Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1532 1533 [1534] 1535 1536 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3730132 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: *SUDDENLY APPEARS*
« Reply #22995 on: February 24, 2017, 12:18:38 pm »

Yeah. I even did voice work for it, but it's hidden :v
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #22996 on: February 24, 2017, 03:44:17 pm »

*sigh* I'll add Undertale to my list of future addictions.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22997 on: February 24, 2017, 03:51:14 pm »

Seriously though, there are so many questions I have about this, and ffs has pretty much left this ffs.

Spoiler: Explaining the joke (click to show/hide)
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22998 on: February 25, 2017, 06:49:17 am »

I've attempted to bring it back a few times but I just don't have time with all my other projects plus working full time now. Funny, twoota used to be the thing I pushed other things off my plate to make room for. Plus I just don't know that my heart is in it anymore. Sorry guys.

Maybe there will be a forum game here that supplants twoota for everyone and then we can just move on. Maybe that is already even here right now, I mean twoota started out as silly stick figure joke game.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: *SUDDENLY DISAPPEARS*
« Reply #22999 on: February 25, 2017, 07:38:55 am »

I've attempted to bring it back a few times but I just don't have time with all my other projects plus working full time now. Funny, twoota used to be the thing I pushed other things off my plate to make room for. Plus I just don't know that my heart is in it anymore. Sorry guys.

Maybe there will be a forum game here that supplants twoota for everyone and then we can just move on. Maybe that is already even here right now, I mean twoota started out as silly stick figure joke game.

Before you posted, FFS, I was going to remind folks that running these kind of games is hard. Especially given the volume of art, writing, and game-mechanic content that went into this. If you add on other projects to juggle, and the varied concerns of adult life, something like this is no small task. Maybe the most important point of all, though, is this. Working on for-fun projects doesn't always bring you closer to your goals... and over time, a hobby like this can start to feel like a big expenditure of effort, just so the audience can enjoy themselves at the expense of your other goals. Of course, there's plenty of intrinsic value in entertaining people. Creating an environment in which people can have a good time doesn't need to be justified. Still, folks are mortal. Our time is a limited resource. Like anyone else, content creators need to decide the most fulfilling and constructive use of their time and emotional/creative energy.

So yeah... If you're formally signing off on this project, freeform, I completely understand, sympathize, and support you. I also think it's totally understandable that folks continue to celebrate Warrens, such as it is. The effort and energy you put into this weird cool quest thing is obvious, given the amount of love and appreciation you continue to get back from the audience. You can even take some pride in having built one of the major long-term creative efforts that have come out of this community. Speaking personally, that sort of spirit is one of the reasons I've stuck around in this community for as long as I have.

Anyway, I'm glad you've got the courage to follow your heart, even when it means recognizing that your heart's not in a project anymore. I can't imagine admitting that to die-hard Warrens fans is easy, either. Here's hoping that you keep making cool stuff in the future; stuff that you can appreciate, as much as the folks in your audience can. Best of luck to you, buddy, thanks for your time and effort, your honesty, and mostly for helping make this community what it is. You done a good thing.

EDIT: I just realized. The first piece of fan-art I did for anything was for this suggestion game. Granted, it was colossally shitty because I had no idea what I was doing back then, so if anyone was thinking of looking it up please don't. But... yeah, just wanted to share that memory. :3
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 07:50:11 am by Solifuge »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23000 on: February 25, 2017, 08:00:49 am »

... You know, I really wish there was a hall of fame for forum games. I mean, RTD has one, why can't the forum games and roleplaying have one? Yes it does have a list of games, and that daily voting thing Roseheart made, but it's just not the same as a proper hall of fame.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23001 on: February 25, 2017, 08:43:29 am »

It had a few attempts. They always failed.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23002 on: February 25, 2017, 10:02:40 am »

Why did they fail?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #23003 on: February 25, 2017, 11:22:46 am »

Make one.
Awesome With Autism

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23004 on: February 26, 2017, 05:11:24 pm »

ha-HA! Seems after reading these 1534 pages that I'm not yet too late to make Slog the most important character (which always has been anyways, but whatever) !.. when/if this returns at least. Anyways, don't worry too much about it ffs, I'm sure everyone understands. I myself used to run several suggestion games (although not on this forum, it was on MSPA forums, before they got hacked) and I had to abort most of them for the same reasons, more or less.

Either way, this was awesome. Thanks for making it !

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23005 on: March 18, 2017, 10:56:39 am »

I just want to know the answer to the Proxxy cipher.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23006 on: March 18, 2017, 08:03:32 pm »

Removed~
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 10:29:41 am by freeformschooler »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: rip twoota
« Reply #23007 on: March 18, 2017, 08:22:30 pm »

no rip twoota

C'mon, I just got here!  :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23008 on: March 18, 2017, 08:41:05 pm »

Removed~
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 10:29:59 am by freeformschooler »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23009 on: March 18, 2017, 08:48:55 pm »

Did you have fun turnip wrangling?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1532 1533 [1534] 1535 1536 ... 1544