Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 103509 times)

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #270 on: January 21, 2013, 08:21:19 pm »

my order of importance,

1) Our followers > 2) ourselves(donut) > 3) Our creations.

we are in service of our followers not the other way around, Our creations are in service of our followers and we shouldn't feel bad to use them for our own pleasure aswell.

sacrificing our followers to save ourselves isn't okay.

we shouldn't go messing with our followers at the very least not against their will.

edit: we also shouldn't aim to create followers out of nothing, Followers will come, and our followers will multiply if we give them the opertunity to thrive.
In the case of making our followers out of the stems your heirarchy falls apart, and yeah, we should make 'em.  Sure, followers will come, but not all the quickly, and they aren't exactly predictable in the speed at which they arrive, so making them is a very valid route, not to mention the fact that we're a god and we can do as we damn well please.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 21, 2013, 08:23:52 pm »

Each turn is a day right?  I don't even want to begin thinking of how impractically long we would need to wait for our followers to reproduce enough on their own to make a difference to us.

Our main methods of gaining new followers are pretty much restricted to:
1. Recruiting/Converting which is impractical at the moment because we don't have anywhere to recruit from without pissing someone off.
2. Creating our own followers which is imo the best option due to efficiency and the ability to start right now.
3. Modifying our followers to reproduce faster which no one seems to want (and I prefer #2 anyway)

I don't want to put our followers ahead of us.  I want us to try and benefit us both equally as much as possible, not exalting them for no reason other than http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HumansAreSpecial.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 21, 2013, 08:26:26 pm »

As I understood it, the vast majority of consensus was to make our stems/saps sentient, soul bearing creatures with a degree of free will, not that they were to remain automata from now till when we tire of them.  I say we make them the apex of strength and survivability now, when it would be cheap, and then we elevate them to the pantheon of major races.  Also, humans are squishy, weak, and xenophobic.  We are 1) a god, and 2) a God of Life.  We can do so much better than that, and be able to change the balance of this and all other worlds.  Speaking of which, we ought to ask the GM if we can attempt to colonize other planets, and if any other gods are already on other planets.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 21, 2013, 08:27:10 pm »

Not really.  A person could want to be modified in order to gain power and be stronger just like a person could want to be reanimated as a lich or vampire if they wanted to be more powerful.  If they want it, is it really that bad?
Yep, it's evil

It's same for me

You guys are too focused on improving our own power and treat game like some kind of pc game.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 21, 2013, 08:27:35 pm »

#2 isn't efficient at all, it's almost impossible. There's really just no good way to get more followers besides going off and finding them.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 21, 2013, 08:29:20 pm »

my order of importance,

we are in service of our followers not the other way around, Our creations are in service of our followers and we shouldn't feel bad to use them for our own pleasure aswell.

sacrificing our followers to save ourselves isn't okay.

we shouldn't go messing with our followers at the very least not against their will.

edit: we also shouldn't aim to create followers out of nothing, Followers will come, and our followers will multiply if we give them the opertunity to thrive.
In the case of making our followers out of the stems your heirarchy falls apart, and yeah, we should make 'em.  Sure, followers will come, but not all the quickly, and they aren't exactly predictable in the speed at which they arrive, so making them is a very valid route, not to mention the fact that we're a god and we can do as we damn well please.

first off, I doubt its even possible. I don't think even gods can create souls. maybe the super duper uber elder gods. but I severely doubt we or any god we know could create a soul. (which makes me feel foolish for even contesting the notion)

second off, I don't think we should want to. Creating new ´people´ makes the existing people less precious. And they are precious, or they should be to us. Mortals are precious exactly because we cant pull them out of thin air.

and finally from a metagame perspective its overpowered and game-breaking

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 21, 2013, 08:32:50 pm »

For now we need soldiers who don't question our will. Right now we are gaining a reputation, and slowly economic power; with this followers will eventually come.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 21, 2013, 08:33:34 pm »

#2 isn't efficient at all, it's almost impossible. There's really just no good way to get more followers besides going off and finding them.

What makes you think that?

I'm basing my assumption off how relatively cheap and easy modifying living organisms has been thus far, not sure what your assumption is based off, unless Corruptor said so himself and I just missed it.

Not really.  A person could want to be modified in order to gain power and be stronger just like a person could want to be reanimated as a lich or vampire if they wanted to be more powerful.  If they want it, is it really that bad?
Yep, it's evil

It's same for me

You guys are too focused on improving our own power and treat game like some kind of pc game.

We have different opinions on what to do; that doesn't make either of our ideas less important or mean that one of us is treating this like a pc game.  Maybe I just genuinely want to do what I suggested and feel like it is the best or right choice.
Sure thing peanut man!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2013, 08:37:03 pm »

What makes you think that?

