Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Building Plan Plugin [Update: Auto allocate rooms to noble positions]  (Read 39712 times)

mordrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Building Plan Plugin: Now with material & quality filters
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2013, 11:36:34 pm »

Even on 15ms, because it's a DF generated macro with all command posibilities, it takes 1 sec to designate one piece of furniture. my rooms have about 5-6 pieces of things in it (5-6 secs) per room on 15ms delay. times 200 rooms... so 15ms is already pretty slow, we're talking hours of designation unless i manually alter the macros, strangely, digging doesn't seem to have the same problem

my system is pretty new, 3.3ghz overclocked to 4.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 11:44:05 pm »

There's obviously some weirdness that happens with the use of AutoHotKey and input handling from DFHack. I can't understand why as there should not be any visible difference from an external point of view. I guess I'll have to say that QF support is experimental in the plugin and probably won't work for most people.

When I get in the mood I'll probably just look at the QF file format and reimplement it in DFHack. That is, make a plugin that can parse QF csv files and change the map directly rather than mess with keystrokes.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2013, 03:16:10 pm »

@falconne - that would be fantastic. QF is currently the main tool for this, and i think a lot of folks have QF blueprints already!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2013, 10:33:47 pm »

Just a note: if you see the bug where the planned buildings stop getting filled in, can you run the following command on the dfhack console:

Code: [Select]
buildingplan debug on

Then unpause, let it run for about a minute and send me the text output that gets dumped to the dfhack console?

Incidentally, the workaround seems to be to exit Dwarf Fortress entirely... when you load the game from a clean start the planned buildings will start filling in again. You shouldn't need to cancel everything. However, get the debugging first... because I won't be able to replicate the issue from a save.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 10:36:58 pm by falconne »

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2013, 01:50:23 pm »

Hey Falconne, I am playing DF again and using your pluggins on R3, running into some issues with Quickfort and the planning tool.  I read the other posts and see that it is experimental, but it is so close to functional that I am hoping I can get it working.

It works perfectly fine for me if I have all of the items premade, but the planning tool is breaking down because of conflicting keybinds with the planning mode settings and building types.  What seems to be happening is that as quickfort tries to execute the macro, instead of placing a 'cabinet' (f) it turns off planning mode, and then the next cabinet turns planning mode back on.  Instead of placing a door it will sometimes place a door, and sometimes turn on 'decorated only'. 

Is it possible to move the keybinds for the planning tool OFF of the lettered keys, so that it doesn't conflict with actual construction keybinds?

IisMichaels

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2013, 11:43:15 am »

I was having the issue as well where dwarves were not placing bedroom items (bed, cabinet, chest) even though I had them in stockpile.  Unfortunately, I pretty much just closed my game before actually reading this thread.  Next time it happens I can run the debug command, now that I know it exists.

Noobshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2013, 08:03:50 am »

Building planner won't place my limestone cabinets that I have sitting pretty in my stockpile :( tried saving and reloading, still doesn't seem to pick them up.

I'll try to run debug.

Noobshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2013, 11:51:10 am »

Oh mybad I meant coffers.
Maybe this is helpful at all, but whenever planner doesn't work, aka the dwarves not picking up the furniture to install it in the designated spots, it almost always seems to involve coffers. I even had a crash once trying to place a coffer with planner enabled. I wonder if that's related to the variety of available items when it comes to containers, typically I'll have bags lying around etc. But even when I set the coffer to a specific material, I seem to have problems.

Never had an issue with beds or cabinets so far.

Raven3113

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2013, 01:07:02 am »

Just to second Arumba's suggestion, I was having an issue placing furniture myself, not that I couldn't, but that the beds, cabinets, and doors were coming up in odd places not mirroring my excel sheet. Well I hit Alt+D in an undug area and noticed the toggling of quickfort mode when I placed a cabinet and Toggling the decoration setting instead of a door. So yeah, quickfort and your planning plugin are using the same keystrokes to do two different things. May i suggest using shift+d and shift+f?

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2013, 05:55:41 am »

Building planner won't place my limestone cabinets that I have sitting pretty in my stockpile :( tried saving and reloading, still doesn't seem to pick them up.

I'll try to run debug.

Do you still have the save where the coffer placement isn't working, or any where you can reproduce it? I thought I'd tested placing coffers... maybe there's some condition making it work in my test game.

Just to second Arumba's suggestion, I was having an issue placing furniture myself, not that I couldn't, but that the beds, cabinets, and doors were coming up in odd places not mirroring my excel sheet. Well I hit Alt+D in an undug area and noticed the toggling of quickfort mode when I placed a cabinet and Toggling the decoration setting instead of a door. So yeah, quickfort and your planning plugin are using the same keystrokes to do two different things. May i suggest using shift+d and shift+f?

I'd meant to do this a while back but forgot. Will do for the next update. Can you point me at a QF template I can use to test the fix on?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:58:15 am by falconne »

peepers

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2013, 10:56:28 am »

I was recently having the same bug where things placed in planning mode were not being built. This was happening with chairs, tables, and beds(I didn't try anything else). I saved my game and closed DF. When I restarted the game and loaded in, everything that was previously not being built immediately started building.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2013, 08:13:42 am »

In my latest update I've made all the building planner hotkeys uppercase, so hopefully this prevents interference with Quickfort. I'd appreciate any test results from anyone using QF.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2013, 09:11:05 pm »

After sorting out a few issues  - can't place doors away from a wall, or tables outside, etc - the version in 0.36 worked beautifully with quickfort.  I'll finally be using all the build-phase blueprints that I never bothered with before! 

Thanks, PTW, and I'll come back and post if I get any issues on larger blueprints.  The issues so far have all been on the QF side, so I'm not expecting anything :)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2013, 10:24:13 pm »

Thanks for the update. Good to know that's finally resolved.

qdt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2013, 07:18:09 am »

Could slabs get a special case? I would love to setup an area with engraved slabs planned. Just the basic for now. In the future it would be neat to have a filter for different professions of civs. I don't think it would be possible to determine military/noble.

Thanks for releasing these hacks.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4