Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 102732 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #330 on: January 22, 2013, 05:36:34 am »

we cant....i repeat WE CANT.... make souls, and, therefore, followers.

Stop bringing this up. we're going to end up arguing in circles at this rate.
But we can use the ones we have in afterlife.

and before anyone brings the - "but souls in the afterlife generate mana" argument

1) Souls in the world can give mana, too
2) Followers with mana in the real world can be useful in other ways
3) Less souls in the afterlife = easier to make it comfortable and defendable

I'd prefer to depopopulate our afterlife, and leave like 50 souls there using others for more useful projects, from sentient firecjacket hive to a sentient forest to soulpowered artifacts to souls as an engine for the fortress
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 05:47:43 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 22, 2013, 05:47:20 am »

my feelings towards using souls from the afterlife is that it is only done when the souls want to influence the material plane, and preferably in a non permanent way.

the souls in the afterlife have earned their bliss. once again, I don't see them as our assets, I see them as our followers.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 22, 2013, 05:48:54 am »

Sure, Donut only take volunteers. Like he did with Tiberius

One thing to consider - souls in afterlife, never worshiped us, so I am not sure that should be treated in a same way as our true followers

And we should understand that bringing them to life may make some very disobedient beings, free will is a free will
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 05:53:27 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 22, 2013, 05:55:09 am »

we cant....i repeat WE CANT.... make souls, and, therefore, followers.

Stop bringing this up. we're going to end up arguing in circles at this rate.
But we can use the ones we have in afterlife.

and before anyone brings the - "but souls in the afterlife generate mana" argument

1) Souls in the world can give mana, too
2) Followers with mana in the real world can be useful in other ways
3) Less souls in the afterlife = easier to make it comfortable and defendable

I'd prefer to depopopulate our afterlife, and leave like 50 souls there using others for more useful projects, from sentient firecjacket hive to a sentient forest to soulpowered artifacts to souls as an engine for the fortress

ANd decrease the amount of mana per soul we get?

Corruptor has said that a souls power is used to fuel whatever it inhabits and, whilst it is possible for them to still produce mana, more often than not they WONT produce mana.

Are you purposefully trying to weaken us by reducing our mana income?

Forget it. There is a huge consensus against you. Infusing souls into firejackets, forests or whatever is a huge waste when we have manarack and our own power to use to create things which can either fuel themselves (with manarack) or dont need mana-fuel at all (our creations).

"3) Less souls in the afterlife = easier to make it comfortable and defendable"

or, you know, we could always EXPAND TE F**KING AFTERLIFE and create the angels someone proposed several dozen pages back on the main thread.

On the other hand i have come round to giving 4-5 people boons. 3 life, 2 fire. Also the creation of two new melon variants, one which produces a wide range of spices and another with produces a wide range of dyes. also, regenerating Saps/Stems is a good idea.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:01:56 am by kahn1234 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 22, 2013, 06:01:38 am »

Mana isn't the only valuable resource. There are others
One soul granted us Tiberius... Let's deconstruct him, send his soul in afterlife and get 1 mana per day!!

or, you know, we could always EXPAND TE F**KING AFTERLIFE

The bigger it is, the more easy it to detect and attack. That 9 gods of order will trump our angels easily if they somehow find our afterlife.

And expending the afterlife
a) timeconsuming
b) manaconsuming
And, calm down,  no need to scream

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 22, 2013, 06:07:48 am »

The bigger it is, the more easy it to detect and attack. That 9 gods of order will trump our angels easily if they somehow find our afterlife.

a) timeconsuming
b) manaconsuming

and yet it is something that will need to happen sooner rather than later.
atleast the time and the mana spent won't be a waste. its just the 'upkeep cost' for the substantial amount of new souls in the afterlife.

that we need to enlarge the afterlife is a good thing.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 22, 2013, 06:08:04 am »

Mana isn't the only valuable resource. There are others
One soul granted us Tiberius... Let's deconstruct him, send his soul in afterlife and get 1 mana per day!!

Actually, it would be 3 mana per day, as per what Corruptor said when we first created the afterlife.

I doubt the order gods will waste time attacking the afterlife, knowing full well that when/if we die it collapses anyway.

a) timeconsuming
b) manaconsuming

Time consuming? Mana consuming? we crated the afterlife in a day. We are only going to expand it, which will take much less time and much less mana.

and I'm 'screaming' because you seem to be treating this is your personal role play, whilst also discounting everyone elses ideas as inferior. You constantly push ideas which the majority dont agree with just because you personally want them in. Whilst i personally am also guilty of this, i only did it once and just because it would be something different and fun, with possible amusing consequences. You seem to want your ideas in because you see them as superior to others views.

