Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 102731 times)

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #375 on: January 22, 2013, 03:54:12 pm »

Wow you guys have really been going at it while I was gone.  Keep in mind there isn't anything wrong with pushing your ideas, just don't take it to the extreme and try and force your views on others.  Just explain why you think you have a good idea and use logic, facts, etc to try and bring people over to your way of thinking.  Also please for all of our sake don't start throwing around insults when people don't agree with you (that goes for everyone and if I'm ever guilty of insulting you please tell me so).

Now I'm not really going to address everything that has been mentioned, just a couple that seem more relevant to me.

I think it's been heavily implied that creatures we build from the ground up are, essentially, hollow. Soulless. Like the rest of the animals and plants out there.
Which is why I actively propose GMing our followers. We could make them plant, or bug people. Either way it'd be awesome. And hey, dedicated followers like a bunch of dryad dudes could be useful. See how the orcs work with Grumugga?
Come on, lets at least modify one kid. Not even that much, either. Just give the fetus.. I dunno.. green flame-style red hair(no abilities, just pigment)? We have to see if we can even pull this off, and if so, to what extent we can drag this before we end up with a soulless being. And hey, even if a worshipper is born without a soul, with any luck they're still intelligent, right?
Like the difference between a machine with sentimental value, and one without.

I was the first person to suggest modifying our human followers and I had (-1's) rain down on me like there was no tomorrow, which is why I brought back up the idea of just making our own followers from scratch.

I would be happy with either choice and I think we need to do one or the other if we really want to become powerful and capable of defending our followers from the huge number of enemies allied against us.

WE WENT OVER THIS!!!

we cannot make followers. they need a soul.

we cant....i repeat WE CANT.... make souls, and, therefore, followers.

Stop bringing this up. we're going to end up arguing in circles at this rate.

In response to this, I'd recommend looking at this post by Corruptor that was made about two posts ahead of yours:

To answer some questions that seem to have come up:
-Grumugga didn't create the Orc race, currently she is merely the only God of Orcs.
-Tiberius's soul stopped giving you mana because the mana in question is going towards powering his abilities. Installing a soul in a body that needs less upkeep might still give you mana, depending on the quality of the soul in question.
-Creating a new race is a difficult endeavor, and would take a substantial amount of both souls and mana as raw materials. A natural 20 would probably be needed as well, unless the God in question had very high skill levels. How exactly this could be achieved - well I'll leave that up to your creativity. Altering an existing race, on the other hand, is quite easier. Goblins originated as altered Orcs, for example.

Last but not least, update otw.

So yeah we might not be able to directly create souls but we can create a race (albeit not without much difficulty), which thus indirectly produces souls.  According to Corruptor, creating a race would require us to put in an initial investment of souls and a substantial amount at that, along with and unspecified amount of mana and raw materials.

We have souls and mana although quite possible not enough and we have abundant raw materials.  Once we create a race, we would gain back our investment of souls as our new race reproduces and creates more children who also have souls, paying off in the mid to long term depending on the speed at which they reproduce.

Corruptor told us that creating a race is expensive and difficult, possibly requiring us to roll a 20.  He also said that modifying a race is much easier and also probably cheaper.  We can see this exemplified by the fact that our neighbor chaos god modified humans to make a special race of snakemen and that some god (most likely the orc god) made goblins from orcs.  If these gods could modify a race for their own purposes then we could also do it and most likely with relative ease based off our chaos and life domains which both relate to creating and changing things.

Keeping all this in mind, I think we should modify humans as I previously suggested and as a long term goal, see about creating a new race of plant people.

I think Krait said that his snakemen dont produce mana for him, and we dont know if Goblins do either.

Personally, i think modifying humans is a very bad idea due to the sheer effort needed and the high possibility something will go wrong.
Well we will never know if we don't try, so why don't we make a deal with this pretty young lass who's gotten herself into a bit of a pickle?  We'll ensure the birth of her baby if we can attempt to make it into something better.  Small steps, keep the appearance, just change the things that we can't see for now.
Also, I think we need to look into making a group like the Agannamons assassin clones.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 22, 2013, 03:57:47 pm »

This took me a while to put together but here are all the links I could find to updates involving the snakemen:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121270.390
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121270.645
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121270.825

I didn't find anything saying snakemen can't produce mana and I don't think I missed anything.  He just talks about how they are really tough, don't get tired easily and that it took multiple generations of selectively breeding the strongest members to get them to the point they are today.  Also something about evolution at it's finest and all that.

