Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1324 1325 [1326] 1327 1328 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695641 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: DL3.2
« Reply #19875 on: April 30, 2015, 08:50:24 am »

So if the soul stars are consumed in order to bind the Last Seraphim, and holy is more effective against seraphim, does that mean that concentrating the power of many soul stars into a single holy one would be useful, and that the utility of one's own soul star would be extremely limited if one did not want it consumed?
Well, each star has SOME sort of utility. It's just less cycle breaking and more steam for Oric's Metaphorical Locomotive to create Illborn.
+1 to remembering what Oric's soul star does. Metaphorical Locomotive could actually be a Star...
read the solution to the "Who Owns Soul Star" theorycrafting.
But wait, since TWOOTA has never been played before, doesn't that mean this is the first cycle?  And therefore the Astral Influx is powerless?

Proxxy: Suddenly remember that the Greens is out of power
Go reread Ciro revival and TMNS-120 Flashback.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19876 on: April 30, 2015, 01:38:04 pm »

Hm. In light of recent events, coupled with a reread of javierpwn's Theorycraft, I think that we are the lights in the void.

I also had a half-baked theory about the Lights in the Void being the captured souls of the Last Seraphim's Sinister Siblings, but I think this one is better.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19877 on: April 30, 2015, 01:53:43 pm »

Nice. Also it got me thinking a little. The Soul Star shown by Polydectes looks much like a bonfire, the Astral Influx is a wisp of a flame.
The Influx isn't at it's full potential, and we must upgrade it.

WormArmy

• Bay Watcher
  • I am in fact.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19878 on: April 30, 2015, 03:07:08 pm »

+1 to remembering what Oric's soul star does. Metaphorical Locomotive could actually be a Star...

Railroad plot confirmed!
my dream is that twoota readers build up an unnatural fear of hollow rectangles that follows them for the rest of their lives

You can't call a man a slimeball if he doesn't rat... and you can't call a slimeball a rat cuz he can't talk. But he always knows. Always.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19879 on: April 30, 2015, 03:07:56 pm »

((I'm going to make one last stab at the encryption later today. Counter...))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19880 on: April 30, 2015, 03:11:07 pm »

((I'm going to make one last stab at the encryption later today. Counter...))

Please do. It's basically Theorycraft #7 right now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19881 on: April 30, 2015, 03:57:29 pm »

... does thinking... looks at first Proxxy post... activates mind...

INCREMENT LETTER WHEN COUNTER GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO 13
DECREMENT LETTER WHEN COUNTER ANYTHING ELSE
COUNTER START AT THIRTEEN, RESET ON >

Possibility one: decrement letter to previous half, increment by one or possibly value greater than thirteen: nope. Tried and failed on first Proxxy post.
Possibility two: decrement letter by one, increment to previous half and possibly add value greater than thirteen: nope. Also tried and failed. This is so confusing.

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19882 on: April 30, 2015, 05:30:54 pm »

... does thinking... looks at first Proxxy post... activates mind...

INCREMENT LETTER WHEN COUNTER GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO 13
DECREMENT LETTER WHEN COUNTER ANYTHING ELSE
COUNTER START AT THIRTEEN, RESET ON >

Possibility one: decrement letter to previous half, increment by one or possibly value greater than thirteen: nope. Tried and failed on first Proxxy post.
Possibility two: decrement letter by one, increment to previous half and possibly add value greater than thirteen: nope. Also tried and failed. This is so confusing.

I think it's either two messages or a red herring, since either the location of the orange letter matters (in which case I can't see how the identity of the orange letter matters) or the identity of the orange letter matters (in which case I can't see how the location of the orange letter matters).  Either that or it's effectively impossible, since while the method to encrypt it may have been procedural it may have stripped away so much information that the method to reverse the encryption can not something that can realistically be determined just with the data at hand.  See also Kryptos part 4.

wait that gives me an idea

goddammit

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19883 on: April 30, 2015, 05:37:31 pm »

F*cking cliffhangers....
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19884 on: April 30, 2015, 05:47:01 pm »

F*cking cliffhangers....
well, I'm just thinking it's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigen%C3%A8re_cipher with an encryption of nopqrstuvwxyz and a variable key (of length 13, modified by the +es and -es).
I'm not sure exactly how that translates into this but it feels right.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 05:48:38 pm by RanDomino »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19885 on: April 30, 2015, 06:01:05 pm »

Try it, but what would the +> and ->'s have to do with it then? Edit: facepalm.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:08:04 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19886 on: April 30, 2015, 06:11:55 pm »

Try it, but what would the +> and ->'s have to do with it then?
I'm thinking that we have to do something like take the orange letter number (14-26) plus or minus the cumulative plusses or minuses since the last > and then count that many letters starting from the orange letter to get to a different letter (the first two letters I've come up with doing this are d and n), then somehow decode this new string.  Or maybe start the count (13 plus or minus whatever) at the next line to generate the string.  Or maybe any number of other things, chosen essentially at random from a nigh-infinite list of possible encoding methods.
If it's anything remotely like this it could be layered any number of times and the only way to know would be to go through each possibility manually, with no indication along the way that you're on the right track (or how long the track is) until you stumble on a sensical plaintext string.  I don't care that much.  I'll wait for the next Did You Catch It?.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19887 on: April 30, 2015, 06:23:45 pm »

Yeah I'm trying some of the simpler ways and assuming a single layer of encryption and I'm just getting gibberish, so I give up.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19888 on: April 30, 2015, 06:59:19 pm »

"your dead pals" disrupt the Last Seraphim.
So in order to release the last seraphim thus break the cycle thus win the game, all we need to do is to become dormant ie. stop posting. Would that solution generate a sufficient quantity of player's tears upon which the malevolent one would feast?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19889 on: April 30, 2015, 07:10:21 pm »

Hm. In light of recent events, coupled with a reread of javierpwn's Theorycraft, I think that we are the lights in the void.

I also had a half-baked theory about the Lights in the Void being the captured souls of the Last Seraphim's Sinister Siblings, but I think this one is better.

Woop woop!

We have a winrar!

monk12 and javierpwn, working together, have got at the essence (dohoho) of the question.

Spoiler: The lights in the void (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:15:20 am by freeformschooler »
Pages: 1 ... 1324 1325 [1326] 1327 1328 ... 1544