Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400550 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #2235 on: February 26, 2013, 04:59:11 pm »

I need to make DarkDrakes...To honor Neyhahrabshdjdsiha

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: February 26, 2013, 05:00:05 pm »

Well, Elf, the Dwarves are not reliant on the Jungle one bit...so no problem for them. Besides the Slave Animals have already been removed and are being bred. On another note the Jungle was an ecological aberration, the continent will live on very well without it...the only ones who could possibly lose are the Children of Az-Sho....

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: February 26, 2013, 05:00:59 pm »

Question, are the shades at absolute zero or do they have a selective event horizon micrometers from their skin that prevents light from escaping?
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: February 26, 2013, 05:01:17 pm »

Wait, Az-Sho? Well, crap.

Also, the whole "fucking up world=what the hell man" thing.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: February 26, 2013, 05:04:40 pm »

Well, Elf, the Dwarves are not reliant on the Jungle one bit...so no problem for them. Besides the Slave Animals have already been removed and are being bred. On another note the Jungle was an ecological aberration, the continent will live on very well without it...the only ones who could possibly lose are the Children of Az-Sho....
Wait why?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: February 26, 2013, 05:16:13 pm »

Question, are the shades at absolute zero or do they have a selective event horizon micrometers from their skin that prevents light from escaping?
Just assume that they are an event horizon... At absolute zero

Because I created themthey probably just engulf things to kill them(or use their super strength/agility)

They also don't have skin, or organs;just darkness, or the embodiment of how creatures see darkness
(Dear god, I just made BogeyMen)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 05:20:01 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: February 26, 2013, 05:51:35 pm »

Feros saw the last fangdrake fall. And he saw not only a loss, but an opportunity. He spoke to it's slayer, Gren Garnsson.
'And as the old way falls, a new will rise, and the strong prevail. Such is the way of the willds. Now I ask you, do you forsake them or embrace them? Do you relish the hunt and the change, or do you long for stasis and perpetuality? If it is the latter, i can do no more for you. If the former however....... I would speak with you.....'
...I changed my mind, I wanna be this guy. IF possible.
Mind if I point out the parallels between this dwarf and Udil?

Assuming she thinks it's a really good idea to attempt to kill the god of knowledge. Even if she succeeds, she'll probably end up insane from the resulting mental overload.
Vandia has shown...questionable judgement at times. Besides, as you have admitted and your actions have broadcast, you are weak.

IamanElfCollaborator,
Stop calling yourself Switzerland. No one messes with them not because they said "we are neutral" but because they have a nice army and a defensible terrain. Germans during WW2 had plans to invade Switzerland but decided against it, because fighting with one of the best armies in Europe in mountains is a bad idea
I already said that to him. He didn't listen.

As for cowardice, Corvus is a pacifist. It's against his own beliefs. I'm not calling myself Switzerland, I'm aspiring to it. Don't confuse cowardice with pacifism and dislike of war.
How could you be Switzerland without the mighty Swiss army? (It's not just the knives that make them scary, you know.)

Also, I would appreciate it if you would stop insulting everything I do. If you hate my playstyle that much, then PM me. You have no IC reason to kill Avarian. Avarian has not even interacted with Aodun. Avarian has not even made his desires public. Don't mix IC with OOC. This behavior is why I left Bay12 for a few months in hopes of people acting better. I'm sick of people bullying me around in here and everywhere else in life.
I have to agree. If Avarian was being a divine troll, or Firelordsky was threatening gods OOC, or something, this might be fine...but he isn't. He's trying to be a good Overgod.

Well crap. If there's now random godslaughtering, then we're all screwed, pantheon or no pantheon.
Not if we take down the godslaughterer by working together.

Poor drakes... This word is cruel to all lizards (((
Agreed. Although I might be a little biased...

Ignorant Dwarves!
And ungracious, among many other adjectives.

At least some of the Clawdrakes are still alive...
Not enough to maintain a breeding population. Not even close.

UDIL: 2 Neyravah & Co.: 0
The first victory was when Neyravah was unable to do much of anything because it happened in the 1.7 Days that will Live in Infamy. It was like winning a game of baseball when the other team was tied up.
The second victory was when Neyravah wasn't even around. It was like winning a game of baseball against the other team's dog.

Oh and the dwarves probably wouldn't want to ally with the same creatures that have been killing them in the past.
If they did, I would be very mad at Ardas for his hypocrisy. "Neyravah killed some dwarves when trying to help the dwarves? THEY MUST DIE! The shades intentionally killed many dwarves during raids? Hey, let's ally them!"

You ask how i can get to the bottom of the sea? I have 3 acts, and magical weapons and my troops leveld up to kill magical creatures too, if you haven't noticed. You call Shades off or I'm taking you out of the sea, Spongebob.
When did you kill magical creatures?
And don't get cocky. Fighting underwater, even with such "minor" concerns like breathing and pressure wizarded away (despite Udil not being a god of water, the sea, or anything like that), is much different from fighting on land. And three mighty acts can't alter a whole nation.

Did the Wyrm disappear again?

The Great Wyrm. Made of Gold.
Yes. I vanished for such arcane things as "sleep" and "stuff I do during the day." Because not all of us can waste more than our afternoons and evenings on Bay12.

