Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1323 1324 [1325] 1326 1327 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3721549 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: DL3.2
« Reply #19860 on: April 29, 2015, 04:48:26 am »

Oh god, we're becoming more meta and developing personalities now, aren't we?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #19861 on: April 29, 2015, 06:26:14 am »

Clearly the only option for Cain's Theme music is not actually mentioned. I think he needs more Old-Timey Skirt chasing music for his Theme.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19862 on: April 29, 2015, 07:02:09 am »

Has it occurred to nobody...

Encryption method: There is a counter which starts at thirteen and is reset to that on a >. On a +> the counter increments by one, on a -> the counter decrements by one. If the counter is > 13 after changes (possibly greater than or equal to 13) then increment by the counter. Otherwise subtract by one. If this fails, run this again, but with the -> being increment the counter and +> being decrement. If both fail, combine the two results somehow. This is my best guess so far. Try it out, I'm too lazy to do it myself.

Proxxy: Turn around and view the fourth wall.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19863 on: April 29, 2015, 07:03:38 am »

Clearly the only option for Cain's Theme music is not actually mentioned. I think he needs more Old-Timey Skirt chasing music for his Theme.
Only if it includes an electric triangle solo.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19864 on: April 29, 2015, 09:54:10 am »

Get close to Polydectes,  prepare to whisper into his ears, do the iconic "SIX SINISTER SIBLINGS OF ORIC AWESOME" as he bends down to listen, skedaddle out of there, play Memor-E

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #19865 on: April 29, 2015, 10:18:00 am »

Get close to Polydectes,  prepare to whisper into his ears, do the iconic "SIX SINISTER SIBLINGS OF ORIC AWESOME" as he bends down to listen, skedaddle out of there, play Memor-E
-1, let's not get broomed. Also, still don't have the Memor+-E
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #19866 on: April 29, 2015, 10:54:04 am »

Go right?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19867 on: April 29, 2015, 12:36:43 pm »

Tell Polydectes that the Voices in your head thank him for providing exposition on the Voices in your head.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19868 on: April 29, 2015, 12:46:00 pm »

Well then! So we know there were three Soul Stars made with the power to control the Warrens; Oric's gives him dominion over the Angels, Ciro's gives him the collective power of everyone who has ever died in the Warrens (a power that increases every cycle) and the third, unconfirmed Soul Star seems to be Al's, with the power over Illborn. Of course, if the Astral Influx truly gives its wielder the power of the combined memories of everyone who's ever died (seemingly confirmed by the times Ciro's gone all blue and glowy) it makes you wonder if there's some kind of power limiter in place by the OS to keep us from carrying memories between cycles.

I wonder if Yaos's memories are somewhere within us, or if the complete destruction of his Soul Star also completely destroyed his memories. Actually, we should ask about this.

This also explains why escape from the Warrens is impossible for us; we kinda are the Warrens.

Also I'm not sure if Proxxy is trolling us for not solving her puzzle, or if she was delivering that message under the influence of a third party (e.g The Last Seraphim.)

-1, let's not get broomed. Also, still don't have the Memor+-E

No one has ever had the Memor-E, suggesting that it is an item too intrinsic to have an inventory space (like clothing, it has no inventory space because then it could be removed.) It could be that the Memor-E was added to our collective spirit, and any PoV character can thus access it. I think it's worth a try.

First, though, Polydectes seems to have a wealth of forbidden knowledge of the Warrens, so as long as we have him here let's ask him some more questions.

"Do memories persist if a Soul Star is destroyed?"
If nonmeaningful answer, "What do you know about the void between dungeon levels and the lights within?"
If again nonmeaningful answer, +1 Cool Crab whereabouts
If again again nonmeaningful answer, +1 Memor-E
If Memor-E doesn't work, the only avenue for advancement is to Go Right from the Warp Room (Enter RD3[3,2])

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #19869 on: April 29, 2015, 12:53:16 pm »

+1 To asking about the whereabouts of Cool Crab.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19870 on: April 29, 2015, 01:11:05 pm »

Has it occurred to nobody...

Encryption method: There is a counter which starts at thirteen and is reset to that on a >. On a +> the counter increments by one, on a -> the counter decrements by one. If the counter is > 13 after changes (possibly greater than or equal to 13) then increment by the counter. Otherwise subtract by one. If this fails, run this again, but with the -> being increment the counter and +> being decrement. If both fail, combine the two results somehow. This is my best guess so far. Try it out, I'm too lazy to do it myself.

Proxxy: Turn around and view the fourth wall.
No? Maybe not. That encryption... there must be something we're missing... +1 for Memor-E.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19871 on: April 29, 2015, 06:58:10 pm »

So if the soul stars are consumed in order to bind the Last Seraphim, and holy is more effective against seraphim, does that mean that concentrating the power of many soul stars into a single holy one would be useful, and that the utility of one's own soul star would be extremely limited if one did not want it consumed?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19872 on: April 29, 2015, 10:47:37 pm »

So if the soul stars are consumed in order to bind the Last Seraphim, and holy is more effective against seraphim, does that mean that concentrating the power of many soul stars into a single holy one would be useful, and that the utility of one's own soul star would be extremely limited if one did not want it consumed?
Well, each star has SOME sort of utility. It's just less cycle breaking and more steam for Oric's Metaphorical Locomotive to create Illborn.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19873 on: April 30, 2015, 02:29:41 am »

But wait, since TWOOTA has never been played before, doesn't that mean this is the first cycle?  And therefore the Astral Influx is powerless?

Proxxy: Suddenly remember that the Greens is out of power

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19874 on: April 30, 2015, 07:36:47 am »

Well, each star has SOME sort of utility. It's just less cycle breaking and more steam for Oric's Metaphorical Locomotive to create Illborn.
+1 to remembering what Oric's soul star does. Metaphorical Locomotive could actually be a Star...
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 1323 1324 [1325] 1326 1327 ... 1544