Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 103562 times)

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #345 on: January 22, 2013, 07:08:56 am »

Why be so conservative with boons? I can't understand
Just greed? To not spend that 5-10%   of mana income?

its not greed, its because:

A) we dont need 50+ booned folowers.
B) We need as much mana as possible. stockpiling for a rainy day.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 22, 2013, 07:11:07 am »

A) We don't need them because nonbooned followers are better than booned? Or why?

B) Then, let's cancel existing boons to save mana for a rainy day

C) We don't have 50 followers  :D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:13:04 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 22, 2013, 07:20:52 am »

How about for now we just stop talking about booning followers, since we don't seem to be getting much of anywhere with it.
EDIT: And I s'pose we have to shelve making our own race for now.  Shucks.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:23:32 am by Origami_Psycho »
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 22, 2013, 07:33:15 am »

Lets just deal with the afterlife. just expanding it without new unique features is fine for the time being.

it also doesn't have to be done in one big sitting, we can spend the time we have to spare and come back to it later.

just get it over with so it isn't an issue anymore. it needs to happen and I see no reason to put it off.

about trade. I would probably get different metals then copper. we can mine copper ourselves. the other ores we cannot.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 22, 2013, 07:36:12 am »

We have no time to upgrade it, especially if we consider possible problems with bad rolls. IMO, That's should be delayed to after the feast

we can mine copper ourselves. the other ores we cannot.
But we have no weaponsmiths, and we need weapons
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 22, 2013, 07:42:44 am »

A) We don't need them because nonbooned followers are better than booned? Or why?

B) Then, let's cancel existing boons to save mana for a rainy day

C) We don't have 50 followers  :D

We dont need them because having lots of near useless minor booned followers wouldn't help much and the mana cost would be too high. Anyway, our current booners can do things much better and much faster.

And no, lets not cancel the current boons. they are vital. lots of inexperienced minor booned followers? not vital.

we need to expand the afterlife. just expanding without adding any major unique things would not take long, and not use much mana. No one is saying we should do it before the feast either. we are planning for post-feast time. We can add unique features later still.

and, finally, why would we want to make our own race? it would be unpredictable, and it could even eventually become hostile. better to keep them as respected workers a the moment.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 22, 2013, 07:48:29 am »

We have no time to upgrade it, especially if we consider possible problems with bad rolls. IMO, That's should be delayed to after the feast

we can mine copper ourselves. the other ores we cannot.
But we have no weaponsmiths, and we need weapons
Yes we do, there is the smith who made us all the swords and daggers when Maher attacked the first time.  Speaking of which we really ought to detach a company of Stems to protect the festival, but use the dragons to guard the village.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 22, 2013, 07:51:22 am »

What I agree with is that free will is a two edged sword, especially for soldiers

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 22, 2013, 07:55:18 am »

Why we shouldn't upgrade afterlife that turn (IMO)

a) Last time we didn't know how much time we spent working in another dimension
b) Any failure will demand immediate repair, one we can't do right now due to time constrains
c) It's better to do one large upgrade, upgrading both defenses and comfort in one go  ( good defense for such a small world isn't needed, and comfort without defense is plain dangerous)

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 22, 2013, 08:04:15 am »

b) Any failure will demand immediate repair, one we can't do right now due to time constrains
c) It's better to do one large upgrade, upgrading both defenses and comfort in one go  ( good defense for such a small world isn't needed, and comfort without defense is plain dangerous)

alright, point A has swayed me.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 22, 2013, 08:22:50 am »

I still think we should make a specialized units that is good in unconventional warfare, the latest turn is good example on how crappy the Empire of Tranquility is at conventional warfare.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 22, 2013, 08:26:19 am »

Maybe, but after we

a) attend that feast
b) finish the fortress
c) expand the afterlife
d) Improve our agriculture
e) Beat the next major attack from anyone

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 22, 2013, 08:28:05 am »

seriously, its like talking to a brick wall.

We wouldnt spend anywhere near the same amount of time on it as we wouldnt be making it from scratch, we'd just we expanding it.

What time constraints? the feast? we are planning for AFTER THE FEAST! read for hells sake. willing blindness is not a virtue. and the fortress is not our concern until the dwarves have finished constructing it.

Currently, our afterlife is not under threat. we can expand it and keep it perfectly safe, so long as we dont inadvertently create cracks in the barrier keeping the voidspawn out.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 22, 2013, 08:41:38 am »

We wouldnt spend anywhere near the same amount of time on it as we wouldnt be making it from scratch, we'd just we expanding it.

What time constraints? the feast? we are planning for AFTER THE FEAST! read for hells sake. willing blindness is not a virtue. and the fortress is not our concern until the dwarves have finished constructing it.

Currently, our afterlife is not under threat. we can expand it and keep it perfectly safe, so long as we dont inadvertently create cracks in the barrier keeping the voidspawn out.

in all fairness I missed the 'for after the feast bit' aswell.
so it turns out theres no conflict here?

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 22, 2013, 08:43:01 am »

in all fairness I missed the 'for after the feast bit' aswell.
so it turns out theres no conflict here?

there is no conflict. once he feast is over, we could expand/upgrade the afterlife.

then the fortress will be completed eventually.

what happens in between these events is up to others.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 72