Now once again, I'm not advocating changing people against their will nor am I saying we should partake in selective breeding, but at some point it really would be beneficial to us if we started to modify some volunteers to make them better.

I understand you are all against changing the kid, and I get that, so instead can we just ask the villagers if any of them would volunteer to be part of our attempt at making a new stronger species that is still relatively similar to humans and capable of interbreeding with them?  If things work out, then we'll just encourage our new people to try and have kids both with each other and with normal humans.

We can also still help the parents give birth to a normal child while we carry out our other plan.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 22, 2013, 04:24:05 pm »

This took me a while to put together but here are all the links I could find to updates involving the snakemen:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121270.390
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121270.645
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121270.825

I didn't find anything saying snakemen can't produce mana and I don't think I missed anything.  He just talks about how they are really tough, don't get tired easily and that it took multiple generations of selectively breeding the strongest members to get them to the point they are today.  Also something about evolution at it's finest and all that.

Now once again, I'm not advocating changing people against their will nor am I saying we should partake in selective breeding, but at some point it really would be beneficial to us if we started to modify some volunteers to make them better.

I understand you are all against changing the kid, and I get that, so instead can we just ask the villagers if any of them would volunteer to be part of our attempt at making a new stronger species that is still relatively similar to humans and capable of interbreeding with them?  If things work out, then we'll just encourage our new people to try and have kids both with each other and with normal humans.

We can also still help the parents give birth to a normal child while we carry out our other plan.
+1
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 22, 2013, 05:13:02 pm »

I'm fairly sure xenophobia might kick in if we try that, and unless they're paragons of beauty(read: elves in many depictions), then I have my doubts we will get anywhere any time soon.
Besides, we need to figure out what we can do. We don't even have to use our chaos abilities on the prospective child. We just have to encourage growth of what we want, and discourage growth of what we don't.
We can get the firey-red hair by getting the proper pigment producers to reign over the improper ones, and make the kid into Lord Beefcake by promoting muscle growth, we could get the kid to build a badass immune system with our prompting, while fixing up his cells with life to reduce or even eliminate the chance of an auto-immune disease.
It's probably more difficult than just whacking him with the chaos bat, but we can do it.
This is what science is.
As an aside: is there a difference between a race with less free will, and a highly subservient race, or can a race be all subservient to their god and free willed? I suggest a bunch of bug people if we go the genesis route. They can be our subservient slave race.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 22, 2013, 05:22:49 pm »

Subservient and free will are not mutually exclusive. Our people are subservient, but could choose to worship Serena or Krait at any time if they so please. That's free will. Our stems currently have no free will.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 22, 2013, 05:40:04 pm »

I don't think xenophobia is going to be such a big deal.  Humans don't seem to have any major issues with dwarves, elves, snakemen, etc.  I mean at least not any more issues than they have with other foreign humans.  Besides these guys will be almost completely outwardly identical to humans and they'll be made from people who already know each other and get along, making it pretty unlikely that there will be any major issues.

Anyway, like you said we don't need to make all the changes at once (or hit then with the chaos bat :P), lets just start by making our volunteers more intelligent and quick to learn, longer living overall, and that they reach adulthood faster.
Sure thing peanut man!

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #381 on: January 22, 2013, 08:08:00 pm »

Flowers:

This is more a long term, low relevance(right now) thing, so I'm say this here.

We should create a special garden area, a sanctuary for all nature. Maybe even include a seed vault of some sort. This sort of thing could make people come to the village to see it, if it becomes large and diverse enough. Tourism!

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 22, 2013, 08:09:10 pm »

Anyways, I think we should do these things after the tournament
1.Expand the rose bush and give it abilities to defend itself such as the ability to throw vines and use them to attack enemies. (Don't expand create new one that way we have about three lines of defence).
2.Send out minor patrols of stems along the trade routes in order to ensure there are no ambushes by greenskins or anything else.
3.Decrease the gestation period of the Stem seeds back to about 3-4 days.
4.Corrupt the trees along the trade routes for extra defense purposes.
5.Have our Stems train with our other creatures and promote Combined Arms Tactics to ensure that.
6.Ask any of the souls if they would like to go back to the material world in order to be souls for the firejackets.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 22, 2013, 08:10:05 pm »

Flowers:

This is more a long term, low relevance(right now) thing, so I'm say this here.

