Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1361 1362 [1363] 1364 1365 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3727554 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: stupid fanfic contest
« Reply #20430 on: May 25, 2015, 09:55:59 pm »

Great lookin' screenshots, FFS.

Questions! In what ways is TWoOtABorn's gameplay going to differ appreciably from the Pokémon franchise? Does that Wispy Wood give us a sample of what the Illborn Exchange can do, presumably when it's fed a Wisp and a Wood Essence?

There's a condensed version of the Essence system in place. See here.
The final stretch was two months ago? :P

Edit: Well, this is an interesting poll.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20431 on: May 26, 2015, 02:22:42 am »

I love how the fewest votes are for DL3
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #20432 on: May 26, 2015, 02:14:19 pm »

-1 to dancing

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20433 on: May 26, 2015, 02:37:31 pm »

-1 to dancing
Why.....?

-1 to the -1.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20434 on: May 26, 2015, 07:52:58 pm »

Umm... guys...

Spoiler: Very Important (click to show/hide)

If you look at the symbols in the pic... we see the soul star symbols of the known soul stars for the Sinister Siblings, the Target, and Al, but... there's an unknown. Right after the Mechanic's symbol there's a soul star symbol we haven't encountered before. Seeing as the other soul star symbols shown are all of main characters, that odd one might prove to be very important.

And another thing less likely to be right: I think this pic might accurately predict the Sibling for each dungeon level. Assuming the counter starts at 2, we have

Proxxy, (oh. That could be Cain's soul star!), Ecco, Floe, Target, Riltia, Oric.

From this little pic we've figured out Cain's soul star image and the dungeon level order! If I'm correct, that is.

Please someone argue with me so I can be proven wrong. This just seems so unlikely...
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #20435 on: May 26, 2015, 08:09:35 pm »

True, that's probably Cain's Claw. I don't think we've seen an image of that one yet. The count also works out for D:8 to be Oric's level. Still a bit weird that D:1 doesn't have a level boss in this case, but then again we've never been back there; perhaps you can never go back to D:1 for some reason.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20436 on: May 26, 2015, 08:25:58 pm »

As it stands, Riltia is either the boss of DL1 or DL7.

I'd say DL1, as she appeared there and had the most in common with that floor. (She and the floor were a blank slate)
or the last Seraphim is still the owner of DL1 and all this speculation is useless on my part
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:29:34 pm by javierpwn »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20437 on: May 26, 2015, 08:47:57 pm »

Here's some bizzaro for you to choke on: DL1 used to be a different number entirely.

What, you say? Why?

Memor-E. In the blurb for the Memor-E cartridge, it says "Oric descends the ladder to dungeon level 2 to confront his final foe, the servant seraph"

Something's up with that. Suppose, for an instant, that before Oric reformed the Warrens the floors were arranged like this-

DL3, DL4, DL5, DL6, DL7, DL8, DL1, DL2. After all, Oric must have gone through all the other Seraphs and the Last Seraphim, so if his final foe is the Servant Seraph, then DL2 must be at the bottom. After gaining control of the Warrens, Oric reformed the DLs to however it was now. So yes, DL1 may actually have been the owner of DL1. Of course, this may just be incorrect. Of course, we can't know for sure until we visit Dungeon Level 7 and the others remaining. For that matter, it could have been DL8, DL7, DL6, DL5, DL4, DL3, DL2, DL1 instead or something. I really don't know. But at least now we know Cain's soul star symbol.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20438 on: May 26, 2015, 09:03:03 pm »

Well, not weird at all.
Oric started from DL8, and kept ascending until DL1 (killing all the Seraphs), where he either went back to DL8 to make a deal with the LS(unlikely), or the LS was there to greet him on DL1.
Servant Seraph was his final foe because there was no one left to slay but the Last Seraphim, which he had plans for.
Making DL8 the "bottom" of the Warrens. And DL1, the "top".

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20439 on: May 27, 2015, 06:49:10 am »

Which makes it all the more curious that we started on DL1... well. Remember the Angel Statue on DL1? The Last Seraphim works through that to kill Riltia. After all, Riltia used to be one of the Last Seraphim's allies until she betrayed her to join Oric.
So DL1 very well could have been the Last Seraphim's dungeon level... if we're going to get to the Last Seraphim, we're going to need to revisit that level- a lot. Because as we know, difficulty on dungeon levels increases every time we redo it. Eventually some sort of boss is going to show up.
Generic Arms Race.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #20440 on: May 27, 2015, 11:59:22 am »

It's been a long time since we've seen DL1. We should pay a visit some time. Probably after clearing Dl4
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #20441 on: May 27, 2015, 12:21:55 pm »

We might not be able to. There wasn't a checkpoint up there, and it doesn't seem like there's a stairway up from Cleared DL2. I think our only potential way of returning is if Proxxy's room survived the clearing, and if there's an exit into DL1.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20442 on: May 27, 2015, 12:24:45 pm »

There was a teleporter in the "huge pit of lava and searchbots" room.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20443 on: May 27, 2015, 02:08:12 pm »

Correct, from what I know- but we have to find where that teleporter went to... a very difficult task.
Generic Arms Race.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #20444 on: May 27, 2015, 02:09:52 pm »

Proxxy can change teleporter coordinates, can't she?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 1361 1362 [1363] 1364 1365 ... 1544