 1191 [1192] 1193 1194 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695453 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BOT AT THE BALL
« Reply #17865 on: December 01, 2014, 06:17:10 pm »

Has the similarity between the names Oric and cirO wormed its way into the plot yet? It seems like something that wouldn't be ignored completely...

WE named Ciro, near the very beginning of the game for that very reason.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17866 on: December 01, 2014, 07:05:34 pm »

My first attempt at theorycrafting.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #17867 on: December 01, 2014, 07:15:25 pm »

The above seems likely, though note that gender isn't really a big thing as far as identifying somebody goes in the Warrens, since anybody with a few fountain pence to spare, or who dies and is revived, can change gender.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17868 on: December 01, 2014, 09:10:49 pm »

The above seems likely, though note that gender isn't really a big thing as far as identifying somebody goes in the Warrens, since anybody with a few fountain pence to spare, or who dies and is revived, can change gender.
unless you're a giant horror that devours souls. then you don' have fountain pence. especially when you're imprisoned and mutilated

also, the fact that rex means king is likely a distraction to throw us off.  Unless Rex is that one cherub who messed with Riltia's soul.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17869 on: December 01, 2014, 09:48:48 pm »

unless you're a giant horror that devours souls. then you don' have fountain pence. especially when you're imprisoned and mutilated
I didn't mean that the Last Seraph was buying gender swaps nor abusing reviving mechanics; just that gender changes are really really easy in the Warrens, and ultimately he vs. she doesn't really mean much.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17870 on: December 01, 2014, 10:43:18 pm »

My first attempt at theorycrafting.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND Done.

Good enough.

We have a winrar!

javierpwn and heydude6 were the only ones I could find who put together compilations of information about this theory, but I likely missed someone. In any case, plenty of peope have debated it and come up with correct information. I thought this was a really interesting theorycraft contest because, despite the answer being almost useless, it got people talking about the main plot.

Spoiler: Lord and King (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 04:00:25 pm by freeformschooler »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17871 on: December 01, 2014, 10:51:13 pm »

Presumably, the Vain Crescendo is Ecco's soul star, so we should most definitely not all hold our soul stars any time soon (Only possible if Riltia was moved to passive party, but still).

On an unrelated note, FUCK YES WE FINALLY GOT A WINRAR ON THAT ONE!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17872 on: December 01, 2014, 10:59:53 pm »

So, we unlocked a special skill for Ecco, of all people?

...I guess this means we're probably going to recruit Ecco, at least? Or get one of his items?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17873 on: December 01, 2014, 11:03:20 pm »

So, we unlocked a special skill for Ecco, of all people?

...I guess this means we're probably going to recruit Ecco, at least? Or get one of his items?
We also apparently increased Proxxy's max charge for one of the earlier ones. Also, we increased our max soul charge, which makes it harder for us to go into OVERSOUL. I don't think these "rewards" are necessarily good things.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17874 on: December 01, 2014, 11:09:56 pm »

That'd be appropriate FFS GM trolling if all these "rewards" hindered us.

Joking aside, we just need to figure out how to use them correctly.

We also apparently increased Proxxy's max charge for one of the earlier ones. Also, we increased our max soul charge, which makes it harder for us to go into OVERSOUL. I don't think these "rewards" are necessarily good things.

Given all the stigma attached to Oversoul, do we WANT to enter it?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #17875 on: December 01, 2014, 11:15:57 pm »

Huh. We have exactly 0 theories on who REX is

Quote from: MEMOR-E

ORIC descends the ladder to DUNGEON LEVEL 2 to face off with his final foe: the SERVANT SERAPH. With his hard-won skills, smarts, and loot, he is prepared for the last challenge... or so he thinks. Featuring cameo appearances by REX and VI.
Quote from: Newford Letter
I asked Betweenford, and he said that someone else was originally supposed to take over Warrens. He said that was his first mistake. He also said that putting Oric in charge was his second!

Theory: REX is Cain, who Betweenford initially chose to run the Warrens. Something happened sufficient for this choice to be termed a "mistake" (probably related to Cain being a raving lunatic, but maybe he went nuts after the betrayal) with the result that Betweenford chose his brother Oric instead. Ultimately, of course, this resulted in most of the devils/seraphim getting killed on Oric's last rampage; Betweenford's second mistake. Now it looks like he wants Al to be the new King, which may be his Last mistake.

I'm still interested to learn more about the nature of the original Siblings; who were they, why/how did they find the Warrens, and how many of them were there (we know that there's at least 7 now, including Chief, but we also know that Sinful killed a bunch, possibly as part of his plan as King.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17876 on: December 01, 2014, 11:21:19 pm »

We could always just GIVE him the weapon

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17877 on: December 01, 2014, 11:22:44 pm »

Could we make a deal with a shopkeeper to sell it to them and buy it back later at a higher but set and mutually agreed price?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #17878 on: December 01, 2014, 11:37:15 pm »

We could always just GIVE him the weapon

Do we actually know what, exactly, the weapon even is? Other than inside us all along?

I'm gonna laugh really hard if it's the Ring of Sexy. Just saying.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17879 on: December 01, 2014, 11:52:46 pm »

Not for certain, no- just that it's something in the possession of the current party, and not on Riltia.  That said, it's almost certainly one of the Soul Stars we have on us.

My guess is the Illborn Exchange.  Why?

1) Last Seraph's Lifeline
2) It's been hidden for a while; the Chief had it for unknown reasons.  We're not sure who the Chief favors, but he certainly has an agenda.
3) This.

The Astral Influx and A. Catalyst are both possibilities.  The latter had been chilling in that pod in the Greens for an unknown, but potentially very long, period of time.  The Influx for reasons that are pretty obvious.
Pages: 1 ... 1190 1191 [1192] 1193 1194 ... 1544