Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: But you were SUPPOSED to be friendly D:  (Read 2488 times)

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: But you were SUPPOSED to be friendly D:
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 07:38:27 pm »

I'm pretty sure were-things will still trigger traps even in their "friendly" form. So I'm pretty sure they're still enemies of your civilization as soon as you've found out they're a were-thing. So your dwarves will treat him as an enemy, even if he's listed as "friendly" and behaves in a friendly manner.

Interestingly, this does not seem to apply to members of your civilization. I had a were-something militia commander. He was friendly, and could be treated like a normal dwarf except during his "time of the month." I'm not sure what would have happened if he'd killed somebody as a were-thingy, though. The dwarves might not have been as accepting after that!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
Re: But you were SUPPOSED to be friendly D:
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 05:16:51 am »

They do. Werebuffalo Human arrived at my very same fort earlier (as human). Woodcutters job cancelled. Steps on a trap, caged.

Apparently werebuffalos are building destroyers, tried destroying my artifact floodgate with artifact mechanism that is for access into my…err…arena. Which had gobbos (and a ‼gobbo‼, don't ask) serving as marksdwarf practice at the time. When it turned, goes up to my floodgate and just stops, correct distance for building destroying, and just stops. And stands there until a ☼«≡iron bolt≡»☼ tears up the brain.

Off-topic: I got my Caps Lock key to act as a Compose key. It is very fun.
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.
Pages: 1 [2]