Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Building Plan Plugin [Update: Auto allocate rooms to noble positions]  (Read 39549 times)

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Building Plan Plugin: Now with material & quality filters
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2014, 02:01:00 am »

The latest version of this plugin now allows you to auto assign specified rooms to noble positions. For example, you can set a room to be a Mayor's room; the plugin will periodically check it's owner and if they are not the Mayor, or it is vacant, it will be assigned to the current Mayor, if any.

To use it, first assign the room to the dwarf that has the appropriate position. Now when you query the room you will have the option to enable automatic assignment for that position. If that dwarf has multiple noble positions, they will all be listed and you can assign to one of them.

Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Building Plan Plugin [Update: Auto allocate rooms to noble positions]
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2014, 02:23:12 am »

The link to the r4 version, for those who want it: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8166
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mkaito

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2014, 06:04:10 pm »

Hey, I doubt this is the best place to post about this, but I have no clue where else I'd put it, and it certainly doesn't warrant a new thread.

I'm just curious as to why nest boxes can't be placed in planning mode. Is this deliberate, a bug, or are they just special and can't be planned?

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2014, 07:13:26 pm »

I don't recall if there was a problem with them, but I expect I just didn't include them in the list of furniture. It shouldn't be too difficult to add if someone wants to do so, I just don't have the time unfortunately.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2014, 02:41:48 pm »

Hey, would it be simple to include hatch covers in this plugin? If not I understand. It's just lately I've been making plans with hatch covers instead of doors.

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2014, 03:37:40 pm »

Sure, Hatchs are important when you want to have more vertical and hence connected forts and if you like nanoforts, using hatchs in the design is a must.

::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

Spacebat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2016, 06:32:01 pm »

I don't think this is working with the latest version of DFhack and Dwarf Fortress.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2016, 04:43:32 pm »

I don't think this is working with the latest version of DFhack and Dwarf Fortress.
Yes it is. It's been included in DFHack for 0.42.03 and 04, and most versions for 0.40 as well. (There was a point where Falconne's changes hadn't been merged into the plugin in the DFHack repo, but that's no longer the case.)

Do you mean there's an issue with it? It would be better to report issues in the DFHack thread, since this thread doesn't see a lot of activity.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2016, 04:49:10 pm »

Hey, I doubt this is the best place to post about this, but I have no clue where else I'd put it, and it certainly doesn't warrant a new thread.

I'm just curious as to why nest boxes can't be placed in planning mode. Is this deliberate, a bug, or are they just special and can't be planned?
Hey, would it be simple to include hatch covers in this plugin? If not I understand. It's just lately I've been making plans with hatch covers instead of doors.
Hatches are supported now. Nest boxes are a bit strange to deal with because they're "tools", and the plugin only works with items with unique types - attempting to do this without some bigger changes to the plugin would probably result in placing hives, nestboxes, and maybe even minecarts and wheelbarrows interchangeably, which probably isn't a good thing. Grates, bars, and floodgates have weird display issues, so those won't be supported unless they can be fixed somehow.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Saladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2016, 06:36:27 pm »

Auto-allocate seems to be broken in 42.05.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2016, 06:39:54 pm »

Meaning rooms aren't re-allocated after some time?
It's better to post in the DFHack thread, by the way - I'm watching that thread (and this one), but not the threads for all of Falconne's plugins. Since most of the development on them is happening in the main DFHack repo now, it's easier for us to notice issues that are reported in the DFHack thread (although https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/ is even better, if you can).

Saladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2016, 07:56:08 pm »

I'm not sure what the timeframe is for reallocating. I'll test it tomorrow and post on GitHub if it's actually broken. I did wait for it to reallocate for quite a while though.

Brienne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2016, 01:10:49 pm »

StaerPack 4.43.03-r02

Got a virus alert with DwarfMockup-1.2.0.exe -> "Zbot.ANBS", Trojan Horse spoted by AVG.

Normal ?  :o

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2016, 10:06:13 pm »

DwarfMockup is entirely unrelated to this thread. In fact, you already posted in the correct thread five minutes earlier. I replied here, for reference.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2017, 10:41:05 am »

Kind of a necro, but I suppose it goes best into this thread:

How would I make buildings linked to buildingplan in other (lua) scripts?

I've managed to create unknown material armor stand with job_items specifying any in play item that is building material, and then add persistent data storage item for buildingplan based exactly expect for buildingid on a basic planned armor stand placed by this plugin.

However, while resume plugin does give that green X icon, checking with q the buildingplan's item filter plugin menu doesn't pop up. What am I missing?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]