Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 110505 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #705 on: June 14, 2013, 09:54:07 pm »

I would not want to be sitting behind the wheel of the car when it gets hit by an oncoming god... Also, the god may have sense enough to wait for someone actually offensive to enter the temple before using up its curse. So the random drunk, or more likely homeless immigrant, might be given a magic mark of some sort and given the impression that looting the temple would be a whole lot of fun. Finally, possessing someone might be a bit tricky if they have a curse, a werewolf, for example, might end up with both their, presumably weak, human mind, and a, probably similarly weak, as it presumably came from the host, but likely faster and more brutal, animal mind... Still, destroying its mind and keeping its body locked away for emergencies wouldn't be a bad thing...
I'm...not quite sure what you're trying to say here. I think you're describing some potential dangers and ways to avoid them...I think it makes sense...um, +1?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 14, 2013, 11:30:58 pm »

It is always a pleasure to be indecipherable.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 15, 2013, 03:54:28 am »

Still, destroying its mind and keeping its body locked away for emergencies wouldn't be a bad thing...
Also, having a mad werecreature locked in the closet could well end up giving a nosy adventurer a fun time.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 15, 2013, 07:34:16 am »

Still, destroying its mind and keeping its body locked away for emergencies wouldn't be a bad thing...
Also, having a mad werecreature locked in the closet could well end up giving a nosy adventurer a fun time.
Especially if it was a heavily locked closet with a sign on it saying "DO NOT ENTER".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 15, 2013, 04:54:52 pm »

Especially if it was a heavily locked closet with a sign on it saying "DO NOT ENTER".
Or even better, SELF DESTRUCT BUTTON that releases it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 15, 2013, 04:56:59 pm »

Or even better, SELF DESTRUCT BUTTON that releases it.
No, a "SELF-DESTRUCT LEVER" than opens a trapdoor that drops you into a pit with it!
That would probably provide sufficient food for the werewolf.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 15, 2013, 05:14:05 pm »

Well, it uses a cliche to our advantage so I like it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 15, 2013, 07:09:38 pm »

Unless they can detect deceptions. A lever that drops a werewolf might technically function as a self-destruct device... But realistically, a werewolf with its mind extracted is probably just going to be free experience points...

P.S.
 Also, if it can be controlled, a werewolf is a pretty good tool. If folk know what the werewolf is, and don't catch it, then they are likely to go into witch-hunt mode...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 15, 2013, 07:18:51 pm »

Unless they can detect deceptions. A lever that drops a werewolf might technically function as a self-destruct device... But realistically, a werewolf with its mind extracted is probably just going to be free experience points...
No, the other way around. Drop the adventurer in with the werewolf.
Also, not entirely serious.

P.S.
 Also, if it can be controlled, a werewolf is a pretty good tool. If folk know what the werewolf is, and don't catch it, then they are likely to go into witch-hunt mode...
Even if it can't be controlled, it's still useful...as a threat, if nothing else.
Sig

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 15, 2013, 08:50:35 pm »

No, the other way around. Drop the adventurer in with the werewolf.
Also, not entirely serious.

P.S.
Even if it can't be controlled, it's still useful...as a threat, if nothing else.
Putting a werewolf at the bottom of a pit and having a level labeled self destruct drop the puller into the pit seems like a good way to catch stupid adventurers. Or ones not genre savvy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 15, 2013, 08:51:33 pm »

Given my cynicism, stupidity seems like a likely option...
Sig

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 15, 2013, 09:07:56 pm »

Putting a werewolf at the bottom of a pit and having a level labeled self destruct drop the puller into the pit seems like a good way to catch stupid adventurers. Or ones not genre savvy.
Well, we could institute a system of crude lifts, then have a "lift" with an Authorised Personnel Only sign on the door, and when you pull the lever you drop down into the werepit.

Given my cynicism, stupidity seems like a likely option...
The ones we've met so far haven't been all that impressive.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 18, 2013, 03:28:08 pm »

Going into the city, it wasn't hard at all to find a volunteer for the "curse". More people then you'd think have a fetish for werewolves. Personally, when the gods created mortals, you will never understand the weird thing they do when they think or see something seemingly random.
Mortals are weird.
You went with somebody that won't be missed, as the parents gave you the boy. They just want to see him every once in while so they can document the changes. Why they decided their son would be willing for this is beyond you, but you won't complain.
It's a frail-looking kid, looking about 12 years old. As a werewolf, the age will not matter.
Once you are out of sight, however, you need to hold the boy tight to avoid his escaping. Fortunately, it isn't too hard. The boy is weak.
So they really did just decide that for the kid. You'd consider that terrible, were not it for the fact that the title of this crap is "you are an EVIL entity".

When you get to the temple, you explain what you need. Namely, that he goes in there and claims this place. You make up some bogus story about how this is needed for your cult, yadda yadda. The kid wasn't told about his incoming lycantrophy.
He enters the place, and does the instructions to the letter, though a bit hastier then you'd like. He messes up the sign, and manages to cut himself but the effect is all the same.
A flash of light, horrifing screams that slowly turn into animalistic whining, yadda yadda. You go in there and throw a net over the kid. Then you cultists come in and place get th cage ready. Seeing how he's in fetal position, it isn't hard to get him in there.
So now you have a temple and a werewolf. What are you going to do with it? the temple, I mean. The werewolf will be a trap somewhere.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 18, 2013, 03:49:54 pm »

Get to a place where no one can hear us. CACKLE EVILLY WITH DRAMATIC GASEOUS EFFECTS.

Proceed to get this place up and running. Paint it purple, maybe, or ask Putrilibus if he'd like anything while we're at it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 18, 2013, 06:53:02 pm »

Put has plenty of temples, I want this one to be ours! Get some nice quarters and a study designated for our high priestess. Probably rot the surrounding vegetation. Get a classy poison-themed altar for yourself. Round up some poisonous critters and have them fed regularly on temple grounds. Encourage cultists to worship frequently. And set to work on some nice, well-hidden catacombs underneath...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 89