Whilst you do have and have had some good ideas, your views on souls and the afterlife is ridiculous, you dont want to increase sap/stem production by reducing their gestation time whilst increasing their seed number and you wan to waste mana on dozens of useless boons when we could have 3-5 new boon users at 'potent' level that would be far superior.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:12:51 am by kahn1234 »

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 22, 2013, 06:13:22 am »

I doubt the order gods will waste time attacking the afterlife, knowing full well that when/if we die it collapses anyway.

I wonder if the other gods know about this. maybe the death of a god is simply unheared off and the void breaking into afterlives is a new phenemenon.
though the void breaking into the afterlife would explain why the former god had combatants in his afterlife.

and I'm 'screaming' because you seem to be treating this is your personal role play, whilst also discounting everyone elses ideas as inferior. You constantly push ideas which the majority dont agree with just because you personally want them in. Whilst i personally am also guilty of this, i only did it once and just because it would be something different and fun, with possible amusing consequences.

Whilst you do have and have had some good ideas, your views on souls and the afterlife is ridiculous, you dont want to increase sap/stem production by reducing their gestation time whilst increasing their seed number and you wan to waste mana on dozens of useless boons when we could have 3-5 new boon users at 'potent' level that would be far superior.
[/quote]
regardless, we should strive to keep things civil.

Edit: my quote tags were all messed up =(
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:17:25 am by Talvara »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 22, 2013, 06:24:42 am »

Actually, it would be 3 mana per day, as per what Corruptor said when we first created the afterlife.
When and if we make a good afterlife
Our initial one gave only 2 mana per soul for 2 souls. So it needs great expanding to reach that standard
Like making it 100 times bigger.

Time consuming? Mana consuming? we crated the afterlife in a day.
Yep, we crafted a simple afterlife in one day, complex one will take much more

whilst also discounting everyone elses ideas as inferior.
Simply untrue. I adapt my ideas to other's ideas. I modify ideas of the others
But yep, I am rarely +1ing (But I do that for  very good ideas ideas that I like much)

you dont want to increase sap/stem production by reducing their gestation time whilst increasing their seed number
I liked old stems enough. But I really didn't said a lot about upgrade round 2, except offering to make them able to reproduce by not seed methods (in addition to seeds)

You constantly push ideas which the majority dont agree with just because you personally want them in.
Yes! So what? Isn't that what suggestion games for? To make suggestions
You should go read "the last night trol"l, Alice and the left stone debate was(is) hot, ask GWG about it .
I like to go against the current

you wan to waste mana on dozens of useless boons
Again, Mana is the most important resource, but not the only one. And I don't think that boosting economy is useless. Maybe not useful enough to compensate several % of our mana income (I think otherwise), but certainly not useless.
If you like to shot down my suggestions without good reasons, feel free. But do not scream.

3-5 new boon users at 'potent' level that would be far  [/superior.
Portent boons for unskilled users is a bad usage of mana, they can't use it properly, and probably will hurt themself or others
One of reasons to give many minor boons is to find talents that will receive stronger boons later
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:35:06 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 22, 2013, 06:35:42 am »

When and if we make a good afterlife
Our initial one gave only 2 mana per soul for 2 souls. So it needs great expanding to reach that standard
Like making it 100 times bigger.

Which would be easy as we already have the base. The mount of mana and time needed for expansion would be minimal.

Time consuming? Mana consuming? we crated the afterlife in a day.
Yep, we crafted a simple afterlife in one day, complex one will take much more

When we first created the afterlife we needed to do a lot of things, most of all create a mini universe in another dimension and then construct the base of the afterlife. we dont need to do that now.

whilst also discounting everyone elses ideas as inferior.
Simply untrue. I adapt my ideas to other's ideas. I modify ideas of the others
But yep, I am rarely +1ing (But I do that for  very good ideas ideas that I like much)

I may be wrong but when ever i see you post its usually to push your own ideas. Whilst i do agree with your ideas sometimes, you rarely push ideas that aren't your own. I know it may not be intentional, but it does seem a bit arrogant.

you dont want to increase sap/stem production by reducing their gestation time whilst increasing their seed number
I liked old stems enough. But I really didn't said a lot about upgrade round 2, except offering to make them able to reproduce by not seed methods (in addition to seeds)

Well, implement the more seeds/shorter gestation time idea and the idea that they can reproduce without needing seeds together. That way we maximize production and keep everyone happy.