We should create a special garden area, a sanctuary for all nature. Maybe even include a seed vault of some sort. This sort of thing could make people come to the village to see it, if it becomes large and diverse enough. Tourism!
+1 to that eventually, too. A sort of botanical garden should work pretty well to attract people.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 22, 2013, 09:50:06 pm »

Very IC discussion in th IC thread.... damned flooders. Anyway:
Amusingly enough, I'm moving your points to the OOC thread.

Creating two races is a way to create internal conflicts in society unless they are very different (Like sentint trees. Or hives of insects...) But no two humanoid races. Especially one clearly superior to another. That includes different varieties of humans )
Depends on how well we do it. If real people can get over hundreds of years of prejudice, a god can smooth over issues before they start.

Also, I am against any serious genetic modification because that will limit our growth in future (normal humans will shun our society as a society of  damned monsters)
Well, I'm not sure how it would limit growth, and it would only make others see our village as a "society of damned monsters" if we made them monstrous. (Which some other people are suggesting...)

Sporejackets... We have a perfectly fine way to spread spores right now, there are absolutely no need to create them. Also, our most likely enemies are gods of death, and they don't care about spores much. And many things can go wrong with such creatures... From hurting our own people to killing fire-jackets.  And I am as anti new creatures as you people anti-boon, waste of mana in most cases
+1

my feelings towards using souls from the afterlife is that it is only done when the souls want to influence the material plane, and preferably in a non permanent way.

the souls in the afterlife have earned their bliss. once again, I don't see them as our assets, I see them as our followers.
I agree with this sentiment.

You should go read "the last night trol"l, Alice and the left stone debate was(is) hot, ask GWG about it.
(I told you the flaming wings would ruin stealth...and now we don't want to give it to anyone...)

you wan to waste mana on dozens of useless boons
Again, Mana is the most important resource, but not the only one. And I don't think that boosting economy is useless. Maybe not useful enough to compensate several % of our mana income (I think otherwise), but certainly not useless.
No, a few minor boons are good. They don't cost much mana, give good benefits, and if we choose wisely, can encourage mortals to behave in certain ways in hopes of appeasing us and convincing us to give them a boon.

3-5 new boon users at 'potent' level that would be far  [/superior.
Portent boons for unskilled users is a bad usage of mana, they can't use it properly, and probably will hurt themself or others
One of reasons to give many minor boons is to find talents that will receive stronger boons later
Agreed. I'm really not used to agreeing with people this much...

Actually, it would be 3 mana per day, as per what Corruptor said when we first created the afterlife.
When and if we make a good afterlife
Our initial one gave only 2 mana per soul for 2 souls. So it needs great expanding to reach that standard
Like making it 100 times bigger.
Which would be easy as we already have the base. The mount of mana and time needed for expansion would be minimal.
You're assuming most of the costs are start-up. If most are in the per-unit, it could cost dozens of times as much. But we don't know.

Time consuming? Mana consuming? we crated the afterlife in a day.
Yep, we crafted a simple afterlife in one day, complex one will take much more
When we first created the afterlife we needed to do a lot of things, most of all create a mini universe in another dimension and then construct the base of the afterlife. we dont need to do that now.
Again, assumptions.

whilst also discounting everyone elses ideas as inferior.
Simply untrue. I adapt my ideas to other's ideas. I modify ideas of the others
But yep, I am rarely +1ing (But I do that for  very good ideas ideas that I like much)
I may be wrong but when ever i see you post its usually to push your own ideas. Whilst i do agree with your ideas sometimes, you rarely push ideas that aren't your own. I know it may not be intentional, but it does seem a bit arrogant.
Hey, we all are.

Yes, make suggestion but dont stubbornly repeat and push your ideas, especially when they have so much resistance.
So he should submit to the will of the masses? As someone who is rarely in agreement with the others, I disapprove.

a better way would be to put you ideas forward every time the situation changes, if it doenst change, the reception o your ideas will not be different, so dont keep pushing.
He's doing fine as he is. Otherwise, he looks like he's agreeing with others' ideas when he's just not allowed to comment.

you wan to waste mana on dozens of useless boons
Again, Mana is the most important resource, but not the only one. And I don't think that boosting economy is useless. Maybe not useful enough to compensate several % of our mana income (I think otherwise), but certainly not useless.
If you like to shot down my suggestions without good reasons, feel free. But do not scream.
It takes Eldritch (our potent life boon user) a long time to do relatively simple things such as create Saps and grow shroom buildings. Minor life boons in such numbers would be a waste of mana.
1. Wait, making little mushrooms into towers is simple?!?
2. As it so happens, we have evidence of minor boon-user doing such things as making bushes instantly grow and improving a big bush wall. Imagine what we could do with crops.

