Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 109260 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #690 on: June 08, 2013, 07:38:22 pm »

Yeah, we shouldn't have to run something like that personally.  Either have our minions set one up and run it or if there is already one around, extort the person who owns it and force them to pay us a percentage of their profits to stay in business.

I feel like we're getting a little off track though.  Invite in one of the wizards sent over by the wizard guild.  Talk to him real nice and while we're doing that have our cultists sneak up behind him, grab him and tie him up.  We'll politely inform him that as rude as this may seem, its just proper procedure to ensure that this isn't some sort of assassination or infiltration attempt.  Question him a bit, knock him out and search him for the wizard calling card.  When he wakes up, apologize for the inconvenience and tell him he passed the test and can work for us now.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 08, 2013, 08:17:08 pm »

That could go terribly terribly wrong. Think scrying and teleportation and horrible horrible burning things as soon as we make a move. Or just scrying and then they follow everyone who was involved in the incident for the next few days. Ask the necromancer about scrying!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 11, 2013, 01:06:40 pm »

You move the discussion towards scrying, and learn that the necromancer knows almost nothing about it. He can tell you, however, that it's impossible to scry a living target without something to ancor the scrying. Usually, a gem of some kind. Gems are very accepting of magic, but some very skilled magi can do it with everyday objects, and the most experianced of all can perform it upon one of their organs. It's very dangerous to do so, however, and enchantments do things to your bowels if done wrong. So you can probably expect to be watched if you interrogate the wizard.

So, you decide to wait on molesting some random wizard so you can focus on making buddy-buddy with some alcoholic midgets with acces to a poison that sets your liquids on fire. they are quite accepting of allowing a dwarf to work for you, as one of the nearby fortresses has grown large enough that they can have dwarves leave and make a life for themselves rather then make the haul rocks for 50 years of their life before being upgraded to being allowed to figure out how the former doctor used to fix bones.
No lack of volunteers, but you'll have to wait for a month or so for the caravan to make a round to them, unless you send someone that is able to convince them. Sending the leader of a group is considered honorable and speeds up any bit of diplomacy for dwarves. It's also because they can kill the king of the elves easily that way.

Learning that a fortress is nearby is worrying though, because despite not falling easily, they fall HARD. The age of emptyness was once caused by a single fortress unleashing hollisctic spawn, once. The mortals of this world do not know about that occurance, and the universe has been rewritten since then.  Still, even gods fear a good fort. So try not to be close when it falls.
Still, they have good stuff. You love stuff.
What now?

For that matter, the fire plant will not seem like a fireball, as it sets your liquids aflame. The arrow makes it too obvious.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also of note, I asked a friend of mine to try and draw the solid form of our Entity. I'll try to get it up here as soon as it's finished.
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 12, 2013, 04:26:37 pm »

...There are holistic spawn? Ok, we need to stay the FUCK away from those. And from whichever fortress is the one they are currently attacking. Especially spearbreakers, railguns are not good for minions. At least, if used on them.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 12, 2013, 09:23:55 pm »

Hrmm, lets go find some remote temple to reconsecrate.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 13, 2013, 10:20:14 am »

Idk...  Finish healing?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 13, 2013, 10:26:39 am »

I like the temple idea. We caould find a pace far away from the city, where nobody will bother us, while keeping a base of operations in the city

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 13, 2013, 08:48:50 pm »

Lets get a dwarf first though.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 14, 2013, 02:35:01 pm »

After you finally finish healing those last wounds (in just a single second, thanks to the priest) and try to find a new temple to go to.
Unfortunately (or fortunately) those are never without their curses. So one cultist will end up with a curse when you enter that. Just one though, the gods aren't THAT anal about this. It should be a werecreature curse, seeing how it's the goddess of the hunt we're bothering.
you decide to wait on that, and get a dwarf from the fortress first. The journey to the fort does not take long, as there is very little to stop you along the way. When you get close to the fort, the typical things have happened already. The nearby land-scape is blackened and burned, there are more corpses here then you'd think, etcetera etcetera

When you enter, you are met with the most stressed person in the world, from the look of things. He has bloodshot eyes, an unkempt beard, pale skin, and he vomited when he came outside to meet you. Although it didn't seem to bother him much.
The language barrier between mysterious Scottish and common language is quickly broken, and they would gladly send along a dwarf. A young cheese maker that they don't want around is free, and soap maker who's begging you to take him along before they fire up operation BFC. You take both along, seeing how all dwarves can learn at a magnificent rate, and any manpower you can get is good.

So, will you still mess with a temple, knowing you'll have to deal with a werewolf that may have varying amounts of loyalty?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 14, 2013, 02:40:58 pm »

Ask for volunteers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 14, 2013, 03:38:58 pm »

And if anything, we can just end up killing him.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 14, 2013, 05:26:14 pm »

I want a pet werewolf.  It seems like a great idea to make one.  We should also start training the dwarves in stuff.  Like blacksmithing and crap.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 14, 2013, 08:30:25 pm »

We won't sacrifice a cultist. We will sacrifice some random douchebag roaming in the city. Maybe we can just find a drunk person and convince him. Also, do the curse falls over the body, or over the soul? If it is the first one, we can just possess someone (again, random drunks are encouraged) and let him be cursed for us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 14, 2013, 09:26:09 pm »

We won't sacrifice a cultist. We will sacrifice some random douchebag roaming in the city. Maybe we can just find a drunk person and convince him.
How do we know that drunkard won't ruin/steal/sabotage stuff?

Also, do the curse falls over the body, or over the soul? If it is the first one, we can just possess someone (again, random drunks are encouraged) and let him be cursed for us.
Which solves that problem. If it's the body, +1.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 14, 2013, 09:47:22 pm »

I would not want to be sitting behind the wheel of the car when it gets hit by an oncoming god... Also, the god may have sense enough to wait for someone actually offensive to enter the temple before using up its curse. So the random drunk, or more likely homeless immigrant, might be given a magic mark of some sort and given the impression that looting the temple would be a whole lot of fun. Finally, possessing someone might be a bit tricky if they have a curse, a werewolf, for example, might end up with both their, presumably weak, human mind, and a, probably similarly weak, as it presumably came from the host, but likely faster and more brutal, animal mind... Still, destroying its mind and keeping its body locked away for emergencies wouldn't be a bad thing...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 89