Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 83942 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2013, 12:58:09 pm »

((Wrong topic, soz.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2013, 01:16:43 pm »

Feros looked upon the world and mourned inwardly at the state it was in. And he replied to Gren Garnsson:
 'Betray him? You humour me. The slayer of him who gave him strength? The slayer of that gods children? You call this man a godslayer. I name him a kinslayer. But do as you will..... If you see the error of your ways, I will be waiting.'

And he repeated his offer to the remaining Dragonborn.
 'I called upon you once, and you allowed yourself to fight for a nation who used you then. I will call upon you once more, having seen the bloodshed they have caused. Relinquish your masters and overlords, and throw off your fetters. The jungles of your home may be far behind, but the world is open here. Do you wish to spend the rest of your days fighting for a cause that is not your own?'

Finally he addressed Nelkathar, his son:
 'I am sorry that I cannot at present aid you, but I am weak, and your birth drained me. There is little I can do without the worship of mortals. But the mortals acknowledge not their place in the cycle of life. I am..... hesitant to ask of you another favour, but if you succeed in this I will aid you in return. Spread the way of the wilds throughout this land, and let them know my name, and I will reward you.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2013, 03:57:18 pm »

War. The war had begun, but not by the armies of Hadria. Outsiders. Outsiders had come into Eversummer. It had not happened in five centuries, and now an army had assaulted the Coalition of Eversummer. While it did fit his plans - with the spine of the coalition broken by this army, Hadria did not have to fight the true strength of the coalition - it had not been needed, and it may in fact be detrimental. He wanted no third party in Eversummer, and he knew the invading army - the Crusaders, they called themselves - had come in the name of a god war.

That would not do.

Above the crusading army, clouds begun gathering. The skies darkened, but no storm broke out. Instead, slowly, the crusaders from another land began seeing a massive shape appear out of the skies - flying. It was gigantic - as big as any city, and in the shape of a fortress of incredible size. There were no men manning its walls, but it needed none. The sheer size of it could throw back any army ever attempting to assault it, if it could reach it high up over the clouds, and it did have one defender - one who was mighty indeed.

Thaneos stood on the highest tower of the fortress, which could have been a very vast manor for someone his size but appeared to be the greatest construction ever made to the mortals below. He sent a call in the skies, but it was not addressed at the mortals - it was a mental one, to be heard by the gods only.

"Let he who sent this army across the seas show himself! We must speak, and my patience is running short."

If he receives no reply, Thaneos will urge the Hadrian Emperor to massacre the crusaders and invade any land they may have taken, as well as continuing the war against the coalition.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:04:34 pm by Shootandrun »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2013, 04:22:27 pm »

Nelkathar raises a great claw to strike at the Dwarf, and then lowers it. "I have no desire to kill you nor your kin Dwarf. Go. Run back to your little hold before I change my mind."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 27, 2013, 04:25:05 pm »

"I'll not run from you Beast, i am Irud Erengrad Eldest of the Clan of the Erengrad! I have slain 20 Fangdrakes and won 10 Duels, do you think ill run from a oversized Beast?"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 27, 2013, 04:30:25 pm »

"Very well Dwarf." Nelkathar moves to swat the Dwarf aside with it's claw.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 27, 2013, 04:42:46 pm »

[3 vs. 5] Irud evades the almost casual wave with the claw easily and with a mighty swing severes the whole toe of the Dragon. [?] As if from a Secret Sign, Hatches in the ground nearby open revealing Dwarves armed with Bows. A normal Sword or a normal Arrow might be easily shrugged off by the Mighty Dragon but, Arrows made from Seaspawn Claws, held a drop of the divine. While not very useful against mundane enemies the Dwarfs were very well aware that such a beast could be nothing but a beast created by supernatural means. [2] While the volley of Arrows hit just the legs, the fulfill they still hurt immensely.

"Are you feeling the pain Beast? We have fought Lizards centuries before you were born. Now leave my home before i get really angry." The other Dwarves vanish into the Secret Hatches again.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 27, 2013, 04:48:56 pm »

{WOOPS WRONG THREAD}

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 27, 2013, 04:51:21 pm »

Nelkathar roars in a mixture of pain and anger. "I concede to you Dwarf. We will meet again, I promise you."