3-5 new boon users at 'potent' level that would be far  [/superior.
Portent boons for unskilled users is a bad usage of mana, they can't use it properly, and probably will hurt themself or others
Well, train them up then!
We should give them minor boons to do that. You know, because you can't learn without doing...

Azula was magic-ed up to the hilt by us before she did that, and we aided her by telling her how to do it through whispering in her ear.
We only taught her. She only had a minor boon IIRC.

And Eldric could only really reinforce hings we had already done, or do things under our guideance.
Oh, I hallucinated those bushes he made in the heat of battle.

No, it is not loical. No other god we have met has that. The only possible ones who do have followers which number in the thousands and millions. and therefore have the mana to burn.

we dont.

i can see your ideas being beneficial when our population is 10 times what it is at the moment, however we should only get 3-5 new booners maximum and have them at the very least be major booners. no minor booners.
Sigh.
We haven't exactly asked anyone about their boon habits, now have we? We haven't even examined the makeup of most places.

Why be so conservative with boons? I can't understand
Just greed? To not spend that 5-10%   of mana income?
its not greed, its because:
A) we dont need 50+ booned folowers.
B) We need as much mana as possible. stockpiling for a rainy day.
A. 10-12<50, not greater.
B. Boons can help attract worshipers in addition to encouraging piety and helping the village.

We have no time to upgrade it, especially if we consider possible problems with bad rolls. IMO, That's should be delayed to after the feast

we can mine copper ourselves. the other ores we cannot.
But we have no weaponsmiths, and we need weapons
Agreement on both counts.
Stupid real life, making me get in too late to say the cool ideas.

A) We don't need them because nonbooned followers are better than booned? Or why?

B) Then, let's cancel existing boons to save mana for a rainy day

C) We don't have 50 followers  :D
We dont need them because having lots of near useless minor booned followers wouldn't help much and the mana cost would be too high. Anyway, our current booners can do things much better and much faster.
So let's only give useful boons, like increasing agricultural output, and have them evangelize. If we send them out to help struggling farmers and such (on the theory that we don't need to stockpile food), we would probably get enough worshipers to recoup the costs pretty soon.
Oh, and "minor" doesn't mean "worthless," it means "not earth-shattering." Raising huge mushroom towers? Huge. Raising normal crops? Not.

And no, lets not cancel the current boons. they are vital. lots of inexperienced minor booned followers? not vital.
Depends on how overboard we go.

we need to expand the afterlife. just expanding without adding any major unique things would not take long, and not use much mana. No one is saying we should do it before the feast either. we are planning for post-feast time. We can add unique features later still.
Eventually, yes.

and, finally, why would we want to make our own race? it would be unpredictable, and it could even eventually become hostile. better to keep them as respected workers a the moment.
Because we like making stuff. And we intend to make them into mana farms.

seriously, its like talking to a brick wall.
We're all brick walls here.

We wouldnt spend anywhere near the same amount of time on it as we wouldnt be making it from scratch, we'd just we expanding it.
Assumptions.

What time constraints? the feast? we are planning for AFTER THE FEAST! read for hells sake. willing blindness is not a virtue. and the fortress is not our concern until the dwarves have finished constructing it.
Not made clear.

Because, in real life, expanding something, especially something you already have a solid base to work from, is much easier than creating the same amount of something from nothing.
FTFY. We're adding a lot more on top of what we have than what there is, so it's currently unknown territory. I wouldn't be surprised if cost scaled pretty directly to capacity.

and what makes you think its so hard? has Corrupter explicitly said that creating the afterlife was hard? that expanding will be hard?
No, he's assuming that the game is intended to be "balanced."

the only reason you assume it was had is because we (a very inexperienced, newborn god) took 1 day to create a whole new realm from nothing, whilst usin up a respectable amount of mana.
A very small afterlife, which you are proposing increasing in size by a couple orders of magnitude.