I like how I have no worshipers but yet the entire 9th continent is in a constant predator-prey cycle. Udil at least seems happy enough to play his part.....
Might end soon though. Udil just removed most major carnivores. This'll have 2 effects:

1. The Jungle becomes more dense and harder to traverse, as the paths once created by drakes are slowly overgrown.
2. The Jungle's primary herbivores increase in population.
Most of the primary herbivores were drakes, but yeah.

The first might lead to the extinction of remaining large carnivores and large herbivores, as well as medium sized pack animals. Hence, the second will see a serious boom in small animal species, mostly herbivores. This might cause a boom in small carnivores or a decrease in plant biomass.

The end result is a disturbed ecology which loses most of it's large animal life, has increased chance of disastrous forest fires, becomes harder to traverse, and might even collapse completely.
Bwah ha ha. Udil has been punished in part. This might pay off the interest...

Its not like mountain-dwelling dwarves care.
It's people who think like this that let things like massive forest fires and global warming happen.

Besides, it takes one nomral act of mine to eradicate the jungle, or I will order a construction of magma doomsday device, DF-style and bathe the continent in fire.
Never mind, Udil still owes the full sum.
Anyways, without the jungle how will you get any wood? No beds means tantrum spirals. Maybe then the interest will be paid off...

And all the mountains came alive and went for a swim Ardas.
On accident, as a last attempted gift of the god you hated.
But yes.

Wait. That means that Udil essentially doomed his own people to die in the ensuing ecological chaos.
Indeed.

Assuming they don't have ships yet, which I doubt they have,
I also doubt their ships. They didn't have them when they were pairs of or solitary fishers, and they weren't mentioned to have gained any nautical skill since. Unless you count any dwarves living on mountain turtles, there probably aren't any dwarven sailors.

or Udil doesn't interfere, which he will.
But not, judging by his ecological track record, successfully.
May his actions end as well as Neyravah's.

Actually no, he didn't.

The mountain dwarves are selfsufficient, and the fisher dwarves live of the sea.
He might eventually kill an entire continent*, but his own species isn't directly at risk. Those irontrees and whatever might be. And the increase in small animals will result in a tremendous increase in pest.
If anything, this greatly reminds me of Mao's Great Step forward.
Which ended how well?
Besides, pretending that the forest somehow doesn't matter to the ocean or whatever is just wrong. All biomes interlink at their borders. For instance, oceans are affected by deforestation miles upriver; the water gets more turbid as sediments wash downstream. This causes coral reefs to die off due to turbidity (they're remarkably fragile animals; blocking off the zooxanthelle is REALLY bad for them), as well as algal blooms from increased nutrient content in the water (which also kills corals, as well as many other types of life). This causes many other changes in ecology. Overall, the entire area of ocean is changed from cutting down a forest hundreds of miles away.
Destroying the wilderness across a whole continent won't end well for anyone.

Neyravah.
And...um...better than nothing?

Well, Elf, the Dwarves are not reliant on the Jungle one bit...so no problem for them.
Even assuming they never need wood (they do, for furniture, heat, light, cooking, etc), and that they never use the plants for anything (aside from plump helmets, they don't have any subterranean crops--and plump helmet rinds make terrible clothes, as well as opening the road to malnutrition and famine if relied on too much), and that the animals of the jungle were not needed (there's no hunters? no weapons made of drake bone or tooth, no armor made of their leather? no amount of meat from the jungle is eaten to supplement the dwarves' diets? etc?), destroying the jungle would have major effects on the surrounding area. If you hit a car's radiator, however crude it may be, with a sledgehammer, would you expect everything in the car to work perfectly?

On another note the Jungle was an ecological aberration, the continent will live on very well without it...
So Neyravah was so clumsy as to not change the whole region with the Mighty Act, which contains enough power to create whole planets mind you, so as to make it a once-again-functioning-and-balanced biosphere, despite being the God of Life?

Just assume that they are an event horizon... At absolute zero
Well, if Hawking radiation isn't a thing in this universe, event horizons probably would be at absolute zero.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: February 26, 2013, 05:59:23 pm »

I'm like, the least hypocritical of all the Gods; I've never done anything OOC, tried to improve Coastal Lives, and make ninjas assassins!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: February 26, 2013, 06:01:08 pm »

I would hold that title, but desperation and inability to do anything without acts. :/

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: February 26, 2013, 06:03:11 pm »

I'm like, the least hypocritical of all the Gods; I've never done anything OOC, tried to improve Children's lives and make my enemies dead!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: February 26, 2013, 06:04:26 pm »

I know one thing - I hate sitting without acts.... So many funny things I could do if I had several.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: February 26, 2013, 06:07:39 pm »

I could probably prove my lack of hypocrisy if I actually had any power to back it. Sadly, apparently all intelligent knowledge worshippers are old men. In the mean time, I'll be watching the upcoming Titanomachy with my newly invented popcorn.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: February 26, 2013, 06:10:16 pm »

You could always grant the knowledge of seeking knowledge to babies.Or Uumans.Or Dwerves.Or Shades.Or Seaspawn.Or Shattered.Or Squiddles!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: February 26, 2013, 06:12:06 pm »

He is preaching to humans right now....I'm not sitting here demanding worshippers, I'm mentioning his current worshippers (with the exception of some of the Children who worship him through the pantheon) are old men.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: February 26, 2013, 06:19:55 pm »

IamanElfCollaborator,  Your problem is  that you are wasting your acts

Wasting a whole act to travel in a form of human as some knowledge Jesus? Pfff... And be grateful that no god used that avatarism to attack and consume you

You had dozens of methods how to use that act in a more creative way
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 379