Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 397292 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #735 on: February 11, 2013, 12:13:00 pm »

She never attacked his kids. Just offered them an alternative. And that the point she will try to prove to other gods. That Az-Sho is clearly mad and should be destroyed as Murate was
'Offered an alternative' sounds much less horrible than 'addicted them to narcotics then attempted to justify it by saying their dad is a bad guy'. Just saying.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 11, 2013, 12:26:39 pm »

Nah, she just called them slaves, because for her following direct orders of gods is a form of slavery.  She never said a bad word about Az-Sho in her speech.  And narcotics is a good thing, as anything else that gives pleasure. She expect that they are smart enough to not overuse that fire

Even if that was an attack ( Vanida would never agree with that) retaliation is too asymmetric to be called a justified revenge. So you shouldn't be surprised that this attack = war forever.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 11, 2013, 12:30:12 pm »

Nah, she just called them slaves, because for her following direct orders of gods is a form of slavery.  She never said a bad word about Az-Sho in her speech.  And narcotics is a good thing, as anything else that gives pleasure. She expect that they are smart enough to not overuse that fire

Even if that was an attack ( Vanida would never agree with that) retaliation is too asymmetric to be called a justified revenge. So you shouldn't be surprised that this attack = war forever.
I'm not surprised this lead to war, but I never actually told them to do any of this. I just gave them the means to do so.
Also, if following the direct word of a god is bad, does that not mean that all your followers are horrible?
And no, the fire narcotic thing will backfire horribly. Anyhow, I'm gonna plan on how to kill you now. No offense.
Sig! Onol

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 11, 2013, 12:56:29 pm »

Also, if following the direct word of a god is bad, does that not mean that all your followers are horrible?
Vanida never forced anyone to follow her ( she may and will punish mortals for doing things that she views as horrible, but that's a different thing)
Neither she turned entire race into abominations to fit her tastes, nor she will go to kill all of the other gods followers if some other god will try to convert her followers. Neither she expects that her followers would ever kill heretics ( Her priests would be warned, then punished)
Oh, and brainwashing is 100% treating "children" like slaves
All is Vanida's logic

Anyhow, I'm gonna plan on how to kill you now. No offense.
Same. Not for OOC reasons but because for Vanida Az-Sho is a pure evil from now on

I quite expected that my god will be attacked by a more powerful beings to not allow me to grow in power too much( I quite suspect that your attack has 99% OOC reasons, as you obviously  plan to expand into the territory protected by the Red Sisterhood.) and death isn't serious problem  for me. What I hope that even after death my actions would influence the story further   (BTW, speaking about OOC destroying entire population of amazons is... quite sad for me)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 11, 2013, 01:00:49 pm »

No, my attack is IC. I didn't mean for my children to ban your religion, and I was ready to live and let lie, but then you essentially gave heroin to a group of kids, so I had to retaliate.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 11, 2013, 06:13:51 pm »

Now I'll try to get an ally or two, unfortunately all younger gods are still weaklings, no one to form pantheon with... Others have no good reasons to help Vanida, except, maybe , stooping a mad snake that attacks other gods with nearly zero reason
Come up with a deal and we might be able to find a solution. Az-Sho has burnt my forests and slain my drakes...Neyravah may be convinced to give Their aid.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 11, 2013, 06:14:35 pm »

Now I'll try to get an ally or two, unfortunately all younger gods are still weaklings, no one to form pantheon with... Others have no good reasons to help Vanida, except, maybe , stooping a mad snake that attacks other gods with nearly zero reason
Come up with a deal and we might be able to find a solution. Az-Sho has burnt my forests and slain my drakes...Neyravah may be convinced to give Their aid.
Actually I only slew your drakes. I'm tending your forests currently.
Sig! Onol

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 11, 2013, 06:15:51 pm »

Hey, I could use soem help with Neyrevah. I'm looking at the gods that I made pact wth.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 11, 2013, 06:17:36 pm »

Hey, I could use soem help with Neyrevah. I'm looking at the gods that I made pact wth.
Next turn I'll fix your leg. That was my fault, so I might as well fix it.
Also, got a new idea for a god to talk over.
Sig! Onol

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 11, 2013, 06:20:35 pm »

I'm just trying to make the world a better place! By destroying the sun! Or stuff like that......Maybe I'll make a Backwards sun... It creates Darkness and Engulfs Light....

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 11, 2013, 06:46:45 pm »

Actually I only slew your drakes. I'm tending your forests currently.
The reason I made the flamoaks was because the dwarves were chopping down tons of forest. It's mentioned that habitat loss was a major cause of the extinction of clawdrakes.
Those don't happen without...perhaps not literally burning, but destruction nonetheless.

Next turn I'll fix your leg. That was my fault, so I might as well fix it.
Also, got a new idea for a god to talk over.
How? You can't see him. Udil was given the "blessing" of being immune to any god-given boons.

I'm just trying to make the world a better place! By destroying the sun! Or stuff like that......Maybe I'll make a Backwards sun... It creates Darkness and Engulfs Light....
Sure, if you wanna go like Mutare.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 11, 2013, 06:49:47 pm »

Udil called out to me; pretty sure that means I can see him, if not grant him boons. Ah well.
Can you really blame my children for hunting them, though? At least we domesticated the Soultaken. We treat them well.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 11, 2013, 06:52:51 pm »

Can you really blame my children for hunting them, though? At least we domesticated the Soultaken. We treat them well.
The Soultaken were still sentient! They really shouldn't have been robbed of wit and reason! YOUR DWARVES ENSLAVED THEIR OWN KIND!
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 11, 2013, 06:54:22 pm »

The Soultaken were still sentient! They really shouldn't have been robbed of wit and reason! YOUR DWARVES ENSLAVED THEIR OWN KIND!
They are by no means dwarves any longer. Plus they already got domesticated; I can't do anything about that.
I renamed them Dragonborn, if that helps.
Sig! Onol

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 11, 2013, 06:58:09 pm »

Exuse me, but there are no dwarves but my kind. az-sho's people are dwarves no more, they are creatures of fire. BTW, I have created dwarven civilization, so i would apprecieate if you stopped blaming them for shit they didn't do. I still have things to sort out with one god...
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 379