I like the idea about the boon competition where the untalented get their boon taken away and the most talented get upgraded to the far more useful major/potent boons. We could do this after we expand the afterlife.
Why not start the contest, expand the Afterlife, and then check in on them? Compromises!

and expanding the afterlife is not an optional extra. it needs to be done, sooner rather than later.
The timing is an opinion.

maybe you two should consider some time-out, The next update or so should go pretty straight forward.

the two of you are just beating the same horse over and over and getting a little personal there.

discussion is fine, even heated discussion is fine. but the accusations and assumptions aren't good form.
let it rest for a bit and things play out. maybe things will come up that change the discussion.
+1(0,000,000)

I think Krait said that his snakemen dont produce mana for him, and we dont know if Goblins do either.
Goblins are nothing more than modified orcs (by Word of Corruptor), so they can be assumed to.

Personally, i think modifying humans is a very bad idea due to the sheer effort needed and the high possibility something will go wrong.
Depends on what we're doing. Natural boons, minor features? With parental permission. Making Buds? With extreme forethought and careful effort. Making monsters? No.

-snip-
+1
+1

I'm fairly sure xenophobia might kick in if we try that, and unless they're paragons of beauty(read: elves in many depictions), then I have my doubts we will get anywhere any time soon.
We can talk with Krait about this.

Besides, we need to figure out what we can do. We don't even have to use our chaos abilities on the prospective child. We just have to encourage growth of what we want, and discourage growth of what we don't.
We can get the firey-red hair by getting the proper pigment producers to reign over the improper ones, and make the kid into Lord Beefcake by promoting muscle growth, we could get the kid to build a badass immune system with our prompting, while fixing up his cells with life to reduce or even eliminate the chance of an auto-immune disease.
It's probably more difficult than just whacking him with the chaos bat, but we can do it.
This is what science is.
Acceptable points.

As an aside: is there a difference between a race with less free will, and a highly subservient race, or can a race be all subservient to their god and free willed? I suggest a bunch of bug people if we go the genesis route. They can be our subservient slave race.
Look at [insert commentary on real-world religion here]
People IRL do crazy stuff for religion, and their gods aren't [potentially insulting material removed]
...Why are there so many god games?

1.Expand the rose bush and give it abilities to defend itself such as the ability to throw vines and use them to attack enemies. (Don't expand create new one that way we have about three lines of defence).
2.Send out minor patrols of stems along the trade routes in order to ensure there are no ambushes by greenskins or anything else.
5.Have our Stems train with our other creatures and promote Combined Arms Tactics to ensure that.
6.Ask any of the souls if they would like to go back to the material world in order to be souls for the firejackets.
1, 2, 3, 5: Sure.
4: Only if we can control them.
6: Not souls for firejackets; be more general, so we don't hamstring ourselves two ways. Make sure they understand we might not put them into human forms, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 22, 2013, 10:20:59 pm »

I think it's pretty hard to find volunteers for firejacketing

Just imagine a conversation:

God: "Do you want to be a cloud of bugs and basically lose your humanity or live peacefully  in the heaven? "
Soul: " Heaven? Who needs that? It's cool to be a swarm of insects! "

1) Expanding the afterlife (first to *2 level, then to *3 level + defenses)
2) Attracting worshipers
3) Boosting industry, trade and quality of life
4) Upgrading the temple
5) Building the fortress
6) Fortifying our village
7) Getting more troops
8) Diplomacy with neighbors

That's a lot. We need everything from that list and need to find some kind of  balance...  It's bad to spend all mana on the afterlife, or economics, or allies. But it's bad to completely neglect any of those, either...
Some of this things can be partially done by our worshipers, some slowly raise with time naturally,  some can be done by our allies,  some only by us

Some less important things

9) Conquest ( I think we sinply don't have suitable targets now and peaceful expansion suits us better... But Maher lands and worshipers should be shared among us and allies some day)
10) Creating own race ( I'd like to have something fire related, but that's far from urgent and is hard)
11) Contacting major gods, trying to get something from them ( Entering into the games of major gods is dangerous)
12) Exploring other dimensions ( if there are something like plane of fire, we can use it quite nicely. Summoning circles anyone?)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 22, 2013, 10:47:52 pm »

Not sure about a plane of fire but I do recall something being mentioned about a god being able to move angels between the different planes, so if we made angels we could probably summon them into the world from our heaven or have our followers do so.
Sure thing peanut man!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 23, 2013, 12:37:51 am »

+1.000-ing GWG here. He wrote quite a bunch of good stuff.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 23, 2013, 03:20:09 am »

I like 1-5.

