Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1191 1192 [1193] 1194 1195 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3743935 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BOT AT THE BALL
« Reply #17880 on: December 01, 2014, 11:54:51 pm »

For goodness sake guys, THERE IS NO WEAPON! That was just another one Cain's many lies towards ECCO. Now the question is, what are Cain's motives? Does he want us to kill ECCO or does he want ECCO to kill us? Maybe he wants ECCO to kill Al?

Either way an alliance would certainly go against his wishes.

Ps: I can't believe I got a WINRAR on my first theorycraft! Especially since I was expecting to have to connect the last Seraph to the oversoul. After all there is a bit of evidence supporting the theory that The Lord is the oversoul.

I also find it Ironic that I thought getting The Lord wrong was what was preventing us from getting WINRAR and thought that we had the king nailed. Who would have thought it was the other way around.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17881 on: December 02, 2014, 12:05:02 am »

If there's no weapon, why is he now convinced we have it AND it's right here?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17882 on: December 02, 2014, 12:10:51 am »

I think there's a weapon; Ecco's obsessed with it, Yaos was trying to find one, and I think a few other characters have remarked on it? Also, I find it interesting that Ecco's new skill requires us to be alive.

Ask Ecco if he has any new passive traits.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17883 on: December 02, 2014, 12:13:09 am »

We could just ask.

Ask Ecco why he wants the weapon.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17884 on: December 02, 2014, 12:17:32 am »

I think there's a weapon; Ecco's obsessed with it, Yaos was trying to find one, and I think a few other characters have remarked on it? Also, I find it interesting that Ecco's new skill requires us to be alive.

+1

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #17885 on: December 02, 2014, 12:20:03 am »

Nah, Cain was wise to the Weapon before he even thought of sending us to Ecco.

Note this was after he asked the rest of the party to step forward, making it less likely to be the Influx or anything on Ciro's person.

Yaos was looking for a weapon, too; maybe Cain was jerking Ecco's chain about us having it,  but if multiple parties are independently searching for it then the odds are there's something they're looking for. I do wonder what Cain's motive for telling Ecco that we have the Weapon is, though.

Surely Cain could predict Ecco's response if persuaded that we possess the Weapon- maybe he just wanted us to get attacked, but from the way he phrased his request it sounds like he wanted information. The question is, what would Cain learn from siccing Ecco on us? Something as mundane as assessing our power level/power of the Weapon? Perhaps something to do with Al and/or Cherish's backstory? Cain doesn't seem like an "idle curiosity" kind of guy, so whatever he wanted to learn might have implications for Cain's imprisonment or Oric's survival.

We could just ask.

Ask Ecco why he wants the weapon.

To kill Oric, obviously.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17886 on: December 02, 2014, 12:39:21 am »

Wait, when did this happen?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 2busy4u
« Reply #17888 on: December 02, 2014, 12:47:32 am »

It's unscrambled info from when we Scanned Spira.

Oh wait damn ninja'd by ffs.

Good summary of the game, though!

I was not expecting this

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17889 on: December 02, 2014, 12:22:45 pm »

The more I think about it, the more I think we should try to negotiate with Ecco.  He wants Oric dead, for the stated reason that he doesn't want to go along with the cycles cycling.  If anything, that's a side for cycle breakage.

Negotiate with Ecco, while running if necessary.  We both oppose Oric; must he wield the Weapon himself or can we act under his command?

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17890 on: December 02, 2014, 12:34:37 pm »

The more I think about it, the more I think we should try to negotiate with Ecco.  He wants Oric dead, for the stated reason that he doesn't want to go along with the cycles cycling.  If anything, that's a side for cycle breakage.

Negotiate with Ecco, while running if necessary.  We both oppose Oric; must he wield the Weapon himself or can we act under his command?

+1

(but with tactical diplomacy)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:11:31 pm by fractalman »
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #17891 on: December 02, 2014, 01:03:12 pm »

+1
Coulda sworn I'd suggested this, but I can't find it now. +1.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17892 on: December 02, 2014, 03:26:46 pm »

Thing is, my only problem with these plans is that I'm pretty sure you can only pull them off if you activate tactical diplomacy.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17893 on: December 02, 2014, 03:35:43 pm »

Nah, we can also do dice-based diplomacy, and our sexy ring helps with that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17894 on: December 02, 2014, 04:40:48 pm »

I swear we had to do tactical diplomacy AND roll a nat 20 somewhere to recruit Proxxy; FFS himself said that if we'd made even one mistake somewhere, we would have failed.

Nevertheless, +1 to tactical diplomacy to recruit Ecco
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1191 1192 [1193] 1194 1195 ... 1544