Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 401948 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #4605 on: March 12, 2013, 05:39:41 pm »

Eh. I don't expect Lo to believe Corvus...until he takes out Aur-Sha as living proof of...well, the fact that the world is crapsack and irreparable.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: March 12, 2013, 05:39:46 pm »

um... plenty of gods came out of it. Like me. O.o

Okay not many, but.
And then they suddenly got replaced by various sorts of abominations.

Really, Cor didn't flee either.
He was chased out by massive dicks.
Close enough for some.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: March 12, 2013, 05:44:42 pm »

Vanida dislike Corvus because

1) Friendship with Az-Sho and his daughter
2) Not helping mortals ( no, creating new race and caring for them is not something that Vanida consider as helping mortals... )
3) Claiming that she is unable to love and care for mortals in moment when she wondered through the world sharing sufferings of mortals
4) Not showing enough respect to her husband
5) Cowardice (Vanida isn't the bravest one, but she is a female and consider that's an excuse. And she risked her life to save Volondor)
6) Killing Aldemas

Quite a list, and yet she isn't actively seek him to destroy...
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: March 12, 2013, 05:47:00 pm »

Aren't there only two abominations?  I mean I guess I count as more than two but still.  Besides what's so special about gods?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: March 12, 2013, 05:48:49 pm »

2) Not helping mortals ( no, creating new race and caring for them is not something that Vanida consider as helping mortals... )
3) Claiming that she is unable to love and care for mortals in moment when she wondered through the world sharing sufferings of mortals
5) Cowardice (Vanida isn't the bravest one, but she is a female and consider that's an excuse. And she risked her life to save Volondor)
6) Killing Aldemas
1. Hardly a salient reason for reasons past spite.
2. Not true--he spread knowledge, tried to save the fire giants, and when he felt like he and his were safe, he helped in other ways. *cough*Aodun*cough* Besides, what did Vanida do?
3. Well, did Vanida show much past lust when she abandoned the Seaspawn and wyrms, children of her own flesh and blood? Or when she acted in the mortal world, among those not her children?
4. Udil threatened Corvus and KILLED his allies.
5. Well, A. It's called self-preservation, and B. Aodun.
6. Self-defense, and technically Corvus was just trying to drive him mad.

Aren't there only two abominations?  I mean I guess I count as more than two but still.  Besides what's so special about gods?
1. It's also been two or three turns since a single god showed up, and they were coming in pairs and trios earlier.
2. Players play gods.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: March 12, 2013, 05:49:45 pm »

And Corvus hates her for:
1). Hypocrisy (calling Corvus a coward when she hides much further away and has worshippers left, again when he fought Aodun)
2) Being a general dick (really, he comes to help your beloved mortals and you tell him to fuck off)
3) Trying to claim she cares about mortals (she didn't even bother taking responsibility for the seaspawn)
4) Being partially responsible for Az-Sho's decline
5) Threatening him for no clear reason
6) Being unable to understand Corvus' viewpoints (Aldemas was murdered in self defence, Az-Sho was kind to him, etc)

Also, GWG, feel free to add "aiding in the sealing of the Rift" to your list of stuff Corvus did.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:51:30 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: March 12, 2013, 05:53:06 pm »

So yeah, not much to say about this one. "You're a friend of someone I don't like. THEREFORE YOU ARE HORRIBLE.
... Didn't he give them fucktons of new tech and stuff?
She 'shared their suffering' by fucking them silly. Dunno if that really counts for anything.
... her husband who killed how many gods?
... HOW THE HELL IS HE A COWARD. What kind of coward JOINS A BATTLE IN WHICH DUE TO HIS LACK OF COMBAT SKILL HE WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY DIE.
6) Killing Aldemas
... Wow, she's hilariously biased. Cor kills one god, is evil incarnate. Her husband has a history of slaughtering them wholesale, and gets sparkly eyes.
Actively destroying things isn't her style. She's a coward who likes to manipulate people into killing her enemies for her, which I believe is the only reason she 'loves' Udil, though she might believe her own lie. He's useful to her because he's easy to use as a gun since she just has to suggest someone needs killing for him to go on a roaring rampage of murder.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: March 12, 2013, 05:54:54 pm »

The irony being that is how Corvus preferably fights; by indirect means (hallucinations, insanity, etc).

