Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 401819 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #3720 on: March 05, 2013, 04:20:35 pm »

My problems are with Udil's "indordinate luck," not with anything he's done being mathematically impossible. As well as with my own actions ending absolutely as bad as they could have. Seriously, anything I do for dwarves is ignored, anything else is taken to the point where it hurts dwarves as much as possible, even beyond the levels of possibility (the more I think about it, the more tortoises which are made of rock swimming out to sea seems fishy), and no matter what I lose. Oh, and my arguments as to why there should be at least societal if not ecological collapse on the Ninth Continent were completely ignored, even when bringing them up as a reason why Udil was favored and not for explaining why the dwarves were doomed. That was a warning sign.

And Nelkathar pretty clearly stated he didn't know where the Spire was; how could he go thate? And if he could see the Spire, surely he also saw the giant flaming phoenix, which should give me a chance to run away before it saw me, or at least talk with it?

And I had forgotten that Golgo was personally helping Udil, okay? I thought that the spider had mostly convinced him to attack. Besides, that leaves everything else...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: March 05, 2013, 04:22:50 pm »

I used bold and italicize because you said you didn't like the way quotes looked which was my first choice...  I guess from now on, I'll do the same as before but use blue coloring in addition (or just make it blue and italicized).  Anyway sorry if the font was confusing, I just assumed you knew about what I wanted my actions to be because you even asked me what I wanted the armor to be made from.

Anyway, I think GWG is wherever Vgray left off.  So probably around the coast.  His actual IC action was to help fly away dwarves to safety (if I recall correctly), so not really sure where that puts him.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 04:31:01 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: March 05, 2013, 04:28:26 pm »

Yeah...as much as I hate to admit it, GWG isn't dead yet...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 04:32:00 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: March 05, 2013, 04:30:22 pm »

Hang on.

Wouldn't it be theoretically possible to bring a dead god back to the game via Mighty Act?
if you are gonna do whatvi think you are gonna do, DO EET!
Revives me!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: March 05, 2013, 04:31:06 pm »

I don't HAVE mighty acts. And I'm not going to risk bringing Mutare back. Or Thaneos. Or Avarian. That is, even if Ghazkull permits it, which he won't.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: March 05, 2013, 04:31:42 pm »

Wait, nevermind. GWG is dead.

Nelkathar watched the battle, as it had interrupted his attempts to find Soultaken. He watched, amazed at the impossible chances that happened, how though Udil killed no gods he was the only survivor. Before Nelkathar was able to think much on this, however, the explosion happened.

Nelkathar was flung through the air, flattening his wings against his sides to avoid damaging them. Seconds later, he struck the ground, knocking chunks of stone the size of a dwarf's head off of his scaley hide. On the bright side, this dislodged an arrow in Nelkathar's side which had been bugging him since it struck him. Stretching his pained body, Nelkathar thought aloud.

"There's probably not much alive here anymore. What's more, anything left is most likely going to be presently controlled by The Patricide, now that he's a god. So about all I can do is hurry out...fast as possible...Hm. Eversummer's probably pretty empty right now, once I see if the Spire is real I'll head there..."

Immediately set out for the First Continent and where the Divine Spiral is/supposed to be.

"...Hm. Traurig, can you hear me?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: March 05, 2013, 04:32:33 pm »

Hang on.

Wouldn't it be theoretically possible to bring a dead god back to the game via Mighty Act?

I think , but am not sure, that Ghazkull confirmed this early on. Of course it'll probably bound by rolls and such.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: March 05, 2013, 04:34:27 pm »

@ GWG
You are aware that you created massive mountain sized turtles which live of the trees on their backs? This alone defies the laws of physics and nature and you are complaining to me about that they can swim? Seriously?

the ecological collapse of the Jungle hasn't happened yet because not enought ime has passed. What you describe would take a spawn of several hudnred years and not a few dozen as have passed inbetween the recent turn.

But im sick of explaining myself.

To make it short i think you have two possibilities left since you are obviously not in any way going to stop:

A) You leave the Game

B) you accept the way i administer this game and stop this constant complaining about every little bit.

I am the GM of this game. I am supposed to be the somewhat neutral Referee. If you think you need to constantly question that please leave the game because your turning it into a royal pain in the arse for me.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: March 05, 2013, 04:36:19 pm »

I died this turn, so I could be possibly be revived.
Ask an Elder God!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: March 05, 2013, 04:37:16 pm »

Actually, the ecological collapse would start quite quickly, more like decades rather than 100 years. In fact, after a certain tipping point you'd start loosing it very fast. However, I'm pretty sure the ash rains, and other apocalyptic situations didn't give it enough time.

[Shutting up now]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: March 05, 2013, 04:37:30 pm »

Hang on.

I think , but am not sure, that Ghazkull confirmed this early on. Of course it'll probably bound by rolls and such.
He didn't say anything about the dead being brought back. It'd probably work so any god brought back would be weaker, i.e Elder Gods brought back as Younger, Younger brought back as Ascendants, Ascendants brought back as mortals. Overgods....no.

This is assuming Ghazkull says yes to it.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: March 05, 2013, 04:37:45 pm »

Look on the bright side, gman. You're alive, and have a good target for some mortal-on-god vengeance. Someone's gonna take the job now that Udil's gone all godly.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: March 05, 2013, 04:39:12 pm »

Snip
I'm not sure. That was back in the time of Mutare and co. Speaking of which, suddenly you guys managed to make that guy look like the Epitome of goodness.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: March 05, 2013, 04:40:38 pm »

Not really. I'm pretty sure there's a restriction on Overgods, but on youngers....

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: March 05, 2013, 04:52:02 pm »

@ GWG
You are aware that you created massive mountain sized turtles which live of the trees on their backs? This alone defies the laws of physics and nature and you are complaining to me about that they can swim? Seriously?
TORTOISES.
WHICH LIVE ON LAND.
And yes.

the ecological collapse of the Jungle hasn't happened yet because not enought ime has passed. What you describe would take a spawn of several hudnred years and not a few dozen as have passed inbetween the recent turn.
But im sick of explaining myself.
Funny, that's the first you've explained that.

To make it short i think you have two possibilities left since you are obviously not in any way going to stop:
A) You leave the Game
B) you accept the way i administer this game and stop this constant complaining about every little bit.
I only just started complaining today. Okay, a couple barbs in previous posts, but seriously?]

I am the GM of this game. I am supposed to be the somewhat neutral Referee. If you think you need to constantly question that please leave the game because your turning it into a royal pain in the arse for me.
I'm sorry about that. Just...make sure Udil's pain and other "inconveniences" actually inconvenience him, okay?

Anyways. So, do I actually get a chance to try something or am I dead no matter what, despite the fact that I should have been able to see the phoenix and decide that, gee, maybe the Spire isn't such a good idea?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 379