Nelkathar spreads it's mighty wings and takes off.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 27, 2013, 05:06:09 pm »

Udil was pleased. mighty pleased as the lost scions of dwarfkind were finally reuniting with their long-lost bretheren. He felt joy as he marched among the, received their oaths and in return bestowed gifts, honours and feasted with them for a long time.

But he knew his work was not done, not until the dreaded Darkness was defeated and Dwarfkind truly liberated. The Darkness promised ot leave, but the Shades were still there and not all holds recognised Udil. But he knew very well that he could not lose. he had the blessings of two most powerful deities of this world and he himself was a half-God, immune to mortal death and worshipped by his kin. The victory was assured.

Spread Cult Of Udil among coastal dwarves. March along the coast to receive fealty of the remaining clan holds and make sure that the crusaders were equipped with Seaspawn weapon in addition to thier normal ones as backup weapons.

-------------------------------------------------------

The one-armed dwarf stood alone on the shore, seemingly looking into distance with a sightless gaze, battling with his thoughts. He was at the centre of all the divine games, and yet, he felt the need to call upon another one. So far the gods been generous with their gifts, and few who stood in his way only fuelled his rise to his own deification. He made up his mind. He would call upon the single deity that had the power to solidify dwarven rule in the world, that would Help Udil and would bring stability that Udil sought for so long.

Raising his sole arm inot the sky, he felt as the spider cloak, so succesful in hiding him form the gaze of others was slipping for a single deity, whose attention he wanted ot have.
"Aodun! Mighty Phoenix and Lord of Order! I call upon you to establish a covenant! A Covenant of Order and Power, to benefit the dwarves and to establish peace and stability among the mortals."
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:37:44 pm by Ardas »

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 27, 2013, 05:44:18 pm »

"Aodun! Mighty Phoenix and Lord of Order! I call upon you to establish a covenant! A Covenant of Order and Power, to benefit the dwarves and to establish peace and stability among the mortals."
((He's busy fighting the overgod.))
Gren Garnsson

"I serve the Father of the Dwarves, Appariton! I will not betray him."
((Didn't Mutare preach to every city that he was the actual creator of everything before he got killed?))
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 27, 2013, 06:28:33 pm »

The ground beneath the crusaders brightened. It glowed, and began to heat up, not faxing the Children but making the air shimmer. Then it emerged: a ring of fire sprung up around the crusade, and began to whirl around at an immense speed. Soon it had resolved itself into the shape of a great snake that seemed to be composed of fire, slithering through the earth as easily as a ghost. The apparition coiled around the crusade, it's length forming a circle around the victorious army. Then the head of the serpent looked up, and saw the flying fortress, light shining off his body reflecting off the polished underside. The serpent rocketed upward, more and more of it emerging from the ground to encircle the Children while the rest extended upward to reach the fortress. Finally, the snake stopped extending, still not fully out of the ground; an impossibly long ghost extending up. The apparition locked eyes with Thaneos and spoke in a voice of fire:
Thaneos. Giantfather; well met. Why have you called me?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 27, 2013, 06:46:45 pm »

The Father stared at - or, more accurately, glared at - the serpent who had risen from the ground. He had his armor, of course, and his hammer was in hand, but he was not exactly standing in a fighting stance.

"My demand was clear."

The words shook the world, reasoning like thunder and bearing contained anger. Below, the mortals trembled, but the Father cared not. They were not his children, nor his protégés; they did not deserve any care from him.

"If you or any other divinity brought godly war in Eversummer, I swore I would be the one to end it. Do you remember, snake?"

Actual thunder cracked. A storm was about to break out nearby.

"I do not break my word easily. What do you have to say in your defense, you who brought down one of the greatest cities of Eversummer?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 27, 2013, 06:56:08 pm »

The serpent gazed steadily at Thaneos.
It is already ended; you have no need to start another. We are here for vengeance against Vanida for the burning of Riat and the slaughter of my children. We have taken retribution; we will depart now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 27, 2013, 09:11:07 pm »

The Father tightened his grip on the hammer, but eventually he lowered his weapon. His glare remained hard, however, and his voice was unflinching.

"Do so, then, and never come back. If you or your followers return to Eversummer under any circumstances, there will be blood. That I swear, and I will not break my word a second time for your sake."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 61