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: March 12, 2013, 05:57:23 pm »

This place be getting ragey from all sides. Let's quiet down and be civil, k?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: March 12, 2013, 05:57:59 pm »

You kiddin me? I'm selling t-shirts to this mate, I'm getting my money's worth out of this!

Speaking of which, want a "Team Udil" shirt?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: March 12, 2013, 06:00:40 pm »

TEAM ALDEMAS R.I.P.  :'(

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: March 12, 2013, 06:02:43 pm »

So yeah, not much to say about this one. "You're a friend of someone I don't like. THEREFORE YOU ARE HORRIBLE.
Friend of my enemy.... And his friendship looked like servitude

He gave no knowledge ever  (crowblessed doesn't count )

She 'shared their suffering' by fucking them silly. Dunno if that really counts for anything.
Wrong, she suffered with them. Fucking was an attempt to ease their pain (and give them divine protectors)

... HOW THE HELL IS HE A COWARD. What kind of coward JOINS A BATTLE IN WHICH DUE TO HIS LACK OF COMBAT SKILL HE WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY DIE.
What kind of coward? Opportunistic one. And he used a ranged attack

... Wow, she's hilariously biased. Cor kills one god, is evil incarnate. Her husband has a history of slaughtering them wholesale, and gets sparkly
Udil never claimed that he is a pacifist unlike Corvus. Besides Vanida love Volondor not Udil

So, Vanida's logic is quite clear if not very fair
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: March 12, 2013, 06:04:56 pm »

Ranged attack because he's a SQUISHY MAGE. What do you want him to do, punch a Phoenix to death? And why aren't you calling Fatianna a coward then? Or all the other ranged attackers?

Also, he explicitly said he was really sorry for Aldemas and it was a self defensive kill.

He just gave knowledge as one of his acts....

The problem here is, like Lo, Vanida is misguided. The bad thing, unlike Lo, is that Vanida will never let it go, but Lo can and probably will if they find out the whole story.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: March 12, 2013, 06:15:36 pm »

And Corvus hates her for:
4) Being partially responsible for Az-Sho's decline
How so? I seem to recall Az-Sho came off much better in that confrontation.

6) Being unable to understand Corvus' viewpoints (Aldemas was murdered in self defence, Az-Sho was kind to him, etc)
True but not terribly fair.

Other than that, good.

Also, GWG, feel free to add "aiding in the sealing of the Rift" to your list of stuff Corvus did.
Sure.

6) Killing Aldemas
... Wow, she's hilariously biased. Cor kills one god, is evil incarnate. Her husband has a history of slaughtering them wholesale, and gets sparkly eyes.
You left out how Corvus's kill was self-defense and how many of Udil's were allies until shortly before the first attack.

You kiddin me? I'm selling t-shirts to this mate, I'm getting my money's worth out of this!

Speaking of which, want a "Team Udil" shirt?
TRAITOR TO ALL LIFE.
...You selling "Team Neyravah" shirts?

He gave no knowledge ever  (crowblessed doesn't count )
Farming (until Ghaz said he didn't), and now smithing and such.

Wrong, she suffered with them. Fucking was an attempt to ease their pain (and give them divine protectors)
And how did that help any, hm?

What kind of coward? Opportunistic one. And he used a ranged attack
He still attacked, and Ghaz said everyone went into melee in the end.

... Wow, she's hilariously biased. Cor kills one god, is evil incarnate. Her husband has a history of slaughtering them wholesale, and gets sparkly
Udil never claimed that he is a pacifist unlike Corvus. Besides Vanida love Volondor not Udil
Corvus gets leniency in inducing insanity in someone trying to kill him. And Volondor is effectively Udil; Vandia is kissing both their faces.

So, Vanida's logic is quite clear if not very fair
Well, as long as you don't think it's fair.

Ranged attack because he's a SQUISHY MAGE. What do you want him to do, punch a Phoenix to death?
Evidently.

And why aren't you calling Fatianna a coward then? Or all the other ranged attackers?
Why isn't she complaining to Udil about all he murdered?
Sig

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: March 12, 2013, 06:16:40 pm »

Guys, cool your jets. Save the emotions for IC. I don't hate anyone for reals, I keep that stuff only for IC.

Now, for a more reasonable question - what are the problems with the planet that still need fixing? I have 2 Mighty acts and I want to repair at least one thing.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 06:20:16 pm by Ardas »
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 379