I'm basing my assumption off how relatively cheap and easy modifying living organisms has been thus far, not sure what your assumption is based off, unless Corruptor said so himself and I just missed it.
Because Worshippers need souls!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2013, 08:38:41 pm »

What makes a soul?  Wait I know we discussed this before but my memory is terrible and I can't remember the specifics.  Regardless, if the opportunity ever presents itself, I would like to try and give our plant men souls.
Sure thing peanut man!

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 21, 2013, 08:43:48 pm »

I think it's been heavily implied that creatures we build from the ground up are, essentially, hollow. Soulless. Like the rest of the animals and plants out there.
Which is why I actively propose GMing our followers. We could make them plant, or bug people. Either way it'd be awesome. And hey, dedicated followers like a bunch of dryad dudes could be useful. See how the orcs work with Grumugga?
Come on, lets at least modify one kid. Not even that much, either. Just give the fetus.. I dunno.. green flame-style red hair(no abilities, just pigment)? We have to see if we can even pull this off, and if so, to what extent we can drag this before we end up with a soulless being. And hey, even if a worshipper is born without a soul, with any luck they're still intelligent, right?
Like the difference between a machine with sentimental value, and one without.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 21, 2013, 08:46:36 pm »

If we do this we have to have permission from the female, and be there at the moments notice for any sign of trouble.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 21, 2013, 08:49:00 pm »

from the female, and from the unborn child (which may be problemetic)
unless we're just borrowing a womb.

but it all sounds pretty evil to me.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 21, 2013, 08:51:52 pm »

I think it's been heavily implied that creatures we build from the ground up are, essentially, hollow. Soulless. Like the rest of the animals and plants out there.
Which is why I actively propose GMing our followers. We could make them plant, or bug people. Either way it'd be awesome. And hey, dedicated followers like a bunch of dryad dudes could be useful. See how the orcs work with Grumugga?
Come on, lets at least modify one kid. Not even that much, either. Just give the fetus.. I dunno.. green flame-style red hair(no abilities, just pigment)? We have to see if we can even pull this off, and if so, to what extent we can drag this before we end up with a soulless being. And hey, even if a worshipper is born without a soul, with any luck they're still intelligent, right?
Like the difference between a machine with sentimental value, and one without.

I was the first person to suggest modifying our human followers and I had (-1's) rain down on me like there was no tomorrow, which is why I brought back up the idea of just making our own followers from scratch.

I would be happy with either choice and I think we need to do one or the other if we really want to become powerful and capable of defending our followers from the huge number of enemies allied against us.
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 21, 2013, 08:57:30 pm »

First off, I disagree with Ukrainian ranger saying gene modification evil just as I don't think necromancy is evil in itself.

Secondly, I really doubt we'll be able to make followers out of our Stems. And I'd prefer not to make them fully sentient; intelligent, able to make decisions, and learn? Yes. Capable of developing a personality and questioning orders, possibly ending up as viewing themselves as more important that our followers? No.

So. The question is, what is immediately important. We have an excellent mana income, though likely nowhere near the size of gods such as Maher and Uristiel, and miniscule compared to the EoT. The fortress is being built, and will be quite successful, we hope. We are probably going to be trading with Serena for even better stuff. We have little knowledge of the EoT. We have little knowledge of Maher. We have a thriving economy. We have a small army. We have some uber-strong elite warriors. We have a crowded afterlife. We have visited just about everywhere nearby, save Ceres, 'in person'.

My suggestion? Begin expanding. To Ceres. Let's kick those other gods out, and get some worshipers. But before that, we need information about it. We need a flock of Invisijays.

Our army is expanding at a rapid pace, even with the mere 2.5 seeds per.

I suggest we give some people boons. Not ten people, maybe four. Two with life, two with fire, have our elite boon users begin training them. Maybe attempt a chaos boon and see what happens.

We have the feast and contests tomorrow. I suggest we give Tiberius and Laskus each a nugget of Manarack, putting it in their bodies. Have them train today and see what changes due to it. As well, we should bring food to the feast. Begin bringing in large numbers of bluemelons and bloodmelons.

I suggest adjusting some of our livestock. Make our sheep into Spine Sheep(Ivory sells well, okay?) perhaps, our cattle shall have increased and richer dairy production(don't need the hides), and our chickens shall lay more eggs. As well, we shall find a nearby river, and have some Stems fish in it. We should adjust the bluemelons to make two more breeds: Dyemelons, which have sectioned bits each with colored dye-making material, and Spicemelons, which are exactly what they sound like. They have spices.

Next, we should attempt to start building four more Chaos Dreadnought bodies, preferably using iron or steel from the dwarves. If they would ever be willing to part with their adamantium, we could make a new body for Laksus(super light super hard golem who's super fast?). Tiberius should get a steel body if we could.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 72