Although 6 gets a -1 from me. Waste of a soul for very little gain. they are already intelligent enough. We shouldnt be using them for much else other than fire nectar production unless forced to.

I think it's pretty hard to find volunteers for firejacketing

Just imagine a conversation:

God: "Do you want to be a cloud of bugs and basically lose your humanity or live peacefully  in the heaven? "
Soul: " Heaven? Who needs that? It's cool to be a swarm of insects! "

1) Expanding the afterlife (first to *2 level, then to *3 level + defenses)
2) Attracting worshipers
3) Boosting industry, trade and quality of life
4) Upgrading the temple
5) Building the fortress
6) Fortifying our village
7) Getting more troops
8) Diplomacy with neighbors

That's a lot. We need everything from that list and need to find some kind of  balance...  It's bad to spend all mana on the afterlife, or economics, or allies. But it's bad to completely neglect any of those, either...
Some of this things can be partially done by our worshipers, some slowly raise with time naturally,  some can be done by our allies,  some only by us

Some less important things

9) Conquest ( I think we sinply don't have suitable targets now and peaceful expansion suits us better... But Maher lands and worshipers should be shared among us and allies some day)
10) Creating own race ( I'd like to have something fire related, but that's far from urgent and is hard)
11) Contacting major gods, trying to get something from them ( Entering into the games of major gods is dangerous)
12) Exploring other dimensions ( if there are something like plane of fire, we can use it quite nicely. Summoning circles anyone?)

I like this list.

I think that we should put off modifying humans until we have more evidence hat thins cant go wrong. For all we know, it may have taken Krait a very long time and a lot of effort to get his normal people to accept the snakemen he created.

We have a lot to do. We cant afford to spend our time babysitting a new race whilst making sure our normal humans dont feel neglected or angry or whatever which may end up with us losing more mana than what we gain.

And on the subject of boons getting more followers, it hasn't been working all that well, even though we have a healing boon guy going g to Ceres often. Most of our extra followers have followed the money and our special materials.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:39:26 am by kahn1234 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 23, 2013, 05:22:19 am »

To not oveflood the IC:

I like it. a lot of that we could do ourselves in very little time for very little mana
We could, but that's wasting time and effort. And I am not sure that this will cheaper in mana than letting booners to do it, In fact I suspect that opposite is true. If Donut will do such small things then It's like killing flies with nukes.

Why do we need skilled farmers? 
That's getting old

a) to command\heal stems
b) to raise any plant we want much faster ( like adult plant in seconds, several times per day per booner)
c) To maintain-upgrade-expand any plant related infrastructure
d) To gather plant magic knowledge (More people practicing = more ideas)
e) To make our people more important (Not Mana generators)
f) To influence any visitors (BTW, we have 3 villagers that didn't convert)
g) To get chance to have more Eldricks, when we'll have mana to support many potent boons ( They'll get the needed experience doing many minor jobs)
h) To have someone able to protect our land and tend for village if something happens to us ( who knows? Maybe we'll get incapacitated for days by something. Or will need to leave in far lands(other planes)  for long. Or choose to start war for worshipers in Cares. Or will need to spend time in fortress in the offensive operation)
i) To have skilled mages to participate in future battles (no, minor plant booners aren't useles in combat, Eldrick proved that. And no, death of the booned is not that bad for mana. We can either use the skilled soul in a useful way or put it into the afterlife to generate mana(and I think their skills will be useful for afterlife defense, too))

Our agriculture is not merely food. Our agriculture is everything Boosting farming = boosting everything

they wouldn't even be tat useful in a meat or dairy industry
Of cause, plant booners are not that useful for cattle (except raising food for them ) , if we decide to go that way we need other kind of boons...  (but why the hell we need milk if we have fire nectar? And why raise cattle for  meat when we have bloodmelons? )

You know what your problem kahn1234?. You are making vague assumptions and then act like they are 100% proven fact.  Like the one that  plant booners can only do very minor things (while Eldrick made bushes from nothing, mid combat, in seconds) or that it's cheap to increase the afterlife.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 72