You constantly push ideas which the majority dont agree with just because you personally want them in.
Yes! So what? Isn't that what suggestion games for? To make suggestions
You should go read "the last night trol"l, Alice and the left stone debate was(is) hot, ask GWG about it .
I like to go against the current

Yes, make suggestion but dont stubbornly repeat and push your ideas, especially when they have so much resistance.
a better way would be to put you ideas forward every time the situation changes, if it doenst change, the reception o your ideas will not be different, so dont keep pushing.

you wan to waste mana on dozens of useless boons
Again, Mana is the most important resource, but not the only one. And I don't think that boosting economy is useless. Maybe not useful enough to compensate several % of our mana income (I think otherwise), but certainly not useless.
If you like to shot down my suggestions without good reasons, feel free. But do not scream.

It takes Eldritch (our potent life boon user) a long time to do relatively simple things such as create Saps and grow shroom buildings. Minor life boons in such numbers would be a waste of mana.

If we did create 3-5 new potent boons users, get our two existing skilled potent boon users to train them.

3-5 new boon users at 'potent' level that would be far  [/superior.
Portent boons for unskilled users is a bad usage of mana, they can't use it properly, and probably will hurt themself or others

Well, train them up then!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:37:47 am by kahn1234 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 22, 2013, 06:41:49 am »

The mount of mana and time needed for expansion would be minimal.
Sure, Corruptor will give us almost +300 mana daily for almost free
You can hope

Btw, who made the suggestion to look for the old god's afterlife, getting those 137 souls? And stubbornly pushed it through for like 5 updates in a raw?

Or give them minor boons and let them train, picking the most talented and letting other to do tons of useful stuff for fractions of our daily mana income

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 22, 2013, 06:56:40 am »

The mount of mana and time needed for expansion would be minimal.
Sure, Corruptor will give us almost +300 mana daily for almost free
You can hope

Btw, who made the suggestion to look for the old god's afterlife, getting those 137 souls? And stubbornly pushed it through for like 5 updates in a raw?

I did actually say i did agree with you several times. I never said i was opposed to everything you said, just the way you say it.

Or give them minor boons and let them train, picking the most talented and letting other to do tons of useful stuff for fractions of our daily mana income

Or we could use our mages to do things like that. they are already being trained in healing and life magic. with manarack, we'll be getting even more mages...eventually.

and we will probably get mage refugees from the EoT.

Minor boons are near useless as they are severely limited and cannot do much of anything at all. the real magic starts when they get major/potent or higher boons, but you dont want that.....

On a side note, what happens when a god is enslaved? can a god be enslaved? could the god who ruled our village before us have been enslaved (might explain his sudden disappearance whilst still having followers).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:59:35 am by kahn1234 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 22, 2013, 07:01:20 am »

Eldrick did quite nice thing with a minor boon in the first updates.
Azula did the same, too. She craftet Tiberius while possesing level one boon, IIRC

Multiply that by ten

I can't understand that - Let's make only epic things. Nonepic ones are plain bad and useless

It's a logical progression to have like 50 minor booners, 10 major bonners, 5 potent  booners, 1 very potent booner
It's illogical to have another scheme

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 22, 2013, 07:05:37 am »

Eldrick did quite nice thing with a minor boon in the first updates.
Azula did the same, too. She craftet Tiberius while possesing level one boon, IIRC

Multiply that by ten

I can't understand that - Let's make only epic things. Nonepic ones are plain bad and useless

It's a logical progression to have like 50 minor booners, 10 major bonners, 5 potent  booners, 1 very potent booner
It's illogical to have another scheme

Azula was magic-ed up to the hilt by us before she did that, and we aided her by telling her how to do it through whispering in her ear.

And Eldric could only really reinforce hings we had already done, or do things under our guideance.

No, it is not loical. No other god we have met has that. The only possible ones who do have followers which number in the thousands and millions. and therefore have the mana to burn.

we dont.

i can see your ideas being beneficial when our population is 10 times what it is at the moment, however we should only get 3-5 new booners maximum and have them at the very least be major booners. no minor booners.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 22, 2013, 07:07:52 am »

Why be so conservative with boons? I can't understand
Just greed? To not spend that 5-10%   of mana income?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 72