Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 401854 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #5295 on: March 21, 2013, 03:30:00 pm »

Nope, Ghazkull explicitedly stated they are not. Divine, yes. But Gods they are not.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: March 21, 2013, 03:30:41 pm »

Nope, they just eat gods.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: March 21, 2013, 03:33:44 pm »

So are they.
Says who? Nothing has said that they aren't just really advanced technology.
Technology has all sorts of ways to go wrong ...
Also, hopefully this works.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: March 21, 2013, 03:36:04 pm »

Yes they do... very very slowly.

Anyway I sure hope that meeting ties up quickly.  I want to see what the giants do.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: March 21, 2013, 04:19:15 pm »

Corvus is ready to go!
He's gonna be the most violent pacifist ever!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: March 21, 2013, 04:20:28 pm »

You broke him! Dammit, I have to go get him repaired at the Godmaking Guild.

You're paying the bill. Kthxbai *runs*

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: March 21, 2013, 04:24:21 pm »

Well, he kinda needed that morale boost. Plus, with optimism comes a chance to succeed.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: March 21, 2013, 04:41:42 pm »

Well, he kinda needed that morale boost. Plus, with optimism comes a chance to succeed.

And get the will to fight back and get respect.

I wonder how the hypothetical fandom would react to this turn of events?

And in that same thought, how it would react to this piece of dialogue that came up in Kar'lan and Fatianna?

She nods, sighing. "A shame, those. They will have to be dealt with, but I am not sure that we are the ones destined to do so. Gods intervening directly tends to cause more harm than good, almost. In any case, we could make interesting partners... Death is, after all, the greatest Unknown there is, in some ways."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 05:02:52 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: March 21, 2013, 04:48:39 pm »

Corvus gets rescued from the scrappy heap for some, but the full rescue won't happen until he somehow beats Aldemas or Udil.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: March 21, 2013, 04:56:02 pm »

What would the Hypothetical Fandom think of the various Overgods?

Assuming they get a history brief of the Mutarian and Avarian eras at some point.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: March 21, 2013, 05:00:15 pm »

She nods, sighing. "A shame, those. They will have to be dealt with, but I am not sure that we are the ones destined to do so. Gods intervening directly tends to cause more harm than good, almost. In any case, we could make interesting partners... Death is, after all, the greatest Unknown there is, in some ways."
Not really, you get used to it after a while... It gets kind of boring being dead after a while, maybe Corvus can tell you how it is after I am done with him? I think he would be quite glad to tell you...
I had my own little reply

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: March 21, 2013, 05:12:32 pm »

GWG, you do realize the more you argue with and whine to Ghaz, the slimmer your chances of ever getting back in/not being completely banned from these threads becomes?
Whine, I can see that, but I haven't done much of this. This is more arguing.
As for arguing...if the whim of the GM can sweep aside all concerns of fairness or logic, do I really want to play?
(Perhaps I'm making the error of imagining Ghazkull feels as I do on player comments.)

Now,
The Knife shattered here on account of a roll i did. You rolled a 2 the Knife broke simple as that, that on top of what Iituem said: what fits the roll. The Knife shattering is also an obvious GM tip, being as obvious as "let's pool our rolls together and severe the connection at once" won't work. Oftimes mere actpower won't save your ass, go creative about it.
The Game is run not on rules but mostly on account of what makes for good story or interesting !!FUN!! stuff, but that should have become obvious by now.
It makes for a good story to waste acts on something that was being discussed for a while and you just said was impossible?

EDIT: and GWG in some games i agree GM-Fiat is not really good/wanted/necessary/useful but in games like this GM-Fiat is the Name of the Game.
Firstly, I fail to see why "games like this," or any games, need to run on GM Fiat. Secondly, GM Fiat doesn't mean that all logic should or even can be ignored. Thirdly, there are an awful lot of numbery rules for a fiat-based game...

But do you really want to fight Sabt-Golgo, Aldemas, Vanida, and Udil?
Two of which have really powerful weapons designed to obliterate Gods(or more specifically VoidBeasts)
Five versus four, and that's assuming Sabts shows and the Ascendants don't. And don't forget the Crowborn, smartest guys in the galaxy, or the possibility of getting more on their side being slightly greater than it is for Udil's. *cough*Catalyst*cough* Pretty decent odds.

Frig that, we need the Terrans-they aren't Protoss. Hell, they aren't Protoss.

They're Tyranids. And none of us fit the Imperium, Eldar or Tau.
Maybe a little WAAAGH would help?
Or, since they're actually daemons...anyone want to take the mantle of God-Emperor? Other than Udil?
...Wait, Udil would make a great Emperor! And I'm not just saying that because of the Golden Throne.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: March 21, 2013, 05:30:54 pm »

Oh please. You knew when you joined this was a Godhood-like. If there's any game that doesn't give two shits about rules and 'fair' systems, it's Godhood. Ghaz says in the first post you should find out how they work before joining. Sure, Pantheon has actual mechanics, but it still comes down to GM fiat in the end.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: March 21, 2013, 06:03:09 pm »

Oh please. You knew when you joined this was a Godhood-like. If there's any game that doesn't give two shits about rules and 'fair' systems, it's Godhood. Ghaz says in the first post you should find out how they work before joining. Sure, Pantheon has actual mechanics, but it still comes down to GM fiat in the end.
Sorry if I think games shouldn't be arbitrarily unfair.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: March 21, 2013, 07:24:33 pm »

Not really, you get used to it after a while... It gets kind of boring being dead after a while, maybe Corvus can tell you how it is after I am done with him? I think he would be quite glad to tell you...
I had my own little reply

That is true, but I was asking how the hypothetical fandom would react to that, especially after this:

"I suppose one must be ever watchful for straying from one's path, if that is the case... oh well, I expected as much, in any case. I believe I may enjoy your company in the future, honestly. If you ever wish for a change in scenery, I would be glad to have you as a guest in my newly-built halls."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 379